Israel Palestine conflict (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stressedadfff

HSC
From a political perspective, I'm against both sides.
i dont affiliate with a certain religion, however can you say that when they attack innocent people whilst praying, during a holy month killing children under the age of 9. not even that, the fact that they CELEBRATE it. FUCKING VILE. i get they're trying to find a home after being kicked out from every european nation, doesn't mean you can steal the land of the innocent. they claim its a country when my grandmother is older than it tf.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
i dont affiliate with a certain religion, however can you say that when they attack innocent people whilst praying, during a holy month killing children under the age of 9. not even that, the fact that they CELEBRATE it. FUCKING VILE. i get they're trying to find a home after being kicked out from every european nation, doesn't mean you can steal the land of the innocent. they claim its a country when my grandmother is older than it tf.
I wasn't speaking from a religious perspective but you make a good point regardless.

stressedadfff

HSC
Personally, I find this all too complex to be taking political sides at this stage, but there is absolutely no justification to attacking innocent civilians. None.
right?! especially over land, at least attack the 'political leaders', not infants, school kids and women, thats plain coward.

Qeru

HSC
Don’t really know anything about this.

Though I will say I’m not gonna take sides just because people are trying to shove it down my throat through Facebook and Uni. If I was to pick sides I probably wouldn’t support any side 100% anyway. I would listen to a shit ton of arguments from both sides and do lots of research before I say anything about it.
Exactly thats why I created this thread lol

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Ok let's provide some detail:

- The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is not a recent conflict, it began around the mid 20th century.

- Israel wants to achieve its Zionist ideology, which implies establishing a state that occupies most of the Levant (including countries like Syria, Lebanon and Palestine). This of course means that countries of concern are against Israel, and wars have been fought, such as the 1973 Arab-Israeli war (aka Yom Kippur War) as well as the 2006 Lebanon War (aka July War --> I was there at the time btw).

1620891840888.png

- Israel, in addition to its conflict with Palestine, occupies the Golan Heights (Syrian territory) and the Shebaa Farms (Lebanese territory).

- In addition to that, Israeli attacks against Palestinians (such as the one highlighted in this thread) increased nearby countries' opposition to Israel.

- The Palestinians are fighting for land that was gradually occupied by Israel throughout the years of conflict, as shown below:

1620891982165.png

And the conflict continues till this day...

just to be clear supporting Palestine in no way equals to antisemitism, i respect jewish people. however, i disagree with any degree of zionism.
That's where I agree with you - not supporting Israel ≠ hate of Jewish people.

However, Palestinians harmed my country politically, hence the reason I don't support them (I still despise Israel).

stressedadfff

HSC
Ok let's provide some detail:

- The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is not a recent conflict, it began around the mid 20th century.

- Israel wants to achieve its Zionist ideology, which implies establishing a state that occupies most of the Levant (including countries like Syria, Lebanon and Palestine). This of course means that countries of concern are against Israel, and wars have been fought, such as the 1973 Arab-Israeli war (aka Yom Kippur War) as well as the 2006 Lebanon War (aka July War --> I was there at the time btw).

- Israel, in addition to its conflict with Palestine, occupies the Golan Heights (Syrian territory) and the Shebaa Farms (Lebanese territory).

- In addition to that, Israeli attacks against Palestinians (such as the one highlighted in this thread) increased nearby countries' opposition to Israel.

- The Palestinians are fighting for land that was gradually occupied by Israel throughout the years of conflict, as shown below:

And the conflict continues till this day...

That's where I agree with you - not supporting Israel ≠ hate of Jewish people.

However, Palestinians harmed my country politically, hence the reason I don't support them (I still despise Israel).
syria? Assad's actions are vile aswell. personally the second diagram proves my stance. they're SETTLERS and thats how it should've stayed, they've occupied the entire country. seems like they're aiming for an ethnic cleansing of palestinians :(

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
personally the second diagram proves my stance. they're SETTLERS and thats how it should've stayed, they've occupied the entire country. seems like they're aiming for an ethnic cleansing of palestinians :(
Yeah, because that suits the Zionist plan.

syria? Assad's actions are vile aswell.
See that's the problem, you're against Assad and are claiming his "actions are vile". How do you expect me to support Palestinians if they can't recognise all the support they received from the Syrians and instead choose to betray their allies...

Assad is a hero. When nearly every single country in the world decided to have a go at Syria, he was there to fight terrorism. It's been 10 years already. No country in the world can survive what Syria went through during the last 10 years.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That being said, I oppose the killing of civilians and children, no matter the side or the circumstances.

stressedadfff

HSC
Yeah, because that suits the Zionist plan.

See that's the problem, you're against Assad and are claiming his "actions are vile". How do you expect me to support Palestinians if they can't recognise all the support they received from the Syrians and instead choose to betray their allies...

Assad is a hero. When nearly every single country in the world decided to have a go at Syria, he was there to fight terrorism. It's been 10 years already. No country in the world can survive what Syria went through during the last 10 years.
im sorry, isnt he the attacking the syrian civilians? thats what ive heard about him. Its even more heartbreaking what syria has been going through, it used to be a tourist attraction, now thanks to america its in ruins. the thing that strikes me is all these countries at war are e middle eastern. When you face terrorism on a daily basis- bombing, shooting and what not, it becomes the norm for some and can hence branch into extemist views. i dont understand why politicians think you can fight extremism with extremism, especially when the civilians are the ones being exploited. NOT politicians or those RESPONSIBLE. what does a infant had to do with war?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)