Med Transfer!?!? (1 Viewer)

Jacob1991

HSC
what courses can i do in uni that i can transfer into med after 1 or 2 years.
Plz state course name/uni/time/other conditions
thanks

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
med isnt something you can just transfer into. you still have to sit the UMAT/GAMSAT, do an interview, and have a reasonable GPA. you apply like everyone else. you can apply after 1 year of tertiary study.

getintomedicine

HSC
what courses can i do in uni that i can transfer into med after 1 or 2 years.
Plz state course name/uni/time/other conditions
thanks
You can transfer from any course provided you have good enough uni marks, school marks, UMAT and interview. Many people who miss out on getting into Medicine first time around will do a similar course, such as a Bachelor of Medical Science.

Jacob1991

HSC
ok i know u have to do GAMSAT/UMAT, but like say i dont make it first year as an undergrad, what do mots ppl do if they wanna to transfer into med in the future?

sam5

HSC
BSc or medical science
is the 'sciency' stuff in medical science heaps more 'dumbed down' than what it is in the medicine course?

I did want to do medicine (to become a pathologist) but the public health kinda thing turned me away. So i opted for medical science at newcastle uni. I could have done medicine at new uni, but i didnt feel ready.

Shame that high paying pathology jobs require medicne, even though they dont treat patients directly and stay out of sight and out of mind.

lifequest

HSC
Excuse me? I didn't hear you properly.
Med for Pay?
Please don't crush another person's true dreams and passions for a couple of stacks of plastic currency.

A Stone Monkey

HSC
N/A
ok i know u have to do GAMSAT/UMAT, but like say i dont make it first year as an undergrad, what do mots ppl do if they wanna to transfer into med in the future?
You never, ever transfer unless you're already in and you're switching from this to that.

For those in provisional courses, it's simply graduating from their first undergrad degree and starting the once-provisional med degree.

Dumbass.

You'll always make it as an undergrad, 'cuz you can't do postgrad if you haven't grad'd, DUUUHHH.

It's school leaver-entry you mean, but you fail to say.

P.S. You have to have a communicable level of written and spoken English.
BSc or medical science
BA is just as good, if not better.

BSc only fills your head with the crap you'll draw upon, but not really use, either. Also, you're in a huge mosh with all these other people, some of them aiming for HD's and D's to get into honours, maintain scholarships and special programs, get into medical/dental school or graduate-entry pharmacy, etc.

Eh, I don't care, and you can (choose to) work out your life; after all, you run your life, and your life revolves around yourself.
is the 'sciency' stuff in medical science heaps more 'dumbed down' than what it is in the medicine course?
Probably?

There's probably no clinical component to med. sci. degrees, or maybe it's hugely lacking. Definitely no clinical days to everything but health science, med, dent, and final-year pharm (which is kinda a whole year of supervised practice).
I did want to do medicine (to become a pathologist) but the public health kinda thing turned me away. So i opted for medical science at newcastle uni. I could have done medicine at new uni, but i didnt feel ready.
That, sir, is a rationalisation, or indicative of underlying issues with insecurity.

Epic mistake, prolly.
Shame that high paying pathology jobs require medicne, even though they dont treat patients directly and stay out of sight and out of mind.
Well, obv. path (college-accredited) require med. Without it, you're nothing.

Pathologists can choose to do clinical/primary care, research/secondary/other, or a combination of both; e.g. immunologists, or immunopathologists, are a prime example of pathologists that can undertake any of the three paths (although, primary care may require some training in internal medicine).

Perhaps you ought to check out the brochures for the Royal College of Pathologists of Australia.
Excuse me? I didn't hear you properly.
Med for Pay?
Please don't crush another person's true dreams and passions for a couple of stacks of plastic currency.
The Hell are you on about?

Unless you're whining about buying out of the bonded contract with the government, you should shut up and get a new perspective of how the world is and operates.

Want has nothing to do with what you get; you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime you find that you get what you need.

lifequest

HSC
The Hell are you on about?

Unless you're whining about buying out of the bonded contract with the government, you should shut up and get a new perspective of how the world is and operates.

Want has nothing to do with what you get; you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime you find that you get what you need.
And what the hell are YOU on about?
Your grammar throughout your post has flaws repeatedly. You have no underlying point to your post. Enjoying the anonymity of the internet? I'm sure you're "very" well educated. Mind sharing your credentials?

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
To clear this thread up.

There are multiple ways -

- UMAT (For Undergraduate Entry only)
- GAMSAT (After you've successfully graduated with WHATEVER degree - then applied to post graduate medical school): There's always a misconception that you must do a Bsc or B Med Sci, in fact you can do a B Economics, and still apply for GAMSAT and get into medical school.
- Bond University - Complete 1 year of your undergrad degree, score a good GPA. Apply to Bond - no need to do GAMSAT/UMAT, only an interview + CV.
- James Cook does a similar thing except it requires UMAT.

Hope this clears things up. And seriously for clarification in regards to Post-Graduate Medicine - PagingDr Forum is the way to go, most of us there are medical students (Post Grad / Under Grad).

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Dunno what you're worried about Jacob, you're our school's dux, you gunned UMAT - and your interpersonal skills aren't bad either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)