Modern History 2021 HSC Exam Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Hiheyhello

HSC
oh yeah, how much can being ranked first alleviate a not so good external mark if ur cohort usually gets 5-6 band 6s for modern

could be underestimating myself but gotta be prepared for the worst

icycledough

HSC
@jimmysmith560 I've finally finished my HSC.. any words of encouragement for the future?
Congratulations on that ... definitely should be much more relaxing. Just curious though as to how you've finished so early, considering there's only been 4 days of exams?

zbolland

HSC
oh yeah, how much can being ranked first alleviate a not so good external mark if ur cohort usually gets 5-6 band 6s for modern

could be underestimating myself but gotta be prepared for the worst
you should be fine - it’s obviously dependent on a lot of difference things, such as cohort performance and the general state performance, which is difficult to gauge from the exams and chitter chatter post-exam today.

your best bet is to probably let it go and wait and see what happens - as someone who is also rank 1 i too share your concerns if my mark wasn’t as good as i would’ve hoped, but i think we have some form of a cushion to save us in the worst case scenario, regardless of how everything went.

no need to stress about a situation that is completely out of your power at this point - trotsky stressed about the future of the Soviet Union and got exiled to kazakhstan by 1927, so let’s not get too concerned

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
@jimmysmith560 I've finally finished my HSC.. any words of encouragement for the future?
Indeed! First of all congratulations on successfully completing your HSC! That in itself is a huge achievement, particularly considering the unfortunate circumstances that may have negatively affected your studies throughout this year. You have undoubtedly shown incredible resilience and determination throughout this year and this was reflected in some amazing results, which I'm sure will be made even better with your performance in your HSC exams. Now is the time to take a break and forget about all things study-related and finally be able to enjoy life. Regarding the future, I wish you the best of luck with your tertiary studies, and I'm sure that you will shine at university just as you did at school, because you will surely maintain your effective study strategy and determined mindset going into university. Enjoy the holidays! :D

Best of luck to everyone else who is yet to finish! Keep believing in yourself! 💪

Congratulations on that ... definitely should be much more relaxing. Just curious though as to how you've finished so early, considering there's only been 4 days of exams?
He accelerated maths. :)

zbolland

HSC
wait this is lowkey a bump but did anyone else discuss the 'tear' in the painting of hitler for that one power and authority question? found that to be really interesting and didn't know whether to talk about it or not lmao

specificagent1

HSC
wait this is lowkey a bump but did anyone else discuss the 'tear' in the painting of hitler for that one power and authority question? found that to be really interesting and didn't know whether to talk about it or not lmao
there was a little disclaimer saying that tear was after the war when someone vandalised it

zbolland

HSC
there was a little disclaimer saying that tear was after the war when someone vandalised it
still tho, i think it may have been worth a mention. shows the deprecation of his cult of personality and how it essentially transformed (for the worse) throughout the war. definitely not required since its kinda beyond the syllabus but i had some extra time so i just went for it lmao

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
no i did not cuz i don't think it was too relevant?

hiiitsme

HSC
yes, i did. For the same reason cos it asked for perspectives about his cult of personality between the two and the extract from kershaw was obviously post war so I used it to segue into kershaws source

zbolland

HSC
yes, i did. For the same reason cos it asked for perspectives about his cult of personality between the two and the extract from kershaw was obviously post war so I used it to segue into kershaws source
yup yup me too, awesome

Hiheyhello

HSC
oooh i didn’t mention it but in retrospect that’s kinda smart

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)