John Laws' Opinion on Asian Drivers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

esstown

HSC
Racist old fool in my opinion. I'm not saying he is wrong or right, sure he can have his views, but you don't go badgering on humiliating someone like that.

Attacking an entire ethnic group and labelling them the way he did. It's not on and not needed in modern times.

Hopefully people like John Law will overcome their arrogance. Although i say that without any expectations.

eternalsoul6

Chronic Crammer (><)
HSC
there was this one time when i was with my dad who was driving and it was a 50 zone and another car that was behind us came speeding in a ford and started beeping, then when my dad had mad a turn the person sped and over took us from the right lane, to avoid an incident my dad slowed down and let her pass...

guess what she was a female non-asian Australian driver, you dont see me walking around trying to generalise that all non asian australian drivers are bad drivers, sure the the statistics may prove otherwise but clearly this is just pointing out asians from the rest of the crowd.
Whoever that doesnt have a brain that is going to read or hear about asians being the worst drivers are going to subconsciously think it and will find reasons to point them out, this issue is just inciting people to think against asians.
Like said before by someone theres no bad DNA that people have for not being able to drive well....

you knoe what im not even asian, i personally think this John Law's guy is just a F***** A** M*********

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I was so pissed off yesterday some stupid driver parked in the exit ramp of a multi-story underground car park and i had to drive back up the friggen entrance ramps, made me look like a f'*n bad azn driver.

But some white P-plater almost made me have an accident he cut me off as he turned across a 2 lane highway and i braked heavily in the rain and swerved missied him by half a friggen meter.

I've also had my car scratched by some asian who was driving a merc (a marc!!! can u believe that, rich cu*t) and they just F'in drove off.

Not all azn drivers are bad, i've never had an accident. But i've got to say alot of azn drivers are careless with driving and sh*t drivers since they were taught that way... well many learnt how to drive themselves and that aswell.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
lol i find this funny- know one can never express an opinion these days without the whole racist bullshit coming into. Racism-

"hatred or intolerance of another race or other races. "

Theres no hatred in this comment. He simply made an observation that Asians are shit drivers. Id personally make the observation that in general older people are as well- considering ive nearly had 3 older people run red lights and hit me.

Also id say the most dangerous are males from 18-25 especially those "fully sick" ones whose main interest is speeding/dragging.

These are simply observations.

zeam

HSC
N/A
its not racist to state a fact, asians cant drive for shit.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Again, as several people have said earlier, it's not the skill, it's the etiquette. In Asia, you just drive for yourself--you don't care about anyone else because that's the only way you'll get anywhere.

And, she's from CHINA. Mainland Chinese outside of the major cities (and perhaps even some in the cities too) hardly have any opportunity to drive so when they come here they go woohoo and try and be daring. I know because a friend says her husband is such a daredevil with the wheel (talking here lifting BOTH HANDS off the wheel for a number of seconds!) because in China they had no opportunity to drive.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Clearly everyone is having trouble with following what I asked them when it comes to this thread, (especially in the last few posts) so I'll close it.

A lot of you have missed the point entirely. It's not that he's the first person to say asians are horrible drivers on air, let alone the first one to be open on that view. Whether or not its a racist statement is irrelevant. It was how he treated her. How many of you actually listened to the audio link I provided you with and made a judgement based on that, rather than going "i agree, asians are shit at driving"? There have been hundreds of threads discussing asians and their driving, or who the worst kind of driver is. We don't need one more.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)