Low Stress Levels.... (1 Viewer)

mark120

HSC
Is it bad that I'm not really stressing for the HSC!!?? Its not like I'm 100% confident, I'm just sick of studying and find it easy to get distracted. I'm just not stressing that much.... :p

iBibah

HSC
You're either not stressing because you're well prepared, or because you don't care that you're not.

arimerialc

HSC
I'm the same, I think I just don't care as much as I should! But it's almost a good thing because I'd be verging on a breakdown if I made myself work as hard as I possibly could.

mark120

HSC
I guess I am someprepared for my subjects other that English :p It really is gonna slaughter my atar.... mum reckons i burned out after trials haha

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
i just don't stress before exams... except the 10 minutes before each english paper haha. if you're not stressed don't worry :) just keep working at it

Rawf

HSC
I'm definitely not prepared for anything but strangely I'm not stressing. Its so strange cause I was absolutely dying during trials, I couldn't eat or sleep. And these exams are worth more than triple my trials so.... idk what I'm doing.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm definitely not prepared for anything but strangely I'm not stressing. Its so strange cause I was absolutely dying during trials, I couldn't eat or sleep. And these exams are worth more than triple my trials so.... idk what I'm doing.
This so much. Human mind is strange. Maybe i'm in some kind of denial? Ar well it's probably better than being a stresshead, just want some adrenaline to kick in though!

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
Lucky you.
Man I hope the atar cut off for commerce at unsw drops.
My teacher said that I was beyond gone to get a atar, so i took her point, and decided to do a tafe course, then see where i go..... ether i will get a job or enter uni as a mature aged student

Gr1ff1n

HSC
Yeah OP I'm the same. Maybe the stress might start kick in tommorow night, although at the moment I'm fine. :p

Demise

HSC
I'm pretty chilled because I know where I am with studying, I've prepared extremely well and I know what I'm going to be facing. My stress has been exerted in the toilet (lolol) and I know that I can only do my best, and my best has improved from before.

teeah

HSC
honestly, not stressing is so much better than stressing; its a lot less painful lol. im currently fluctuating between the two.

Aysce

HSC
honestly, not stressing is so much better than stressing; its a lot less painful lol. im currently fluctuating between the two.
Me too. Sometimes I do work and just lean back in my chair "1 day to go", smiling. Next time I do that, I panic and throw myself into work at maximum speed.

I'm just going to try my best and see what I get - It's less stressful this way imo, since I used to aim for X mark which made me extremely stressed and apprehensive to the eventuality of not being able to attain the mark.

teeah

HSC
Me too. Sometimes I do work and just lean back in my chair "1 day to go", smiling. Next time I do that, I panic and throw myself into work at maximum speed.

I'm just going to try my best and see what I get - It's less stressful this way imo, since I used to aim for X mark which made me extremely stressed and apprehensive to the eventuality of not being able to attain the mark.
lol i know what you mean, i see we have similar goals :)

humbletaco

HSC
N/A
If you're more relaxed you'll perform better. Plus, if you enter an exam in a positive and relaxed mind set you'll go in, see the question, and start writing fluently and everything you've read and wrote over the past 2-5 weeks will come out.

Those who are stressing the fuck out right now, studying till 4am and getting up at 8am to study all do everyday and are drinking redbulls and caffeine etc are more than likely to burn out in the exam or have too much information and then they will panic and most likely hyperventilate, and spend more time calming themselves then answering the question. It's like, they have ruptured a pattern of consistent sleep and activity for 2 weeks, thus their brain is not working normally.

So, reiterating, you will perform a lot better than them - EVEN CONSIDERING YOU HAVENT STUDIED AS MUCH - because your brain is still working in a way which it has become accustomed to for 13 years of academic institutionalisation and you are positive that you know you will do well.

...but yeah, I'm not stressed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)