Is "94"atar enough to go around boasting??? (1 Viewer)

SpreadTheWord

HSC
No one cares about the ATAR because it's a flawed system. Equally, how well you do in your HSC (Atar) is no reflection to how smart you are in uni. The stuff you do in HSC is just basic. So don't boast because you'll struggle to make mates and lose out on the best part of uni - social aspect.

Good luck.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
ITT, everybody who got a shit ATAR.

Last edited:

erob

HSC
Uni Grad
People who brag about their ATARs when they've finished school are just morons who are stuck in high school and don't know how to let go.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Is "94"atar enough to go around boasting??? and saying your smart and everything?
No, people don't care about ATAR at uni. You're in the course you hopefully wanted to do, go live life, make new friends with like-minded people.

BL3H

HSC
a week after the ATAR comes out, two weeks tops
I know parents that bang on about what their kids got longer than this, but usually they are put in their place by someone (me) saying no one gives a shit.

2 weeks into uni no one would care.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I hated it when several weeks after it was released my parents still boasted to my cousins about my UAI (what it was called back then) and how it was so 'high' even though I was actually disappointed with my results lol.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I hated it when several weeks after it was released my parents still boasted to my cousins about my UAI (what it was called back then) and how it was so 'high' even though I was actually disappointed with my results lol.
know that feel.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
depends if you're asian or not.
not asian, like the whitest of white, also more than doubled a brother and the other dropped out of year 10 after getting band 3 and lower in everything. what then?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
not asian, like the whitest of white, also more than doubled a brother and the other dropped out of year 10 after getting band 3 and lower in everything. what then?
fuck, you're no fun, the answer is still no.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
it's something to be commended, but it's not something to boast about.

Eduard_Khil

CASIO fx-82ES PLUS
HSC
N/A
94 isn't that high, you'd be pretty idiotic and an arrogant prick to go around boasting that you scored 94, I mean, in the long run when you get a job, and go through uni, noone would give a stuff about it anymore.
Plus you also look like a cocky prick to rub it in others peoples faces,
To me personally people that go around showing off their 94 atar makes me feel less impressed about their achievement, I'd probably view a person in the 80's who was modest higher than a stuck up kid,
yeah I know this from a personal experience of a friend.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Why do people still post in this thread?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)