Love (1 Viewer)

lengstar

HSC
define love, what does it mean to you. has this view changed and if so what changed your view. i find it hard to define it at times as there is not set definition of love, more, its an interpretation. so what does it mean to you?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
My definition of love at this very point in time?

Love, something that does not exist.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
ripped of calculon: "Love is not when you wrap someone in chains, thats Houdini. Love is liking someone a lot"

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
The closest experience to love was when I knew this girl that i could not stop thinking about and whenever i say her i felt like i was going to pass out, my legs went wobbly and whenever she spoke to me i just stood there and drool. We almost went out but then i had to come back to Australia :(

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
i think love and sacrifice go hand in hand...if you love someone you would sacrifice anything for them.

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Love for me is something not really tangible, but at the same time it feels like the strongest presence. It is a bond that you create between yourself and another, in varying strengths. It is the knowledge that you depend on that other person for your quality of life.

Callistogenic

HSC
Originally posted by Persephone87
It is the knowledge that you depend on that other person for your quality of life.
Sorry, Persephone? Knowledge you depend on from the other person for your quality of life?

I do not comprehend.

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Originally posted by dreamcaster
Sorry, Persephone? Knowledge you depend on from the other person for your quality of life?

I do not comprehend.

Well, obviously one can physically survive apart from their partners. This can be seen in the legions of widowers and widows. But what are their lives like without their loved ones? Certainly not like previous to the separation. You keep mourning, even when you move on. And you make new memories with other people, but you'll never be able to make new memories with the ones you have loved and lost.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
Dictionary.com defines love as...

1) A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.
2) A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance.
3) a. Sexual passion.
b. Sexual intercourse.
c. A love affair.
4) An intense emotional attachment, as for a pet or treasured object.
5) A person who is the object of deep or intense affection or attraction; beloved. Often used as a term of endearment.
6) An expression of one's affection
7) A strong predilection or enthusiasm:

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
...to me, love is beyond all that is known and can be explained. it exists. and when it is true, nothing can stop it. each of you would do anything at all for the other, be there when they need support, know when to give then space, and know, unspokenly, that the other is thinking and needs. its definately a two way thing, that goes beyond the emotional, and even the physical...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i think for me, when you truly love someone (whether it be as a partner or whatever), you are willing to do anything for them, and place their happiness about your own

santaslayer

HSC
It's love when your heart starts racing a million km's an hour when you see the person. It's also love when you can't get the person outta your head....or you start to care for the person more then you care for yourself...

canisay_Elvis

Elvisite
HSC
N/A
It's what you and the person u love make it. If you love someone, and they dont love you back, then love is absolutely horrendous! but if you love them and they love you, it's that thing that makes you happy when you are sad, and the thing that you think about when you're bored out of your brain.
I guess, in the end, it's just another emotion :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)