• I think so :?

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • It depends..-.-

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters

wildchild666

HSC
My old school was 6 periods per day.

My current one is 4 periods/day, ~75-80 minutes each.

eat_well

HSC
My school has 5 periods a day. We used to have 7 a day but I much prefer the 5. The time to walk to the classroom and setup your work area does kill off some class time but when you do it 5 times then it builds up.

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
five ~1 hour periods in a normal day.

Up until 2011 it used to be four 1hr 20min periods, which in retrospect was absolutely horrible.

Crimson Cupcake

HSC
I don't think shorter periods are better. Our periods are 1 hour (or 55 minutes, I can never really tell), five periods a day, and I'm fine with them like that. It means that even if we go off-topic there's still time to learn the work we should, and if the teacher's late, the period isn't completely wasted.

I have a friend who's periods are half an hour long, and if the teacher was 10 minutes late, they could barely learn anything. Not to mention all the trouble of setting up computers and such.

I read that students were supposed to study in 50 minute sessions, so that sounds about the ideal length of a period. Anything shorter and it isn't productive. Anything longer and your attention tends to wander.

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
Okay so next semester I have a really awesome timetable which only entails 16 hours p/w; each of my 'periods' are 2 hours long. Sometimes this is a little long, esp. if I didn't eat enough brekky before hand, but otherwise it works well for me :)

This semester was a little different in that I had 20-22 hours p/w...realistically I could have chopped that time by at least 4 hours and gotten the same benefit out of it. But then again, that's TAFE for you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)