Laptops (1 Viewer)

hatty

Banned
yes on that point Winston made, a Centrino increases battery usage so you can use ur laptop for much longer.

psycho_mushy

HSC
Originally posted by hatty
yes on that point Winston made, a Centrino increases battery usage so you can use ur laptop for much longer.
taht's what I said earlier...

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
On a side note its probably advisable to get a USB mouse, it makes things easier to use, but really only suitable when you are running off mains power.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Xayma
On a side note its probably advisable to get a USB mouse, it makes things easier to use, but really only suitable when you are running off mains power.

I like the mini Notebook designed Mouse Microsoft has release it's very small and good for laptops.

Huss

HSC
N/A
umm..just wanna say...y spend soo much money on a powerful laptop if ur not gonna use the power?

i mean the processes u wanna do on that laptop can be done on a p3 500mhz laptop with microsoft office. more than enough for ur internet/word document needs

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Huss
umm..just wanna say...y spend soo much money on a powerful laptop if ur not gonna use the power?

i mean the processes u wanna do on that laptop can be done on a p3 500mhz laptop with microsoft office. more than enough for ur internet/word document needs

True that's why i stated anything that starts from 1.7 Ghz would be sufficient, you wouldn't really wanna go any lower, think of it this way, my logic to purchasing any new technological equipment is to get the best and latest if i'm planning to purchase something i purchase the best deal and price worthy for me, it's a sustainability issue for me, i like to have a PC where in a years later it's still rendered good. My PC is still good right now and i've had it for like 2 and 1/2 years now because back then i got the latest parts available.

Numero Uno

HSC
these centrino i hear are pretty expensive
And as Huss sed why get more then enought power .

im currently using a damn 6 year(well in 2 days) old pentium 3 400 mhz
damn cant do anything
but i only use to to browse the web and chat.
so it's a decent computer to suit my needs :D

psycho_mushy

HSC
nono...

centrino is only a bit more by like a couple of hundred and they kick ass hard.....

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
Yeah, your face Robert, how is Windows XP Home stupid? I don't think you know the difference, which is simply some minor additional networking features which i'm pretty sure she wouldn't use at all.
a) you idiot, of course I know the difference. If she wants to effectively network at home then those features may become really useful. I didn't say it's worthless, I just said it's stupid. Microsoft shouldn't have bothered releasing two seperate versions when there only a handful of difference between them.

b) set a good example, don't quote whole posts if the relevant bit is very small. n00bmod :p
Originally posted by Winston
sure how on earth u afford a laptop!!
You MEAN "How on Earth can you afford Riverview?"

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
a) you idiot, of course I know the difference. If she wants to effectively network at home then those features may become really useful. I didn't say it's worthless, I just said it's stupid. Microsoft shouldn't have bothered releasing two seperate versions when there only a handful of difference between them.

b) set a good example, don't quote whole posts if the relevant bit is very small. n00bmod :pYou MEAN "How on Earth can you afford Riverview?"

I think you still don't know the difference in Home and Pro
You can still network in Home!!! But you can't have DOMAIN login for Pro, and which i'm so sure she won't use, using normal WORKGROUP Networking should suffice...

Huss

HSC
N/A
hahaha thats coz ur bro just bought one :D:D

those things are crazy. I want one dammit!!!

MoNNiE

HSC
tablet PC's are awesome -- the future of computers!..arn't they abit expensive!!

Ash, if you buy the SMH on saturdays look in the icon section, i find it very helpful when looking for computers, laptops..but it is sort of limited..
i don't like dell that much..but i guess from the specifications of the model you said.. it's pretty worth it..

tempco

HSC
Originally posted by Huss
hahaha thats coz ur bro just bought one :D:D

those things are crazy. I want one dammit!!!
nyahahaha! and I get to play with it aaaalll day :D

Huy

HSC
N/A
I was playing with a Fujitsu Tablet PC yesterday, while I was in Chatswood (first time in Chatswood). I went to the Apple Centre there, as well as the Apple Centre in the QVB.

Great machines, great laptops.

-thinks about the G5, maxed out specifications, on a 23" Cinema LCD Apple Display-

The Apple Store in the city (NextByte) rules. They let me hang around for a few hours and I played with the 12" iBook, 15" and 17" PowerBook. (All you have to do is ask for it, they'll bring some out and turn it on for you to play with). Love the service, :)

psycho_mushy

HSC
why do u want a mac when uni's more or less have like 80-90% filled with windows?

she'll probably want windows anyway if she's been using it most of the time

braindead

HSC
ive got the dell inspiron 1100, i just got it b4 i went on a holiday overseas, it was a killa to carry around all the time, but i would have died of boredom without it on 6 hr car trips, i copied quite a few dvds. anyway its not that bad, but just very heavy
bought it online - $2000 it was on special then

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
What are tablet PCs exactly? How much r they?
In a nutshell,

It's a laptop, with a screen that "swivels" around, so you can actually "write" on the surface of your LCD screen (which has, when spun around, and closed, then becomes the writing surface).

You've got your normal laptop, with the cover and screen "underneath" the cover.

This time, with a Tablet PC, you have your laptop screen, but you open it up (normally), then "spin" it around, so that when you close it, the screen is "on top" (with the cover inside).

You can write on it, take notes, etc.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/tabletpc/evaluation/tours/default.asp#

I hope that will give you some indication, of what I'm talking about.

They are expensive, a few thousand, probably even $4000-6000, depending on your taste/needs. Much more expensive than a standard laptop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)