Martin Place Hostage Situation (1 Viewer)

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty edgy stuff, if you pulled your head out of the sand you'd realize ISIS hasn't been blamed or even suspected for anything yet, the flag is not believed to be connected to ISIS in any way.
Bud, I'm am fucking aware of what's going, and don't fall for media piece of shit. However, they aren't putting forth any speculations based on isis, (according to what authorities said), but Islam is being blamed yet again. That was my argument.

Generally speaking, the blame is obviously being placed on Islam itself, don't really care about isis or it's associates.

hypermax

HSC
N/A
are they any confirmed reports about how many people are holding the hostages?

HSC
Bud, I'm am fucking aware of what's going, and don't fall for media piece of shit. However, they aren't putting forth any speculations based on isis, (according to what authorities said), but Islam is being blamed yet again. That was my argument.

Generally speaking, the blame is obviously being placed on Islam itself, don't really care about isis or it's associates.
Well yes, in that sense the "blame" is being put on Islam because there are obvious evident Islamic influences in the scenario, isn't that a pretty simple concept to wrap your head around? No one is blaming Islam as a whole for the situation and you're stupid if you think the media/authorities are.

Swaan

Stupid Fat Hobbit
HSC

They said
"The flag appears to be a Shahada flag, not an Islamic State flag, but is associated with Islamist and jihadist movements." ? Not sure if that clears anything

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
I was at the District Court when all this started and now my building's locked down and I couldn't get back in.

Moved to uni to wait this out.

It's so close it's scary. I'm hoping this can be resolved quickly and all the 'devices' around the city don't exist.

peri24

HSC
http://www.news.com.au/national/a-m...artin-place-cafe/story-fncynjr2-1227156241649

Small world we live in (was high school classmates with Bruno who's working at Lindt). Hey Bruno you're on the news!

Not funny I know a lot of people in lockdown/at martin place right now
I know it's not funny about the people and the situation. It's only funny when he said he wants to talk to the prime minister.

Not surprised that he isn't good looking.

This is so scary omfg :(
It's scary but not super scary. It's a shotgun if you read the article.

integral95

HSC
What I'm really concerned is.... what if they started the attack at martin place jsut to lure most of the police/military, and then start their REAL attack elsewhere in Australia?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
What I'm really concerned is.... what if they started the attack at martin place jsut to lure most of the police/military, and then start their REAL attack elsewhere in Australia?
Hopefully they aren't smart

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
Well yes, in that sense the "blame" is being put on Islam because there are obvious evident Islamic influences in the scenario, isn't that a pretty simple concept to wrap your head around? No one is blaming Islam as a whole for the situation and you're stupid if you think the media/authorities are.
Lol mate, anyone could've put that flag up on display. Any evidence of the gunman's appearance?

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
I've eaten there so many times and love getting coffees from there...can't believe something of this calibre is happening.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Don't give a shit anymore. All this manipulated shit the news and authorities provide us with, putting islam under the spotlight almost whenever they can. A hostage situation hasn't officially happened in a while, and when it does (now), blame obviously goes on the 'suspected' Islamic state militants. Bet if there was another major terrorist attack in Sydney, organised by (i.e. non-muslims), bang, Islamic state blah blah did all this blah.
the flag is clearly islamic like seriously fuck off with your persecution complex

hypermax

HSC
N/A
This isn't die hard..jks. That is why many places in the city are in lock down and basically every intelligence agency is on high alert.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
yes one of the hostages who just happened to be carrying an islamic flag is holding it against the window on their own accord and the gunman has no problem with it

muslim conspiracy theorists XD XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)