Madonna-Hung Up & Confessions On A Dancefloor (1 Viewer)

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
I can't wait till this new package comes out, although i am a little pissed off she had to steal the hook from an ABBA song in "Hung Up".

wanton-wonton

HSC
ihavenothing said:
I can't wait till this new package comes out, although i am a little pissed off she had to steal the hook from an ABBA song in "Hung Up".
I have her umm...Hung Up Promo CD, or is it the Hung Up Single, I'm not too sure.

It's quite catchy, but the remixes are stupid. Aren't they all?

Counterfeit

HSC
I saw the video clip for this song this morning...

I had the biggest urge to get a blunt tooth pick and prick my eyes till all the gelatinous goo oozed out into an unseen jiggly puddle on the floor.

Jesus H. Christ, leotard clad freaks on the wrong side of 40, NO THANK YOU MADONNA!

...im shamed to say i did catch my self singing it in the shower, luckily i can't remember the tune at the moment, *sigh of relief*

nitro.vo

HSC
callisto said:
your taste in music is as shit as townie's.

What the fuck? Who are you to say whats the right genre of music to listen to?.

I like her new song. Does that mean I have a shit taste in music? You don't even know what music I listen to.

People are allowed to listen to what they like and we don't need people like you going around telling us we have shit tastes in music becuase we show an interest in 1 artist.

illmatic

NaS
HSC
nitro.vo said:
What the fuck? Who are you to say whats the right genre of music to listen to?.

I like her new song. Does that mean I have a shit taste in music? You don't even know what music I listen to.

People are allowed to listen to what they like and we don't need people like you going around telling us we have shit tastes in music becuase we show an interest in 1 artist.

hahah

it's prob one of those ppl who thinks that because they listen to underground, or not well known music, they have better taste

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
ROFL.... You don't have to perv on her when listening to mp3s =] I quite liked Hung Up (I normally don't listen to Madonna >_> )... It's (so far) the only song I've ever bought off iTunes.

maxibon88

HSC
after all these years she still looks good come on... i dont usually listen to this genre but madonnas great.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
For her age- yeh.

I mean.. she doesn't have that "Cher" look..ie. the "Everything seems to be in order but something ain't right" look.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
the leotard scared me...
um...but she does look...ah...springly for her age
and cher looks worse.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
I have bought this album on Thursday, and I have to say that I am totally pleased with the whole album as there are better songs than Hung Up. So what if she wants to focus on dance music, Last night I was at ARQ and this was playing full blast and the reaction was so great.

The only thing i don't really like with the album is the track "Isaac", which relies heavily on Yemeni Jewish singer Yitzhak Sinwani wailing sounding much like Islamic call to prayer. It is debilitating!!!!!!

Last edited:

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
ihavenothing said:
haha, I thought I'd heared that hook before. My mum toured with ABBA, so I probably should have realised earlier......... Far out man.... stealing hooks is wrong. music piracy is a crime :p

Last edited:

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Oh god so many people are negative to her possibly coz when they will be 47 their asses and tits will be dragging around on the floor. She is a natural beauty, not like Cher, but i guess she would have needed some work, but it still looks "normal".

chris_c28

Random Member
HSC
COADF is soooo fucking great. It really has to be Madonna's best album since Like A Prayer. I'm not exactly a fan of American Life (except Hollywood). It's really been such a long time since I've actually heard an album where every song (and I mean every song) sounds just as good as the lead single.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
llamalope said:
haha, I thought I'd heared that hook before. My mum toured with ABBA, so I probably should have realised earlier......... Far out man.... stealing hooks is wrong. music piracy is a crime :p
how did your mum tour with abba?

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
chris_c28 said:
COADF is soooo fucking great. It really has to be Madonna's best album since Like A Prayer. I'm not exactly a fan of American Life (except Hollywood). It's really been such a long time since I've actually heard an album where every song (and I mean every song) sounds just as good as the lead single.
Agreed. Except Ray Of Light which is on a par with Confessions, but it had to grow on me. Music was ok, some songs were unbearable but American Life i listened in the shop and thought most of the songs were crap (except Hollywood and Love Profusion) so I couldn't be bothered buying it. Erotica and True Blue are also growing on me.

Can't wait till i see I'm Going To Tell You A Secret...

chris_c28

Random Member
HSC
ihavenothing said:
Agreed. Except Ray Of Light which is on a par with Confessions, but it had to grow on me. Music was ok, some songs were unbearable but American Life i listened in the shop and thought most of the songs were crap (except Hollywood and Love Profusion) so I couldn't be bothered buying it. Erotica and True Blue are also growing on me.

Can't wait till i see I'm Going To Tell You A Secret...
Ray of Light is great, but not every song on the album is as good. I would still rank it as one of my faves.
Hopefully, Madonna tours here next year because I can hardly wait!

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
She's a proffessional muso (cellist)... actually my whole family are(it's rather intimidating being in a family where my grandma played for the opening of the ABC, my grandpa got his L.Mus violin at 16, my mum played with everybody under the sun and my dad was the best jazz player to come out of south africa). Don't know how she got the gig, but she was in the orchestra that came along for the ride. She did the 1970's tour in Australia.

And I saw her on the all time greatest abba songs show that was hosted by dicko :rolleyes:

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
I suppose there wouldnt be many shenanigans going on backstage coz at that stage Agnetha and Björn's marriage was on the rocks at that particular time.

= Jennifer =

HSC
i like the song the first time i heard it, i was like ok, but then you keep hearing it, its pretty good but i think after a couple of weeks the song will begin to shit me

as for the film clip has anyone noticed that move she does on the box it is like she is having sex with a box or something it's so wrong. for her age she looks good in the leotard but everyone keeps doing the flashdance routine over and over it's time to stop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)