I've failed Year 12 so far and am not confident in my HSC (1 Viewer)

tsilipus

HSC
Well look at it this way you can only improve for hsc. I'm sorry you had such a tough exam period but its in the past now and the only thing you can control is your external marks so focus 100% on that. GL 🙏

for what its worth i believe that if youre able to get decent scores in your assessments you can definitely at least replicate that in hsc if not improve to higher bands with study.
Thank you for your optimism, but I have for the most part bombed a lot of my previous assessments either because I didn't care or was too indolent to actually put in 100% of my effort.

Suffice to say, I have done okay in Business and English

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
My school is situated in the armpit of Sydney, its sitting in the 300s range.
ok, honestly it is very unlikely you can get 80. however, lets say you are on track for a 40 atar, with some good hsc exam marks, you can definitely get that up to close to 70 quite easily. dont give up this close to the exams, you dont want to have any regrets. you should be able to get into some uni courses with such an atar, and then you can transfer later on if you desire.

tsilipus

HSC
ok, honestly it is very unlikely you can get 80. however, lets say you are on track for a 40 atar, with some good hsc exam marks, you can definitely get that up to close to 70 quite easily. dont give up this close to the exams, you dont want to have any regrets. you should be able to get into some uni courses with such an atar, and then you can transfer later on if you desire.
My dream was to go to USYD or UNSW, looks like they'll remain as fantasies.

aulinia

HSC
My dream was to go to USYD or UNSW, looks like they'll remain as fantasies.
What do you want to study? I know this seems fat fetched considering your current situation, but honestly don’t give up hope - you still have 50% of your mark to account for, and that won’t mean getting a Band 6, but for the next month try your hardest in studying; don’t worry about having an ATAR goal in mind, just put your head down and try to improve, even if the mark wouldn’t be perceived as a successful one in terms of other people’s opinions. If you didn’t go for early entry, you can still go to a University then transfer into your course/uni - of course, this comes with hard work if you’re willing to put it in. If there is something you’re truly passionate about, you will find a way to achieve it. Delay is not denial. Good luck for the rest of your HSC journey, I truly do wish you the best :)

SASH_06_X

HSC
I've finally received the last of my marks back from the trials and I have scored below 50% on 3 of my 6 subjects (that is: Mathematics Advanced (3%), Legal Studies (averaged at around 13%) and Software Design and Development (around 30%)) and barely passed the threshold for the other 3 (English, Business Studies and Economics). The reason for this subpar academic performance was that I did not study for my trials and mostly just winged all my tests after coming back from a 2-week Holiday. As a result, I had fallen ill and missed out on the first week of the trials and had the majority of my marks averaged on the basis of my prior assessments.

I am completely and utterly demoralised and ashamed, I have brought nothing but misery and agony to my parents who I have never failed to disappoint. I have plunged so low that they do not have the confidence in me to sit at the HSC and endlessly discuss whether or not I should remain in school or not.

Is there any hope of me doing well on my final HSC exam and scoring at least an 80?
[/QUOTE]
I understand you're feeling really down and depressed now. I was(and still am) much in the same boat as you(though I didnt' get 3% even in Maths, my worst subject) where my average score is always around 40%(45%) at the highest. And I do Standard. Every time, it is a kick in the teeth when I see my exam paper after slaving away to prepare for the exams to only always recieve below-par marks. I get it. I feel you completely. Plus that, my other subs internals too aren't the best(range around 50%-60%) at the highest, and 30% at the lowest. But every time although it was a pain to bounce back, I did. I also want to get around 80-90 in the HSC but my internals are substandard.

My only advice to you now is, don't give up. It is normal to feel extremely "devestated" now as you put it, and take your time to work through your feelings before you do anything else. You've mentioned that "you've never failed to disappoint your parents" previously, which I am guessing means that you were a high performer previously. That itself means you have it in you to do better in the HSC, which, remember, counts toward 50% of your mark. While your Trials make up a significant portion of your internals, ur other internals + HSC will count greater. Ofc, your school rankings and your peers 's ranking will also influence yours, but overall, I think if you put in a lot of effort and manage to score Band 6 in your subs in the HSC, you can achieve around 70-80. Good luck and I hope this helps! :)

tsilipus

HSC
What do you want to study? I know this seems fat fetched considering your current situation, but honestly don’t give up hope - you still have 50% of your mark to account for, and that won’t mean getting a Band 6, but for the next month try your hardest in studying; don’t worry about having an ATAR goal in mind, just put your head down and try to improve, even if the mark wouldn’t be perceived as a successful one in terms of other people’s opinions. If you didn’t go for early entry, you can still go to a University then transfer into your course/uni - of course, this comes with hard work if you’re willing to put it in. If there is something you’re truly passionate about, you will find a way to achieve it. Delay is not denial. Good luck for the rest of your HSC journey, I truly do wish you the best :)
God bless you Aulinia!

I had aspirations to study commerce or economics at USYD or UNSW but given my current predicament, this won't be feasible with my ATAR marks alone. I am not interested in accumulating debt to finance my ventures into these fields at some shitty University like Western Sydney.

tsilipus

HSC
I understand you're feeling really down and depressed now. I was(and still am) much in the same boat as you(though I didnt' get 3% even in Maths, my worst subject) where my average score is always around 40%(45%) at the highest. And I do Standard. Every time, it is a kick in the teeth when I see my exam paper after slaving away to prepare for the exams to only always recieve below-par marks. I get it. I feel you completely. Plus that, my other subs internals too aren't the best(range around 50%-60%) at the highest, and 30% at the lowest. But every time although it was a pain to bounce back, I did. I also want to get around 80-90 in the HSC but my internals are substandard.

My only advice to you now is, don't give up. It is normal to feel extremely "devestated" now as you put it, and take your time to work through your feelings before you do anything else. You've mentioned that "you've never failed to disappoint your parents" previously, which I am guessing means that you were a high performer previously. That itself means you have it in you to do better in the HSC, which, remember, counts toward 50% of your mark. While your Trials make up a significant portion of your internals, ur other internals + HSC will count greater. Ofc, your school rankings and your peers 's ranking will also influence yours, but overall, I think if you put in a lot of effort and manage to score Band 6 in your subs in the HSC, you can achieve around 70-80. Good luck and I hope this helps! :)
[/QUOTE]
God bless you Sash, you've rekindled my will to try.

raspberriesandpears

HSC
Well as an initial reminder - based on your subjects I believe that Maths Advanced doesn't have to count towards your ATAR. So your low marks there don't have to count. I would also encourage you to look at raw vs moderated marks here: https://rawmarks.info/mathematics/mathematics-advanced/ - you can see that in recent years, a raw mark of 8 in the HSC moderates to 40, whereas a 40 moderates to a 70. Whilst those might not be your exact goals, they're certainly far better than 3% and 40%, respectively.

I also totally believe you can improve for the HSC. I accelerated Maths Advanced last year and my trial mark was 53% which, whilst I appreciate is not as low as yours, was very demoralising. I managed to achieve a moderated mark of 95 in the HSC exam—overall, as you can see in my signature, I got a 91.

An 80 may seem somewhat out of reach at the moment, but remember that 50% of your marks are still to be determined + your raw trial marks haven't yet been moderated. It's not as bad as it looks. Finally, even if you don't get into your course, there are always pathways (as I'm told every day as someone wanting to make law).

Good luck!

SASH_06_X

HSC
Doubt any credible University would let me through with this 💩
if ur y11 results r up to scratch, i think that is the requirement for early entry. they don't look at ur y12 results. You can get into the following Unis using Early Entry: Macquarie, UTS, UOW, WSU and ACU.

SASH_06_X

HSC
if ur y11 results r up to scratch, i think that is the requirement for early entry. they don't look at ur y12 results. You can get into the following Unis using Early Entry: Macquarie, UTS, UOW, WSU and ACU.
but idk if there is some sort of deadline for applying for early entry tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)