Is the Trial school certificate exams the same for everyone in nsw? (1 Viewer)

Supaweak

HSC
hey im in a little bit of a puddle i initially thought the trials were just practice tests for the actual school certificate until a teacher told me that the trials are going to be marked and recorded for our yearly report. Now im just wondering are the trial school certificate exams different for every school? or are they the same?

+ im having a trial computers exam next week and its online so im guessing that test is done all over the state?

rolror88

HSC
N/A
The SC trials are usually written by the school, and therefore not everyone does the same trial test.

Crates

Banned
HSC
rolror88 said:
The SC trials are usually written by the school, and therefore not everyone does the same trial test.
I remember me and my friend did the same test back when i was in year 10. :cool:

suzlee

HSC
But my trials are external, we go to some place supervised by the BOS ladies apparently.. just like the real SC.
Does that mean my trials are Board developed?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
A lot of schools buy the independent exams. So it might be the same in a lot of schools.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
suzlee said:
But my trials are external, we go to some place supervised by the BOS ladies apparently.. just like the real SC.
Does that mean my trials are Board developed?

No - what is happening is that your school is trying to make the experience as similar as possible.

They may be using the independent or other bought externally set exam but, just like the trials for the HSC, they are set in the end by the school - i.e. if the teacher doesn't like or hasn't covered some part of the course then they can change the paper.

Having the SC supervisers gives you a chance to feel comfortable with SC rules etc rather than just having the school doing the supervising.

The only reason my school doesn't do that is that we do the Year 10 exams and Year 11 exams at the same time (both starting tomorrow) so we have teachers supervising all the exams. However, all Year 12 exams - Half-Yearlies, Trials and HSC are supervised by the same team of supervisors.

bored of sc

HSC
No. Different schools do different papers. Usually these Trials are harder than the real school certificate. But school certificate is still tricky. Make sure you know what's going on i.e. have covered topics.

Aznmichael92

HSC
i agree with above post. Some schools will make their trials harder as to prepare you for the sc while some schools make it easier so you dont feel the stress. :D

My trials for maths is definately harder than the one in sc :D

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
My school buys the trial papers. They may be similar as we should have all learnt basically the same content by the time yearlies/trials roll around but they wont be the same paper in every school like the SC and HSC

suzlee

HSC
cem said:
No - what is happening is that your school is trying to make the experience as similar as possible.

They may be using the independent or other bought externally set exam but, just like the trials for the HSC, they are set in the end by the school - i.e. if the teacher doesn't like or hasn't covered some part of the course then they can change the paper.

Having the SC supervisers gives you a chance to feel comfortable with SC rules etc rather than just having the school doing the supervising.

The only reason my school doesn't do that is that we do the Year 10 exams and Year 11 exams at the same time (both starting tomorrow) so we have teachers supervising all the exams. However, all Year 12 exams - Half-Yearlies, Trials and HSC are supervised by the same team of supervisors.
Ohhh okay. Thanks :)

smushieex

HSC
nope, it's not the same.
My school apparently makes our trials/yearlies much harder than the actual SC.

.... it was pretty true, i found our trials pretty damn stressful. lol

alexvision

HSC
Yeah they trials are a lot harder than the SC papers, after having done heaps of both.

The supervisors are complete retards at my school, we were in the first test (Divinity :lol:) they had to get the school Sargent to come down and yell at us to stop talking and "disrupting" those who were "working" And in the History/Geography ones where he came down, didn't work and then got the year co-ordinator to come down and threaten to cancel formal to make us quite. And they don't know what they are doing, I asked for another chair because I had a broken one and then got me another paper ??????. (one of them looked like a pigeon)

Naminé

HSC
The trials are harder?

...mine were so easy that I don't know whether to become complacent or freak the hell out.

The supervisors at mine were retarded, too. I got special provisions to do mine on my own because of my anxiety problems, and I had my iPod on and everything. It was kind of funny because I was wearing it in a case hanging from a strap around my neck really obviously and nobody noticed.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Our yearlies ARE our trials, apparently...but if you pass the yearlies, you'll ace the SC, pretty much.

til2010

Admittedly Amateur
HSC
Yearlies aka 'trials' were easy.
I'm glad there isn't a SC religion exam and there never will be ^_^

kevin.huynh

HSC
i actually know some people from different school that did the same english trial as me
so sometimes they can be the same

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)