Martin Place Hostage Situation (1 Viewer)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Well, no one knows the origins of the gunman, don't jump to conclusions. Plus, no bias involved, and it's obvious that the gunman put the flag up, which is obviously portraying Islam in a negative light.
yes this gunman is clearly risking his life/spending the rest of his life behind bars just so he can make islam look bad

fuck off you terrorist fuck

HSC
Well, no one knows the origins of the gunman, don't jump to conclusions. Plus, no bias involved, and it's obvious that the gunman put the flag up, which is obviously portraying Islam in a negative light.
Thank you for agreeing with everything I said, what was even your point again?

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
Mate, just some advice, there is no point of arguing your point. Your wasting your time and plus its not worth it
Lol, holy shit, thanks for the advice, but no, not enough evidence to jump to conclusions, and I'm against this whole thing. Do you feel sympathetic towards the hostages? Of course yes fuck sake.

hypermax

HSC
N/A
A man has been handcuffed 200m from the Martin Place cafe siege in central Sydney

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Sydney Opera House evacuated

The Sydney Opera House, which is about a kilometre and a half from Martin Place, has been evacuated. It is not clear why and there are conflicting reports about the reasons.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
A man has been handcuffed 200m from the Martin Place cafe siege in central Sydney
Seven news said it is apparently unrelated but that is a fucking weird coincidence lol

hypermax

HSC
N/A
Calm down bro, i think this thing has gotten to your head. Like i said there is no reason for you to argue CAUSE NO ONE GIVES A SHIT.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Sydney Opera House evacuated

The Sydney Opera House, which is about a kilometre and a half from Martin Place, has been evacuated. It is not clear why and there are conflicting reports about the reasons.
Apparently a suspicious package.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Oh yeah and the Sydney eye hospital had some man with a package go in and now he's missing.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
1m ago
12:37
Sydney cafe under siege, what we know so far

We are almost three hours into the siege and there is a lot of conflicting reports and speculation. Here is a brief rundown of what we actually do know:

Customers and staff at Lindt Cafe in Martin Place, Sydney, were taken hostage about 9.45am. There are varying reports on the number of hostages but four have been sighted in camera footage. They were made to stand up against the windows with their hands raised.
There is at least one gunman.
A black flag with white writing was put in the window of the cafe. It is not an Islamic State flag. The flag appears to bear the Shahada, an Islamic creed which reads: “There is no god but the God, Muhammad is the messenger of God.” It’s can be a benign symbol and appears across the Islamic world, including on the Saudi Arabian flag. But it has also been embraced by jihadi groups such as Jabhat Al-Nusra, an Al-Qaeda affiliate currently fighting in Syria.
The prime minister, Tony Abbott, confirmed the national security committee of cabinet has convened for briefings.
Buildings in the area have been evacuated, as has the Sydney Opera House though it has not been confirmed why the Opera House has been evacuated.
The prime minister will address media soon.

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
Ffs, no arguing shit lol. All I want is for the people to be safe. Sylvia, shut up hoe. I can feel your hate from here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)