Losing weight to get a bf/gf (1 Viewer)

SweetSeasons

HSC
What do you guys think about this?

Do you think it's stupid and feel that someone who only wants you for looks isn't worth it, or do you think that someone should do what ever it takes to make them feel more attractive to th eopposite sex?

SweetSeasons

HSC
lol.

I'm like 100kg n like 5'9 which is fat, lol, I'm not massivley gross but yeah any ways.. i'm gonna be honest I've recently lost 10kg and am hoping to lose 30 more in hopes of getting my old bf back... not that it will work, but it's worth the try... and if it doesn't then maybe i'll find someone new cause i wont be so fat...

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
i think thats kind of odd. i mean if someone's going to like you, they should like you for who you are blah blah blah.

my boyfriend wants me to STOP losing weight. in fact there are a lot of guys who don't really mind your weight. unless you're morbidly obese maybe?

plus most of the people i know lose weight for themselves.

SweetSeasons

HSC
Yeah.. lol.. it's kind of for my self haha, cause the only thing missing in my life is a bf that loves me n a bf for me 2 love, other wise everything is really great and I'm really happy with the way life is.

HSC
N/A
SweetSeasons said:
Yeah.. lol.. it's kind of for my self haha, cause the only thing missing in my life is a bf that loves me n a bf for me 2 love, other wise everything is really great and I'm really happy with the way life is.
If it's for yourself, then it's ok.

But if you're happy the way you are but a guy is turned off because you don't fit his ideal girlfriend physical mould, then just don't bother with him. :)

SweetSeasons

HSC
Yeah I know... I think I dunno it'll be a confidance thing for me, like don't get me wrong i'm pretty confidant, just I wanna be able to wear sexy clothes and dance to sexy music u know :p things that lead to meeting a fella I dunno......
Being fat licks balls when ur tryn 2 find a man..

lala2

Banned
HSC
I think that a true bf/gf will accept their partner's weight whatever it is, unless of course they are morbidly obese (and Biggest Loser-style would not be a bad place to start losing weight with either). Otherwise, just a little bit on the plump side is ok. And of course, HSC'ers who eat when stressed--they are obviously gonna be just that bit rounder by the end of the HSC and some bf/gf they are to dump their partner at the end just because they got fatter.

SweetSeasons

HSC
lol.. no i didn't get dumped cause i'm fat haha, just i'm a mental case who thinks if he see's me looking all hot he'll want me back

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
SweetSeasons said:
What do you guys think about this?

Do you think it's stupid and feel that someone who only wants you for looks isn't worth it, or do you think that someone should do what ever it takes to make them feel more attractive to th eopposite sex?
Brogan, is that you? Yes, you do need to lose weight.

FOCUS: I feel that someone who only wants me for my looks is exactly what I deserve. Moreover, it's instinct to hunt for the best partner to mate with, so making yourself look better is instinctual. It defines us as humans to be competitive, and looks is just another game we play.

Also, although not the best indicator [actually doing a body fat test etc. is exact], your BMI is 32.6. Obesity is defined as a BMI of 30 or greater.
glitterfairy said:
But if you're happy the way you are but a guy is turned off ...
Hitler was happy with the way he was. But I doubt the rest of us think so. Being happy isn't the most important thing, it's being healthy.

Last edited:

Pace_T

HSC
i always thought to myself that if i want a chick with a nice body i have to have one as well

Number7

HSC
I'm sick of all the social stigma about calling someone fat - if you're FAT (and have an appropriate idea of what being "fat", "skinny" and "normal" is to avoid anorexia and other weight-related mental conditions), people will most likely have a lesser attraction to you...even if they themselves are fat.

so lose the weight and get into a normal weight range! It's ok to have a bit of fat on your tummy/bumb/face/legs cause any less is "skinny" which isn't nice at all to most.

Most important thing is not to become anorexic or do some crash diet etc. Do it safely and research it well etc.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
lala2 said:
I think that a true bf/gf will accept their partner's weight whatever it is, unless of course they are morbidly obese (and Biggest Loser-style would not be a bad place to start losing weight with either). Otherwise, just a little bit on the plump side is ok. And of course, HSC'ers who eat when stressed--they are obviously gonna be just that bit rounder by the end of the HSC and some bf/gf they are to dump their partner at the end just because they got fatter.
But then again, if their s/o was morbidly obese {Big Loser style lols} then what? I agree with the first bit until the comma {however cliched it is}.

What I think is more important is what glitterfairy said earlier - but I'll paraphrase because I cbf using the quotetags - learn to appreciate yourself first, and then change/stay constant based on your own/personal standards.
Any guy that treats you badly based on aesthetics isn't worth a cheeseburger.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
KeypadSDM said:
Brogan, is that you? Yes, you do need to lose weight.

FOCUS: I feel that someone who only wants me for my looks is exactly what I deserve. Moreover, it's instinct to hunt for the best partner to mate with, so making yourself look better is instinctual. It defines us as humans to be competitive, and looks is just another game we play.

Also, although not the best indicator [actually doing a body fat test etc. is exact], your BMI is 32.6. Obesity is defined as a BMI of 30 or greater.Hitler was happy with the way he was. But I doubt the rest of us think so. Being happy isn't the most important thing, it's being healthy.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Weight significantly forms looks (body), and I don't think it's too controversial to state that looks matter... ALOT.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
If people are obese, i think they should put the effort in to lose weight, but not to impress anybody else, i think that's a bit stupid. if you want to look at yourself and feel better when you do, and are wanting to be within a healthy range, then i think that is good, but some girls are really stupid and want to be model thin. i mean, what's the point? serious guys think models look ugly anyway - they have no meat.....if you want a boyfriend/girlfriend that you want to keep forefever etc and they/you want to be in a serious loving n lasting relationship weight should not be an issue, they should like you for what you already are, if they don't then they shouldn't be with you in the first place. the thing is, you are going to grow old and possibly gain more weight, the human body is ever changing, you're not going to look like what you do now, 50 years later, nor is your partner, so i don't see why people should bother, health is the only thing that should be cared about, other reasons are just in fairytale world.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
sparkl3z said:
If people are obese, i think they should put the effort in to lose weight, but not to impress anybody else, i think that's a bit stupid. if you want to look at yourself and feel better when you do, and are wanting to be within a healthy range, then i think that is good, but some girls are really stupid and want to be model thin. i mean, what's the point? serious guys think models look ugly anyway - they have no meat.....if you want a boyfriend/girlfriend that you want to keep forefever etc and they/you want to be in a serious loving n lasting relationship weight should not be an issue, they should like you for what you already are, if they don't then they shouldn't be with you in the first place. the thing is, you are going to grow old and possibly gain more weight, the human body is ever changing, you're not going to look like what you do now, 50 years later, nor is your partner, so i don't see why people should bother, health is the only thing that should be cared about, other reasons are just in fairytale world.
hahahaha, who exactly are these "serious guys"?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I haven't read the thread, but I'm going to take the half way point between shallow prick and what the first few replies say. I won't date a girl based purely on her looks, but often when I meet her she'll get classified into dateable/non-dateable on a range of things, physical appearance being one of them. Sure there's a chance I would still date someone who was unattractive physically, but they'd be fighting a very uphill battle to get my attention because a guy can only focus on so many dating prospects at once, and as such will tend to ignore those who give a bad first impression because they are less likely to offer what he needs than those who give a good first impression.

Bottom line is that looks are still a factor in any relationship, but more importantly changing yourself to get your ex back is not usually the best idea because you will fail 90% of the time and end up incredibly disappointed.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
lol. when i say serious guy, i mean guys who dont think about sex all day....well yea guys do, but i mean serious ones don't value girls just on sex, they've passed that stage or never considered it, they just like the girl for herself, for her interests, for her history, her life basically....somebody who is looking for more than just a girlfriend change per week/month etc. if the guy is just looking to get a girlfriend to impress his friends, then obviously he will want a hot girlfriend without the excess weight, but if he is not a spastic and/or has passed that phase then he won't really care what she looks like, if he's attracted then that's it.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
sparkl3z said:
lol. when i say serious guy, i mean guys who dont think about sex all day....well yea guys do, but i mean serious ones don't value girls just on sex, they've passed that stage or never considered it, they just like the girl for herself, for her interests, for her history, her life basically....somebody who is looking for more than just a girlfriend change per week/month etc. if the guy is just looking to get a girlfriend to impress his friends, then obviously he will want a hot girlfriend without the excess weight, but if he is not a spastic and/or has passed that phase then he won't really care what she looks like, if he's attracted then that's it.
so guys who are after long term girlfriends and take personality into account all think that models are ugly

you're an idiot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)