• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Looks like Im getting kicked out of Extension (1 Viewer)

Twickel

HSC
So, I got 32/60 in 2u maths avg was like 45/60.
My First Ext exam I got 13/30(AVG mark), I dont know about the second one, all I know about the second one is that I had a chest infection a week before the exam and missed out on curve sketching, so I did not do well.

DAMN, I almost cried, this is so depressing. But I cant pick up any other subjects, what now?

I spoke to the math co-ordinator she said she has to see my marks first, I already told her but.................

So yeah someone else got 55% in 2u I got 53%, but in the first ext1 exam I got 13/30(avg) he got 4/30, someone else got 11/13 in first ext, 56% in 2u.

Guys and Girls, today I cried for the first time since awhile.

Whats not fair is last year my friend in year 12 at the moment said some people weere getting 1s in EXT but they could still do it.

jazzbaby

HSC
Do you think you will be able to improve your marks? if yes then get ur parents to complain..thats what i would do anyway lol

good luck with it

x

Twickel

HSC
Yeah, as I said, I has a chest infection so I felt ill during and before the exams.

MTP

HSC
if you think you are having ANY trouble, then DROP immediatley. I dropped to general (From 2unit) earlier this year, general is easy as hell, and i regret not dropping earlier tbh.

bored of sc

HSC
Are you sure they are actually allowed to kick you out?

Twickel

HSC
THATS WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND.
WHAT SUBJECT AM I GOING TO PICK UP HALF WAY THROUGHT THE PRELIM COURSE

I am so STUFFED, its not fair last year everyone stuffed up and they still got to do extension.

At the end of the year though I will drop extension. Not like I did that bad in the first exam, I was avg mark.

raven2000

HSC
first of all, what are your subjects- and your units.
Secondly, are you getting kicked out of advanced maths or JUST extension.

Twickel

HSC
Just Extension.

12 units all together, im doing the 3 sciences 1 SOR, eng and 3 Maths.

WannaBang?

HSC
jazzbaby said:
Do you think you will be able to improve your marks? if yes then get ur parents to complain..thats what i would do anyway lol

good luck with it

x
LOL! Getting your parents to complain works a charm!

WannaBang?

HSC
Twickel said:
So, I am doing 12units how can they make me drop?
They can't force you to drop, it's completely up to you. I'm currently doing 2 unit maths, but I am sitting in the 3 unit class because my subjects clash, and I can tell you, there are some really dumb people in my class. For example, there is this one girl who gets like 20% and the entire class + the teacher is begging her to drop down because she is pulling down the average, but she refuse to because her parents won't let her. Anyway, tell your school to fuck off and that you are staying. They'll try to make you believe that they CAN in fact kick you out, but the truth of the matter is, they can't. Hope I helped. Just stick with it and stay in the class if you think you can.

I dropped down from 3 unit because I was averaging 20% in year 11, and right now I'm loving the 2 unit course!

Twickel

HSC
Ok, I will say, I know I can improve and all that stuff, and if you teachers are not happy by how I performed in Prelim course I will happily drop Extension in year 12.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
They can't force you to drop it. They can only 'strongly encourage' you to.

But, you're not bombing it, so I don't see why they would encourage you to, either.

HSC
I did 3 unit maths for the HSC last year, and like you wasn't doing too well. They can't kick you out of it. They can recommend that you drop it but they can't force you.
Honestly, I say stick with it.
You will understand it more as the course goes on - it may not seem like it, but you will. And doing 3 unit, I found, as I believe most do, helps you with 2 unit Advanced.

Twickel

HSC
This was the first time I was ever below avg in maths . 2u DAMN in 3u the first test I got the avg mark. SO PLEASE SCHOOL LET ME STAY.

The whole prbo was because im not doing well in 2u.

Twickel

HSC
All my teacher said was " gonna be changes". So scared/nervous/stressed/depressed.

Twickel

HSC
Can you believe it I MEAN, I know this is not great but I got avg in EXT 1, some people got 4/30 HOW RIDICULOUS AND THEY WANT TO KICK ME OUT< I CANT BELIEVE IT. OMG IS TUFFED UP AN EXAM< FIRST TIOME EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES BLOODY HELL, TONS OF PEOPLE HAVE FAILED YET IM THE ONLY ONE GOING TO GET KICKED ( few others aswell) BUT THOSE OTHERS DID CRAP IN THE FIRST EXT EXAM.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Twickel said:
So, I got 32/60 in 2u maths avg was like 45/60.
My First Ext exam I got 13/30(AVG mark), I dont know about the second one, all I know about the second one is that I had a chest infection a week before the exam and missed out on curve sketching, so I did not do well.

DAMN, I almost cried, this is so depressing. But I cant pick up any other subjects, what now?

I spoke to the math co-ordinator she said she has to see my marks first, I already told her but.................

So yeah someone else got 55% in 2u I got 53%, but in the first ext1 exam I got 13/30(avg) he got 4/30, someone else got 11/13 in first ext, 56% in 2u.

Guys and Girls, today I cried for the first time since awhile.

Whats not fair is last year my friend in year 12 at the moment said some people weere getting 1s in EXT but they could still do it.
With those results (given that you got below average), you will suffer quite greatly in your HSC year when it comes to Mathematics & Mathematics Extension 1. If teachers see you as incompetent students, they are probably right. I have got no right to say you are incompetent. But if teachers said that, they are probably right. However, if you can improve your marks with a bit of effort, there is no reason why you should drop. Persuade your teachers.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I think they can kick you out if you go to a private school but I am not entirely sure.

JSchaefer

HSC
kaz1 said:
I think they can kick you out if you go to a private school but I am not entirely sure.
I go to a private school, but the teachers do not make you leave extension/they can advise you...like people gettin 9/60 in my class, not good. And only 60% in 2u exam, they r the ppl they "advise to drop extension"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)