Cult of Personality
HSC
is it just me

or when i read "All new design"

I thought: "but it looks like my iphone 4"

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
"evolutionary, not revolutionary" pretty much sums it up.
Just updated the hardware and thats it. Nothing new. Should just be iphone 4.1 or something. I can't believe apple-fans are being forced to buy this crap.
At least companies like samsung improve with every version. Samsung on its 3rd generation is way better than apple on its 5th generation.

iBibah

HSC
Just updated the hardware and thats it. Nothing new. Should just be iphone 4.1 or something. I can't believe apple-fans are being forced to buy this crap.
At least companies like samsung improve with every version. Samsung on its 3rd generation is way better than apple on its 5th generation.
Apple is smart. Samsung is dumb. (as a business)

Last edited:

Sanjeet

HSC
Their slogan is "The biggest thing to happen to iPhone since iPhone."

Seriously???

iBibah

HSC
It also looks a little weird when it's longer but not wider.

iBibah

HSC
really? the only thing keeping Apple alive is simply because of its brand. samsung came out of nowhere and in its next version, it'll rip this iphone 5 garbage. They just need better resolution and S-voice.
Yes its brand is keeping them alive, and they use that to their advantage. They could have easily made a phone that kills every other phone. But then what next? No, instead they feed on the stupidity of consumers who will buy it whether there are minor changes or major changes. Like someone said, Samsung's 3rd generation is better than iPhone's 5th. But that is good for iPhone because they have sold a shitload of phones that hardly improve each time.

I agree btw that Samsung is better, but I meant in terms of making $$$$, Apple is the real winner here. At least for now.

looks like ill be getting samsung galaxy S3 then (Y)
I think so too ...

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
And that's why apple are so smart. They could easily make it an awesome
Phone, but they release features bit by bit because the phone will sell either way.
In what way is this not an awesome phone?
Ugly phone. Screen too small.
I've never really understood this complaint. I'm no Andre the Giant, which is why I want a phone that can actually fit in one hand without the need for the other hand as a balancing act. If you can't even come close to putting your thumb in all 4 corners of the screen, it's too big and you should have opted for a tablet.
100% agree with Dr_Fresh. No matter how poor the new smartphone is, it will sell as it has Apple logo. It's a pure marketing, nothing to do with achievements of technologies...
p.s. Samsung rules:)
This is pure idiocy. iPhones by any stretch of the imagination are not "bad". It's also pretty hilarious that you complain about fanboyism and then actually include fanboyism in your post.
Windows 8.

Come at me Apple fanboys.

Although I like the earphones, they seem interesting.
Windows 8 looks pretty promising. I'm excited about Office 2013 and I might upgrade my windows computer to win8.
This post doesn't even make sense. "Updated hardware" = "nothing new". "new" = "nothing new". Good job champ. They're not forced to buy anything. Your point about Samsung is also horseshit. Samsung have a multitude of phones that are substantially lower quality than both the Galaxy and iPhone. Android is not even comparable with iOS and if you notice, the majority of apps are developed for iOS and then later made for Android (because fuck making something for like 7 different screen resolutions).
really? the only thing keeping Apple alive is simply because of its brand. samsung came out of nowhere and in its next version, it'll rip this iphone 5 garbage. They just need better resolution and S-voice.
I could just as easily make the point that Samsung is only alive because people want to be ~different~ and not get Apple products. But this point is completely stupid, much like yours. All of the points you've made can apply directly to the opposite company.
I agree btw that Samsung is better, but I meant in terms of making $$$$, Apple is the real winner here.
Not really when you consider that Apple is a major customer of Samsung's. Samsung make a lot of hardware that is in Apple products.

If there's one thing that is annoying, it's ridiculous anti-fanboyism from people who merely turn it into fanboyism of a different company.

Frostbitten

HSC
And that's why apple are so smart. They could easily make it an awesome
Phone, but they release features bit by bit because the phone will sell either way.
Yes, it is a very noticeable trend in businesses much like how the Pharmaceutical companies partake in their trade.

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
@lolsmith, yeah because the positive first impressions are flooding the news articles.. true innovation. Please feel free and brief us on the new features, apart from the bigger screen and lte that samsung s3 already has.

Last edited:

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Lolsmith hit the nail on the head.

@lolsmith, yeah because the positive first impressions are flooding the news articles.. true innovation. Please feel free and brief us on the new features, apart from the bigger screen and lte that samsung s3 already has.
The fact they could reduce the thickness of it by one fifth due to the touch sensitive layer not having to be on it's own is quite good.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Hey people, welcome to the face of technological progress for the advancement of humanity. It's not always noticeable or even extraordinary, but it is undoubtedly progress.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Had a 3GS, it was a bitch of a phone. No customization other than what Apple let you do.

The apps, while a good selling point, I find pointless. The amount of crap you need to sift through to find a good app... How many truly successful, fun, useful etc. apps are out there? A handful. There are millions of other shit apps no-one cares about.

Only the successful ones migrate to Android because they were successful on another O.S. I'd rather have a majority of tried and tested good apps in the Android Market than piles of shit ones.

Though, I choose to stay unbiased. I got my little Galaxy Ace because the iPhone 4 was way too much for what I use my phone for.

The iPhone 5 release looks mundane to me. Longer screen, 720p internal camera and updated A6 chipset... Whoop-tee-doo. Same OS (though updated), same screen resolution etc., same apps, same functionality - now with an extra row of icons, better selfies and slightly faster!!! Wow.

Aesthetics aside - wtf. In my eyes, and in many others', this is nowhere as big as Apple hype it up to be.

Plus - New charger? Why? Lets just make almost every accessory available with a dock obsolete unless you spend MORE money on an ugly adapter. I know this is a very smart business move, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a dick move.

Bigger screen = yay! Black bars!

Last edited:

boracay

HSC
GAIS.... iphone is obviously not about tech but its about being trendy and a part of the cool crowd amirite?

Source:http://www.zazzle.com/iphone5+cases

/sarcasm

Unfortunately, I honestly believe it's a main reason for Apple's success.

Dash8

HSC
I dont see why everyone hates iPhones so much. Is it cause you can't afford one, like me? The thing that differentiates the iPhone to all other phone is the quality. The materials they are made out of and the smoothness of the operating system leaves most other phones for dead. I currently have a HTC Desire and while its alright, it has some major flaws, like a tiny internal memory. Half the apps from the Android store don't even install onto the SD card....

I know iPhones aren't perfect (no phone is...) but they did pretty much reinvent the smartphone market to what it is today. If I had enough money I would definitely buy the iPhone 5

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I dont see why everyone hates iPhones so much. Is it cause you can't afford one, like me? The thing that differentiates the iPhone to all other phone is the quality. The materials they are made out of and the smoothness of the operating system leaves most other phones for dead. I currently have a HTC Desire and while its alright, it has some major flaws, like a tiny internal memory. Half the apps from the Android store don't even install onto the SD card....

I know iPhones aren't perfect (no phone is...) but they did pretty much reinvent the smartphone market to what it is today. If I had enough money I would definitely buy the iPhone 5
It is a very pretty and well made phone, but overall there are much better out on the market.

Sure, we're grateful for what they did to the smartphone market, but if you reinvent the wheel successfully, you should continue to lead the pack or get out of the way. They're charging more than most companies for tech that's been out for months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)