Mock Trial (1 Viewer)

agua.fuego

HSC
Anybody out there doing Mock Trial?

What school are you at?? And what part do you do?

We've got our next one tomorrow, but can't go...

I'm usually a solicitor. We're Xavier, btw...

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Just did mine against Wauchope High today and lost. I'm at St Columba, and solicitor. We were prosecution and I think we did really well, but I'm not the magistrate.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Awesome I'm doing one tomorrow, I'm freaking out because today I was moved from Solicitor to first barrister because our first barrister bailed out on us.
I have to write both an opening address and the pre trial notes so I'm stressing.

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
i did mock trial in year 10 and 11!
we just missed out on being regional finalists last year..

i was usually a witness :p

tried being barrister once, screwed that up!

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Today we discovered our first barrister hadn't finished writing the opening address so for five minutes before we started we were writing like crazy trying to get it done. I wonder if that contributed to our loss :p

bored of sc

HSC
our school (xavier) owns everyone! i think (i wouldn't know cause I don't do it)

bored of sc

HSC
Mock Trials must be so good for your nerves and spontaneous thinking skills as well as public speaking and personal presentation/body language :)

HSC
bored of sc said:
our school (xavier) owns everyone! i think (i wouldn't know cause I don't do it)
well i win coz um...i used to go to xavier and um... used to do legal studies..and um used to be in your year.

guess who?

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
my school won the eastern region last year.

i was meant to be solicitor but somehow ended being witness and usually fill in whenever someone pulls out.

Scotty101

HSC
Our school does it, but the team is so small i have to do it every so often, and im always asked to learn like 300 lines for witness the night before lol..

HSC
ooh, i did mock trial in year 11... in the first trial, i was the second witness... i was horrible at it. our magistrate (who looked a bit like Ronald McDonald, except was chubby instead of tall) told me to go back to the pub. yep, i was that good at it. so glad he didn't recognise me at the next match he supervised.

the next match i sat out, and the one after that i was first barrister. it was the funniest thing ever, my witness pretty much admitted to the crime, he may as well have stood up on his chair and screamed "i'm guilty!". i got a pretty good mark for that trial, but our solicitor was absolute crap... our school never wins lol.

Last edited:

GREMM1S

HSC
I did mine yesterday night, i don't do much because i am lazy :p but last night i went court officer which ssucks and we lost :(. My school is Picnic Point High School and the magistrate was a homo.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
We won our most recent one, it was close and the points were really high for both teams.
We should have done way better but our first barrister bailed out the day before so I was solicitor and first barrister for our mock trial. The solicitor on the day just sat there twidling his thumbs while the rest of us stressed.

X-terc

HSC
N/A
LOVEEE MOCKTRAILL. I'm teh solicitor. ahahah its really fun.

We lost the trail but won the case, but lost overall. Its a nice experience, i just hope my legal teacher will start helping us instead of counsiling his Year 12s 24/7. Then, maybe we will have a chance winning .

agua.fuego

HSC
bored of sc said:
And you are exactly right.
Mind you, we lost 1. By 4 points, but we were missing 2 people. So eergh.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
We don't have a legal studies class and all team is made up of year 11 and year 10 kids and we still are a decent team, out of the 2 we have done we have won both of them.

HMF

Señor CAFS Dude
HSC
Yea, Mock Trial BCC (Belmont Christian College). We won the first one but lost second. coz we hav fukhead yr 10's and they're crap. Then i get told i miss out on barrister to fukn yr 10's and i get stuck with magistrates clerk. God dammit. lol. :argue:

*Jezzza

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, our school (Mudgee High) lost the first round (crap barrister), won the second round and the recent round we did, we lost.

The last round we were the defence. The magistrate was a complete idiot. He kept interrupting our barrasiter during his closing statement. Not to mention the fact that our first witness completely forgot her lines and the other side kept objecting to our leading questions (we were trying to get her to remember where she was up to).

And then the magistrate wouldn't allow the question "What is a Flemish brick bond" because it had no relevance to witness credibility.

I'm the solicitor and no one else on the team except the second barrister did anything until the night before and the car trip to Parkes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)