• I think so :?

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • It depends..-.-

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters

Domsky

HSC
Hello ppl,
I was just curious if more periods are better for a student and will it benefit them with the extra periods each day to get good marks for there hsc marks and is it a wise thing?
e.g. Me = 4 periods a day but some friends of mine have 6 or 7 however they are shorter....
I am not really sure if they have the advantage have more periods but less time while me less periods and more time...

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Good. Keeps your mind fresh. I mean, having a long class tires you. Like when i have a double i find after a hour and a bit my mind wanders nbecause it is the same subject.

Having different subjects constant;y allows me to focus more as I move to different things.

Domsky

HSC
Really?! wow! i wish i have 6 periods...i have 4 and trust me ur right about the mind wondering thing...i did that today last period....guess i was pretty tired from lunch today lol :)

M

MichelleV

I had 4 a day at about 80 minutes each.

Personally, I don't think you can complete as much work/as in depth as necessary in shorter lessons.

My school tried doing split periods, so 40 minutes in one class and then 40 in another, but most of the time it was a waste because by the time everybody had gotten settled and the teacher had started talking, the class was over, so you didn't actually achieve anything.

Plus in subjects like chem and bio were we had to do extensive pracs, it was nice to have more time on your hands so you could complete them properly :)

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I had 5, one hour each. That was definitely the perfect length in my eyes.

enoilgam

HSC
I had 5, one hour each. That was definitely the perfect length in my eyes.
Agreed. I had five classes as well and I felt they were just right. Too many periods and you dont have enough time to get stuff done, too few periods and it starts to become dedious being in a class for that long.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Yea, actually what is weird is my periods vary, usually they are about 50-55 mins like period on starts at 9:03 and ends at 10:57

so weird.

But, having it too long and your mind wanders

Ph03nix

HSC
I have 4 periods a day, 75mins each and I do feel they are a bit too long especially when you have subjects where you predominantly have to listen and read. I think 60 minutes per period would probably be much better.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I had 6 periods a day, 55 minutes each.

They were good.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I had 5 a day, 72 minutes each. But we also got 11+ free periods per fortnight due to it, and all the extension classes etc... were during school time, no late/early classes.

Siddy123

HSC
I had 5 a day, 72 minutes each. But we also got 11+ free periods per fortnight due to it, and all the extension classes etc... were during school time, no late/early classes.
lucky.
speaking of which, i have english morro morning.
*sigh*

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad
In a week i have 20 periods in total

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
My school has 8 periods on non sport days. And 5 on sport day.
Periods are 40 minutes each, so when you are in senior school, 2u subjects you tend to have two doubles and two singles a week.

We have lots of classes running offline though in mornings, arvos and lunch times.

Thief

!!
HSC
our class had 12 classes each day....
How long were the periods?!

I've experienced both 80mins x 4 and ~60mins x 5 and I do prefer the 60min lessons. Although having double periods suck...

HSC
Uni Grad
I had 75 minute classes. On some days, I had class from 7:40-10:30, meaning that I'd leave school early and do other stuff, other times, I had class from 7:40-4:20, getting to school early in the morning and arriving home really late; at around 6pm.
Normal days from 9-3 rarely existed for me.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
6 periods a day 52 minutes on most days. I think they're too short to be honest - by the time you get to the next class, get everything out and everyone settles down you've wasted 10 minutes. There's also the problem that some practicals, especially for chemistry, take a long time so often you'd either not get them done or go into lunch/recess. IIRC we took 3 periods spread across 4 days to finish the esterfication practical, simply because it took so long to warm everything up each time.

That being said, I've got a maths double/triple on tuesdays and that's just too long, especially because it's at the end of the day - everyone gets restless and whatnot so after an hour and a half it's just pointless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)