Macquarie Bank employees (1 Viewer)

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
we are still young and naive and the only reason we want to do finance is to make lots and lots of bloody money. dreams are free...

Ralph

The Don
HSC
N/A
pungpui said:
Well considering that I did my HSC in 2004 (as said in the profile), then yes, last year was my first year at uni, so yes I got the job in first year uni.
When people are looking at the world scale, look at those investment banks within Australia. Goldman Sachs JBW, JP Morgan, even Deutsche are relatively small. I guess that also reflects on Australia's 'mini' size as well. I'm sure the Packers arent anywhere near among the richest people in the world.
And btw, again im not sure why a topic named 'Macquarie Bank employees' is getting replies where people are trying to analyse Mac's size in comparison to the world.[/QUOTE

i used to work in the macquarie wrap,(fubds management in my differment yeat this year. firstly over worked secondly under paid for the amoun tof overtime. by the way jp morgan is goldman sach and goldman sach and deutsche bank are internationally huge and are just not only in australia.

i also worked at Nationals MLC funds management, Comsec, and Tricom equities sercives all in this year jumping from promotion to promotion so if you have any questions please ask.

Ralph

The Don
HSC
N/A
blackfriday said:
we are still young and naive and the only reason we want to do finance is to make lots and lots of bloody money. dreams are free...
spot on champ, finance is dead boring take it from me, exept stockbroking i did that for like 9 month this year it was ok but thats were i'm going after uni

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Ralph said:
i also worked at Nationals MLC funds management, Comsec, and Tricom equities sercives all in this year jumping from promotion to promotion so if you have any questions please ask.
how did you have time to go uni?

Ralph

The Don
HSC
N/A
tacky said:

If such boutique investment banks (e.g. Mac Bank ;) ) are so respected compared to Citigroup then why has the former World Bank president James Wolfensohn, along with his deputy, Shengman Zhang (who resigned soon after Wolfensohn left) joined Citigroup joining the likes of Stanley Fisher (former #2 of the International Monetary Fund), Robert Rubin (former US Treasury Secretary) and Gerald Ford (former president of the United States) at Citigroup.

Not only that former managers and directors of Citigroup have gone on to become presidents and treasurers of countless countries around the world.

Ummmmm......dunno maybe MB's meagre $11b market capitalisation had something to do with it losing the $25b T3 float to some other more cashed up IBs......dunnoo......

$18.5m (I suppose this is in Aussie Dollars) LOL!!!!!! what a joke!! If I was Alan Moss I would stop getting ripped off by MB and quit and join Citigroup as a junior analyst or something at Citigroup's Smith Barney brokerage division. In 2002, Sanford Weill's the then CEO of Citigroup was paid USD $785 million (the highest-paid executive in the world).

whatever

Yeah I know you are right it is pretty stupid to compare. Mac Bank would only be like the size of the accounts payable department of the retail operations of these investment banks.

mac bank is not boutique its big and don't go work there its crap

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralph

The Don
HSC
N/A
i'm a hard worker and know how to look for a job i had no help, just made relationships with job agents and got good references and learned as much as i could and now going to uni

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
pungpui said:
Well considering that I did my HSC in 2004 (as said in the profile), then yes, last year was my first year at uni, so yes I got the job in first year uni.
When people are looking at the world scale, look at those investment banks within Australia. Goldman Sachs JBW, JP Morgan, even Deutsche are relatively small. I guess that also reflects on Australia's 'mini' size as well. I'm sure the Packers arent anywhere near among the richest people in the world.
And btw, again im not sure why a topic named 'Macquarie Bank employees' is getting replies where people are trying to analyse Mac's size in comparison to the world.
oh, what do you do?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Ralph said:
i'm a hard worker and know how to look for a job i had no help, just made relationships with job agents and got good references and learned as much as i could and now going to uni
Doesn't it look really bad on your resume though that you can't maintain a stable job in one company and that you keep jumping ship at any offer? Either that or you're on some kind of scholarship/coop.

Btw I think the above post was directed at pungpui (since it was a quote) but I'm also curious (for you Ralph) as to what you study at uni/what you do for a job at the moment.

(EDIT: Forgot to close tags)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Move your conversation to "explain i-banks to me.. " and keep this on topic =p

ND

HSC
Ralph said:
i used to work in the macquarie wrap,(fubds management in my differment yeat this year. firstly over worked secondly under paid for the amoun tof overtime.
If you got your position before even starting uni, then they're not gonna give you any real work to do (you have to be a graduate to get as position as a research assistant or port. manager assistant), so you're obviously not gonna get paid well.

by the way jp morgan is goldman sach
wtf?

Ralph

The Don
HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
how did you have time to go uni?
finished my contract and now going to anu full time, i got about 90 so i might as well use it. when you get to the workforce in firms you can have temping contracts doing certian things, like i am a trained client account administrator in stockbroking, i used that in funds management at National australia banks MLC and macquarie, i was an admin assistant at comsec. these roles if you have or are lucky enough to pick up that skill go fr like 4 or so month each, then you move on. and to answer your question with my long winded answer, my final contract finishes on the 10th febuary, which is perfect for 2 days packing after them jumping right into orientation week at anu.

Ralph

The Don
HSC
N/A
ND said:
If you got your position before even starting uni, then they're not gonna give you any real work to do (you have to be a graduate to get as position as a research assistant or port. manager assistant), so you're obviously not gonna get paid well.
wtf?
thats right mate, not all jobs waiting for you after uni are high flying most people end up working in what i call a proccessing mill somewhere. i worked in that kind of place it was called the Wrap or equity operations, and funny enough alot of people working there had degrees cause there degrees were worthless cause they did shit, or because they couldn't get a job ellwere and had no expierece. i was getting $40k by august, and funnily enough half the people coming out of uni get the same! cause their expierence is novice. i have a guy for example with a computor software degree working with me now getting paid less cause not as much expierence. BOTTOM LINE ITS ALL ABOUT EXPIERENCE BUT A DEGREE CAN SOMETIMES GIVE YOU A HEAD START IF YOU DO WELL, I'M TALKING HONOURS (ALL DEGREES EXCLUDING ENGINEERING, ACTUARIAL STUDIES AND MEDICINE AND NURSING ETC)

Ralph

The Don
HSC
N/A
nd said:
if you got your position before even starting uni, then they're not gonna give you any real work to do (you have to be a graduate to get as position as a research assistant or port. Manager assistant), so you're obviously not gonna get paid well.
Wtf?
the firms are called: Goldman sachs and jp morgan, check their website.

Last edited:

MAICHI

HSC
N/A
blackfriday said:
Some people do it for the fun, because there are nothing more exciting than the CAPM.

ND

HSC
Ralph said:
ITS CALLED GOLDMAN SACHS JP MORAGAN CHECK THE WEBSITE,
WTF STICK IT WERE IT SHOULD GO
Mate i think that you're a bit confused. Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) and JP Morgan Chase (NYSE: JPM) are two completely separate companies. You are thinking of Goldman Sachs JBWere which is the result of a merger of JBWere and the Australian Goldman Sachs a few years ago.

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
Ralph said:
ITS CALLED GOLDMAN SACHS JP MORAGAN CHECK THE WEBSITE,
WTF STICK IT WERE IT SHOULD GO
Not quite, as ND pointed out there's no such thing as Goldman Sachs JP Morgan, and you can't check their website out because they don't have one!

In Australia, Goldman Sachs and JBWere merged to form Goldman Sachs JBWere. If you want the website Ralph, its http://www.gsjbwere.com/ (you might want to check it out!)

pungpui

HSC
mr_shittles said:
Not quite, as ND pointed out there's no such thing as Goldman Sachs JP Morgan, and you can't check their website out because they don't have one!

In Australia, Goldman Sachs and JBWere merged to form Goldman Sachs JBWere. If you want the website Ralph, its http://www.gsjbwere.com/ (you might want to check it out!)
LOL this is gold! I love it when people get all pissed off and psyched up at other people, only to be told that they're wrong.

AND, its great to go on holidays and come back to read all this crap, in which like 2 people have actually answered the original question. Gold!

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
hey pungpui (and any other ppl doin uni + work at an IB)

what kinda hours do u work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)