I've failed Year 12 so far and am not confident in my HSC (1 Viewer)

howcanibesmarter

HSC
I don’t know how it’s possible to manage 3 percent in any exam. But it entirely depends on how the worst students in your class go in the final exam. If they do better than the states average or as good and you do well in the final exams you could feasibly get an 80 although it’s not likely.
dont worry bottom mark for our maths adv was 9% when median was 89%, mx1 lowest was 9% (again) when median was 70s

carrotsss

HSC
God bless you Aulinia!

I had aspirations to study commerce or economics at USYD or UNSW but given my current predicament, this won't be feasible with my ATAR marks alone. I am not interested in accumulating debt to finance my ventures into these fields at some shitty University like Western Sydney.
honestly don’t fall for the elitism, universities other than unsw/usyd are perfectly fine and unless you’re going for something like law, the uni you go to really doesn’t matter, it’s about the internships etc that you do

sheppy123

HSC
honestly don’t fall for the elitism, universities other than unsw/usyd are perfectly fine and unless you’re going for something like law, the uni you go to really doesn’t matter, it’s about the internships etc that you do
you definitely should fall for the elitism lol, it'll set you up and give you way more opportunities

Tribunal

HSC
I've finally received the last of my marks back from the trials and I have scored below 50% on 3 of my 6 subjects (that is: Mathematics Advanced (3%), Legal Studies (averaged at around 13%) and Software Design and Development (around 30%)) and barely passed the threshold for the other 3 (English, Business Studies and Economics). The reason for this subpar academic performance was that I did not study for my trials and mostly just winged all my tests after coming back from a 2-week Holiday. As a result, I had fallen ill and missed out on the first week of the trials and had the majority of my marks averaged on the basis of my prior assessments.

I am completely and utterly demoralised and ashamed, I have brought nothing but misery and agony to my parents who I have never failed to disappoint. I have plunged so low that they do not have the confidence in me to sit at the HSC and endlessly discuss whether or not I should remain in school or not.

Is there any hope of me doing well on my final HSC exam and scoring at least an 80?
You are closer to a mystery than an 80, but it doesn't matter cause you can get into the field you want with enough hard work. Also, your parents should sort of understand your marks since you were on holiday.

Xyzpt

HSC
I've finally received the last of my marks back from the trials and I have scored below 50% on 3 of my 6 subjects (that is: Mathematics Advanced (3%), Legal Studies (averaged at around 13%) and Software Design and Development (around 30%)) and barely passed the threshold for the other 3 (English, Business Studies and Economics). The reason for this subpar academic performance was that I did not study for my trials and mostly just winged all my tests after coming back from a 2-week Holiday. As a result, I had fallen ill and missed out on the first week of the trials and had the majority of my marks averaged on the basis of my prior assessments.

I am completely and utterly demoralised and ashamed, I have brought nothing but misery and agony to my parents who I have never failed to disappoint. I have plunged so low that they do not have the confidence in me to sit at the HSC and endlessly discuss whether or not I should remain in school or not.

Is there any hope of me doing well on my final HSC exam and scoring at least an 80?

Keep working hard and don't lose hope. I'm sure good things will happen. 😊
Trials is only 15% of your overall HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)