I've failed Year 12 so far and am not confident in my HSC (1 Viewer)

tsilipus

HSC
I've finally received the last of my marks back from the trials and I have scored below 50% on 3 of my 6 subjects (that is: Mathematics Advanced (3%), Legal Studies (averaged at around 13%) and Software Design and Development (around 30%)) and barely passed the threshold for the other 3 (English, Business Studies and Economics). The reason for this subpar academic performance was that I did not study for my trials and mostly just winged all my tests after coming back from a 2-week Holiday. As a result, I had fallen ill and missed out on the first week of the trials and had the majority of my marks averaged on the basis of my prior assessments.

I am completely and utterly demoralised and ashamed, I have brought nothing but misery and agony to my parents who I have never failed to disappoint. I have plunged so low that they do not have the confidence in me to sit at the HSC and endlessly discuss whether or not I should remain in school or not.

Is there any hope of me doing well on my final HSC exam and scoring at least an 80?

gunnerfan99

HSC
I don’t know how it’s possible to manage 3 percent in any exam. But it entirely depends on how the worst students in your class go in the final exam. If they do better than the states average or as good and you do well in the final exams you could feasibly get an 80 although it’s not likely.

lolcti

HSC
N/A
I've finally received the last of my marks back from the trials and I have scored below 50% on 3 of my 6 subjects (that is: Mathematics Advanced (3%), Legal Studies (averaged at around 13%) and Software Design and Development (around 30%)) and barely passed the threshold for the other 3 (English, Business Studies and Economics). The reason for this subpar academic performance was that I did not study for my trials and mostly just winged all my tests after coming back from a 2-week Holiday. As a result, I had fallen ill and missed out on the first week of the trials and had the majority of my marks averaged on the basis of my prior assessments.

I am completely and utterly demoralised and ashamed, I have brought nothing but misery and agony to my parents who I have never failed to disappoint. I have plunged so low that they do not have the confidence in me to sit at the HSC and endlessly discuss whether or not I should remain in school or not.

Is there any hope of me doing well on my final HSC exam and scoring at least an 80?
No, not even close. But, it’s okay atar isn’t everything.

SASH_06_X

HSC

Are you sure u didn't wrongly type 30% or some such as 3%? Because 3% seems completely infeasible, even in an Advanced subject.

tsilipus

HSC
Are you sure u didn't wrongly type 30% or some such as 3%? Because 3% seems completely infeasible, even in an Advanced subject.
I received 3/100, I was completely appalled by this result too. It was such a devastating mark; I cannot comprehend it myself. I don't believe such a score has ever been achieved before.

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
What? Did you just randomly circle the MC and then leave.
No hate, but even if you didn't study and have no idea, you can still get at least 10 marks through working out marks

tsilipus

HSC
What? Did you just randomly circle the MC and then leave.
No hate, but even if you didn't study and have no idea, you can still get at least 10 marks through working out marks
iirc I just stared at the paper and left 8 pages blank because I had a complete memory lapse

somehow i didn't get a single multiple choice question correct

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
iirc I just stared at the paper and left 8 pages blank because I had a complete memory lapse

somehow i didn't get a single multiple choice question correct
0.32% chance for 0/20 thats crazy 😭 unless advanced has only 10 (i don't remember lmao) but still thats a 5.6% chance ig you're cursed

tsilipus

HSC
How did you get through all the prior assessments in advanced?? No offense but bruh 3/100??? Do you know how to derive x^2?
I received a D (40% range) for my first two Mathematics exams and a C for my third one (around 50%)

2X

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
do you go to a high or low ranking school. that would be quite telling to see if you can still get 80

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
I received a D (40% range) for my first two Mathematics exams and a C for my third one (around 50%)

2X
Well look at it this way you can only improve for hsc. I'm sorry you had such a tough exam period but its in the past now and the only thing you can control is your external marks so focus 100% on that. GL 🙏

for what its worth i believe that if youre able to get decent scores in your assessments you can definitely at least replicate that in hsc if not improve to higher bands with study.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)