Love (1 Viewer)

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ~*HSC 4 life*~
Love is not something you can wrap in chains and throw in a river, thats called Houdini. Love is liking someone a lot

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
love changes for me, at times i felt i've been in love but i highly doubt it. i guess its still one's perception as you are the person who is in the relationship.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the Ice Weasels come.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
i think love differs in every different persons context. for me its when you can't get the person out of your head. you wonder what they are doing, what they are thinking. you can spend hours on end with them and not say anything and its never and uncomfotable silence. you've learnt to communicate at a different level. you would do anything at all for them and you place their happiness above you own.

Question: Agapé (Considered the highest form of love, a love completley untainted by lust) Does this kind of love exist??

I'll post up a picture perhaps demonstrating Agapé once i've had a couple of opinions...

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by Lundy
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the Ice Weasels come.
what a beautiful metaphor, sam.

i don't like defining things :(

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I stole it from Matt Groening, but it pretty much sums up my thoughts on love.

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
Originally posted by ujuphleg
Question: Agapé (Considered the highest form of love, a love completley untainted by lust) Does this kind of love exist??

I'll post up a picture perhaps demonstrating Agapé once i've had a couple of opinions...
i think it can, but im a bit scared by the suggestion of a picture...
but like a said before...its the love that goes beyond, and that completes you i guess. im to tried to actually try n explain what im thinking so ill leave it at that

asha_ramirez

HSC
I think all of us studying King Lear would be able to relate to the phrase " I can not heave my heart into my mouth " (Cordellia)

And that is how I feel, I think that love is such a personal, deep emotional thing that to try to describe it would be doing it an injustice.

I have been in love, and it's something I can not describe, its entirely subjective so whatever I have to say on it will differ from everyone else.

Whisper it and it may disappear, scream it an it may last forever.

lengstar

HSC
thats the thing. i want to hear about other person's perceptions on love. this isn't about who has the best answer, who has the right answer. this is about your answer, your opinion on love and how you feel about it.

asha_ramirez

HSC
Originally posted by lengstar
thats the thing. i want to hear about other person's perceptions on love. this isn't about who has the best answer, who has the right answer. this is about your answer, your opinion on love and how you feel about it.
I feel ya hunny, it's a good topic. Especially because it's something that we have all experienced, or will experience.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I don't have a set definition, but generally when I can't stop thinking about that girl for awhile, all the time etc., it usually indicates love perhaps.

HSC
love will fly if held too tightly
love will die if left too lightly
lightly, tightly - how do we know
if we're holding onto love or letting it go?

taken from sum random jap movie...

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
I don't have a set definition, but generally when I can't stop thinking about that girl for awhile, all the time etc., it usually indicates love perhaps.
but i've had feelings like that for people i hardly know, i think i would be more inclined to call that lust.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by virgin^sexy
but i've had feelings like that for people i hardly know, i think i would be more inclined to call that lust.
.. I thought someone might say that, which is why I said 'for awhile'.. personally, when I lust over someone I only think about fucking them, and I usually stop thinking about it after a day or two.. but when it's 'love' I can't stop thinking about wanting to be with them (not necessarily sex or anything), and the feelings usually last alot longer. :)

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
.. I thought someone might say that, which is why I said 'for awhile'.. personally, when I lust over someone I only think about fucking them, and I usually stop thinking about it after a day or two.. but when it's 'love' I can't stop thinking about wanting to be with them (not necessarily sex or anything), and the feelings usually last alot longer. :)
but like, what about when you think how much you'd like to be with someone (not just sexually) but you hardly know the person? it can hardly be called love -unless you believe in love at first sight- but lust seems inappropriate too..

i dont think i've ever been in love but i've definitely lusted after people :)p) and that seems to be something purely physical, as you said. but then there have been times when i've met someone briefly and not been able to stop thinking about them and they haven't necessarily been that hot or anything, i just find myself attracted to them! is that still lust? or what?

so confusing :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)