• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Losing weight to get a bf/gf (1 Viewer)

HSC
SweetSeasons said:
What do you guys think about this?

Do you think it's stupid and feel that someone who only wants you for looks isn't worth it, or do you think that someone should do what ever it takes to make them feel more attractive to th eopposite sex?
If you really are hell bent on loosing weight, do it for yourself, too boost your own self confidence about yourself but also for health issues. Being overweight (looks aside) is not healthy, increases chances of several diseases including diabities (not saying you're overweight just talking in general here)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
but she is overweight... 100kg is obese.

Some simple facts are guys go for whats hot, and people who say that guys go for a good personality are kidding themselves, we want the Total Package, not some fat ass who happens to have an awesome personality or a hot girl with a vacant head[although given the options i would still prefer the hot girl]

if you have a good personality you are one step ahead, you should feel sorry for those hot girls with no personality, because attractiveness is alot easier to change than personality.

So i encourage you to lose some weight, girls know what they want in a man, and they shouldnt expect us to settle for less because if we dont we are suddenly "not worth it"

Wanting a girl you are physically attracted to isnt shallow, its normal...and i dont care how good a girls personality is, i will never date someone who weighs over 100kgs... closest she can get is friends

arrested development
HSC
Just remember that changing yourself on the outside won't change you on the inside. If you have confidence issues and you think that losing weight will eradicate them completely, then you'll likely be disappointed.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
sparkl3z said:
lol. when i say serious guy, i mean guys who dont think about sex all day....well yea guys do, but i mean serious ones don't value girls just on sex, they've passed that stage or never considered it, they just like the girl for herself, for her interests, for her history, her life basically....somebody who is looking for more than just a girlfriend change per week/month etc. if the guy is just looking to get a girlfriend to impress his friends, then obviously he will want a hot girlfriend without the excess weight, but if he is not a spastic and/or has passed that phase then he won't really care what she looks like, if he's attracted then that's it.
but you said that models aren't hot, they're "too bony", and that "serious guys" realise this and don't find them attractive.

i want to get me a "serious guy", who'll projectile vomit then spontaneously combust at the very sight of this:

Avies1

HSC
SweetSeasons said:
What do you guys think about this?

Do you think it's stupid and feel that someone who only wants you for looks isn't worth it, or do you think that someone should do what ever it takes to make them feel more attractive to th eopposite sex?
I think if looking good makes you feel more confident about yourself, and when your confident I think you are more attractive to the opposite sex.

HSC
Serius said:
but she is overweight... 100kg is obese.

Some simple facts are guys go for whats hot, and people who say that guys go for a good personality are kidding themselves, we want the Total Package, not some fat ass who happens to have an awesome personality or a hot girl with a vacant head[although given the options i would still prefer the hot girl]

if you have a good personality you are one step ahead, you should feel sorry for those hot girls with no personality, because attractiveness is alot easier to change than personality.

So i encourage you to lose some weight, girls know what they want in a man, and they shouldnt expect us to settle for less because if we dont we are suddenly "not worth it"

Wanting a girl you are physically attracted to isnt shallow, its normal...and i dont care how good a girls personality is, i will never date someone who weighs over 100kgs... closest she can get is friends
imo personality is easier to change, the bitchiest girls ive known have changed so much way nicer too me

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
AlleyCat said:
but you said that models aren't hot, they're "too bony", and that "serious guys" realise this and don't find them attractive.

i want to get me a "serious guy", who'll projectile vomit then spontaneously combust at the very sight of this:

she's dirty.

davin

HSC
N/A
AlleyCat said:

her neck, collarbone seem rather just.... unnerving

stazi

Nightman
HSC
AlleyCat said:

lol she's pretty bad :p
her body is good, but her face is just :S :S

Just Click It

HSC
Be realistic Brogan. :)

SweetSeasons, if ur interested in a vego diet, I can help you. There are over-weight vegetarians/vegans, but it is considerably harder to be one. You should consider doing some self-reflecting though... your body shouldn't be the centre of your life.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
1/2 read thread..

imo. if you feel you should lose weight to impress any guy(s), then the guy(s) you're looking for arent worth your time. if you want to lose weight for yourself, then go ahead and enjoy yourself.

and to those who say they wouldnt/couldnt (or would have some trouble) dating someone who's on the big side, i'm not trying to be an uptight bitch, but you really need to look inside yourself. my first bf was 100+kg, i liked him for him (i broke up with him for him..but the clingy, not understanding what its like being in year 12 and not having time parts of him). and to all of you girls who say that guys dont like big girls, seriously all of my brother's gf's have been big, and he's stayed with them for a fair while too..and i'm sure there's millions of guys out there who're just like him - point is, be yourself and dont give up.

and on the point of guys not liking stick thin models, i cant vouch for all guys, but my bf has told me "i dont wanna be fucking a 2x4"

Last edited:

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
loquasagacious said:
... blah blah ... anorexic ... blah blah ...
Although in common usage today, anorexic doesn't mean Anorexia Nervosa by most medical professionals, they use the term anorectic.

I know, I too am confused when I use dictionary.com and find contradictory answers.

Jiga

SweetSeasons, if ur interested in a vego diet, I can help you. There are over-weight vegetarians/vegans, but it is considerably harder to be one. You should consider doing some self-reflecting though... your body shouldn't be the centre of your life.
People who are vegeterians are idiots.... they are doing that much harm to their body its not funny - Ive had a vegetarian doctor tell me this! (He still ate meat but very rarely and heavily supplemented his diet because he knew its not good for you!). DO NOT BECOME A VEGETARIAN in an attempt to lose weight, you will be going from one unhealthy habit to another! Its about improving yourself pyhscially through HEALTHY dieting, excercise and setting reasonable goals, getting more self confidence as a result, and about becoming more healtheir (if your obese that is).

imo. if you feel you should lose weight to impress any guy(s), then the guy(s) you're looking for arent worth your time. if you want to lose weight for yourself, then go ahead and enjoy yourself.
Theres nothing wrong with doing it to impress guys, why do you think guys go to the gym to bulk up!? To impress the girls. Its raises your confidence which will do you no harm in life in general.

. If you have confidence issues and you think that losing weight will eradicate them completely, then you'll likely be disappointed.
While you did clarify 'completely', it does help alot.... my brother lost 20kgs a while back and it totally converted him!

and to those who say they wouldnt/couldnt (or would have some trouble) dating someone who's on the big side, i'm not trying to be an uptight bitch, but you really need to look inside yourself. my first bf was 100+kg, i liked him for him (i broke up with him for him..but the clingy, not understanding what its like being in year 12 and not having time parts of him). and to all of you girls who say that guys dont like big girls, seriously all of my brother's gf's have been big, and he's stayed with them for a fair while too..and i'm sure there's millions of guys out there who're just like him - point is, be yourself and dont give up.
While I do agree that some people sound very shallow... there are limits, for me at least. At the end of the day, people have to ask themselves.... if someone doesnt love themself then how can they expect someone else to love em!

Full of shit. I wont deny guys want someone who is reasonably attractive, but they dont have to be 'hot' or else! Very shallow.

Jiga

Well, firstly, you're a moron. And secondly, if your doctor still eats any form of animal flesh, he's not a vegetarian.

Thirdly, most reputable medical associations say that a balanced vegetarian diet is perfectly healthy, and indeed is much more healthy than an omnivorous diet.

In conclusion, STFU until you grow a brain.

To the OP - A vegetarian diet is a good way to lose weight (trust me on this) but don't do it unless you want to. You can be healthy and omnivorous (it's not for me for a variety of reasons) - you just have to be sensible in what you eat (though this goes for a veggie/vegan diet too). Good luck.
Struck a nerve? Well it would, your one of the idiots.

You dont become a vegetarian to lose weight, this is a ridiculous proposition, go to a doctor if your obese, and you will get help.... and I can assure you they will not suggest to become a vegetarian! Its about reducing energy in, increasing energy out - thats the basis for weight loss, not neglecting your body which requires meat to function properly.

indeed is much more healthy than an omnivorous diet.
Your a joke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)