Is it alright(good) to have critics in Module B HAMLET (with the new updated syllabus (1 Viewer)

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Is it alright (good) to have critics in the Module B critical study of texts Hamlet essay (updated syllabus)

Some people say you dont need critics anymore because the new syllabus is about your own interpretation.

On the other hand,

some people say that it is still good to have critics in your essay

Can someone clarify?

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Is it alright(good) to have critics in Module B HAMLET (with the new updated syll

My teacher has told us not to use them. You should be making your own argument, not basing it on what someone else has said.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Re: Is it alright(good) to have critics in Module B HAMLET (with the new updated syll

still confused

we need more opinions

anyone else?

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad

My HSC marker tutor said to never use critics in your essay because it is YOUR critical study, not some randoms critical study.

sghguos

HSC
N/A

thx noted,

MORE opinions

anyone?

becca12

HSC

yes i use critics in my essay
my tutor actually said i do need to use them
they help support my argument

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

You're argument needs to be your own, that should be clear. You need to formulate your own thesis, and come up with evidence to support that.

However, you can use critics to back up this thesis. They are not required, and you don't need to, but if you feel it strengthens your argument, then do it.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Is my grammar for this sentence right or wrong???

Having trouble with "commas" lol I'm really bad at english

i)......... morality reinforced through the rhetorical question "arent you the good man?" which highlights their.....

ii)........ morality reinforced through the rhetorical question, "arent you the good man?" which highlights their ...

iii)....... morality reinforced through the rhetorical question, "arent you the good man?" , which highlights their....

iiii)...... morality reinforced through the rhetorical question "arent you the good man?", which higlights their......

Help please:)

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Re: Is my grammar for this sentence right or wrong???

help pls

this-guy

HSC

The first one. Possibly insert a colon [:] before the quote.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
My english essays are 1000 words each will I be marked down????

Im doing english advance and I will be writing 1000 words or (950~ish) per essay in the exam.

The reason is a I have a disease called essential tremor and cant write at optimal level.

Will I be at a disadvantage> (ignoring quality of all essays)

sghguos

HSC
N/A

thx anyone else shed some light?

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: My english essays are 1000 words each will I be marked down????

Im doing english advance and I will be writing 1000 words or (950~ish) per essay in the exam.

The reason is a I have a disease called essential tremor and cant write at optimal level.

Will I be at a disadvantage> (ignoring quality of all essays)
You should be fine given that your essay is readable.

deswa1

HSC

1000 is defs enough to score 20/20- it comes down to quality now

barbernator

HSC

1000 is more than half the cohort would write.

Rawf

HSC

Woah dude. 1000's a lot haha, for belonging my essay is 950, creative is 730, mod A is 840, mod B is... gonna make it up on the spot (probs gonna be 800ish), mod C is 960.

onedaysnotice

HSC

TT^TT

My creative is 1150, my belonging essay is 1100, mod A is probs gonna be 1150, mod B I'm winging, and mod C is 1300 (lol, well it can be 1040 if i take one ORT out).

I need a giant scissor to trim my essays LOL

Last edited:

RishBonjour

HSC

1000 words is plenty, just make sure its all quality, or cut it out, you rather spend time planning your response for 2-3 mins to answer the question.
I think its "expected" 800 words each essay for english (obviously, most people right way more)

Rawf

HSC
TT^TT

My creative is 1150, my belonging essay is 1100, mod A is probs gonna be 1150, mod B I'm winging, and mod C is 1300 (lol, well it can be 1040 if i take one ORT out).

I need a giant scissor to trim my essays LOL
Mod B seems like the module everyones winging. Its much too hard to know what they're gonna throw at you :( I prepared for all the poems (like 1 para each which is 150 words) and I was thinking oh ill do 4 poems an essay.. but then apparently they can say to just use two poems or just use 3 (2004-2006) which just threw me off and now I'm screwed lol

deswa1

HSC

You can prepare an essay for Mod B (srs). I did it for our Hamlet assessment and for the trials and got 14/15 and 20/20 respectively. The point is though to make sure you also know the whole play so if they chuck a shocker at you, you can write on the spot as well. Most questions however can be linked back to certain central ideas- like in Hamlet you can bring heaps of stuff back to the idea of corruption so if you've prepared something for that, you're good.

Just don't get caught in the trap of memorising word for word and not knowing the text as a whole

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)