• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Most over rated movie (1 Viewer)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i watched "Usual suspects" recently, and i heard good things about it, i also saw tthat it was rated high on www.imdb.com . however when i watched it , i didnt think it was all that great, the only good acting i thought was coming from kevin spacey and overrall the film wasnt original. However the ending was well done in my opinion.

Iago

HSC
SashatheMan said:
i watched "Usual suspects" recently, and i heard good things about it, i also saw tthat it was rated high on www.imdb.com . however when i watched it , i didnt think it was all that great, the only good acting i thought was coming from kevin spacey and overrall the film wasnt original. However the ending was well done in my opinion.
no no no. usual suspects is a classic. the film was startlingly original. find a tightly woven, multi-layered thriller similar to it, with similar narrative structure and conclusion. you won't. ffs appreciate fine cinema when you see it, moron.

otay

HSC
Almost Famous and
Requiem for a snooze fest i mean dream.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
The Usual Suspects would fall under what icecream would call 'good but overrated' for me. It was a good thriller, but nothing terribly mindblowing as its popularity on IMDb and elsewhere would seem to indicate.

Almost Famous and Requiem For A Dream are both masterpieces though. What didn't you like about them?

otay

HSC
Benny_ said:
The Usual Suspects would fall under what icecream would call 'good but overrated' for me. It was a good thriller, but nothing terribly mindblowing as its popularity on IMDb and elsewhere would seem to indicate.

Almost Famous and Requiem For A Dream are both masterpieces though. What didn't you like about them?
Well I just found Almost famous to be so goddam boring, didn't capture me at all. Requiem For a Dream I heard was a little different and I went in with an open mind but was kinda disappointed. Too many boring bits. I didn't mind it, but I thought it was fair overrated. Almost Famous though is my least favourite movie ever. So dam boring and lame. Just my opinion.

Usual suspects was an awesome movie.

icecreamdisco

HSC
the usual suspects = a guy lying to us for 90 minutes and then pulling the rug out from underneath. don't see the appeal.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
^^

In retrospect, yes. I was pretty unimpressed with the 'twist' at the end as well. It was a fun ride while it lasted though.

walrusbear

HSC
icecreamdisco said:
the usual suspects = a guy lying to us for 90 minutes and then pulling the rug out from underneath. don't see the appeal.
hahahah
it has some laughs on the way as well :p

HotShot

-_-
HSC
usual suspects was good

the mostoverated movie godfather and rambo.

rambo was just pure shit.

sarevok

HSC
Fight Club. The only reason it is so revered is because it appeals to teen-angst.

gothicretaliate

King Kong. Everyone knows the story. It's been done before. Just because you slap a abominably large amount of CGI, doesn't mean its worthy of viewing, not to mention a portion of my allowance towards the box office.

Cute monkey man, pointless movie.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I wasn't overly impressed with The Usual Suspects. I didn't really enjoy Almost Famous either, maybe because the subject matter didn't interest me that much.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:

thank you.

thats what i said. its an above average movie, but doesnt deserve as much rep as its given in my opinion.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Iago said:
no no no. usual suspects is a classic. the film was startlingly original. find a tightly woven, multi-layered thriller similar to it, with similar narrative structure and conclusion. you won't. ffs appreciate fine cinema when you see it, moron.
excuse me. i know fine cinema when i see it. As i sais i wasnt impressed with the cast of actors apart from kevin spacey. i thought the acting was poor. The storyline was of a typical oceans 11 type of thing. i know this movie was make before oceans 11 , but still its an average plot. it was basicaly the cliche form a group, get some money and be rich. the only twist was the end, but it didnt help raise the overall appeal of the movie.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
m0ofin said:
Cinderella Story. Raise Your Voice. Corny, corny corny.
My friends actually cry in those movies *sigh*
i don't think raise your voice counts when no one ever has said it was good

btw, i loved it. one of the funniest movies i saw all year. pissed myself laughing the entire time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)