• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

iPhone 4S (1 Viewer)

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah this is pretty shit to be honest. Samsung Galaxy S2 or this. Either way I need a new phone.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I do have to admit that Siri turned out to be better than what I expected. It's a shame I can't imagine finding anything like that useful.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Also notice how they're pushing the 4s mostly in white because everyone already has the 4 in black. Smart guise dem apple fellas.

(Although must admit I've always had a thing for white - especially the S2 in white)

Last edited:

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
I like that they didn't go to the effort to trim the iPhone pictures on the flash display. You can still see the crappy white boarder and corners.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
They majorly screwed this up, I was honestly hoping for something good and "iPhone 5" instead of "4S", this is so gay

Yeah this is pretty shit to be honest. Samsung Galaxy S2 or this. Either way I need a new phone.
Yeah, I'm stuck now too, in (desperate) need of a new phone and dont know what to do.

Will probably get 4S because it's easier restoring my contacts, photos, etc... from backup (since my current iPhone is dead I can't get anything back) and yeah...

I do have to admit that Siri turned out to be better than what I expected. It's a shame I can't imagine finding anything like that useful.
agree

--

will probably get white if I do get this, I've had enough of black

HSC
They majorly screwed this up, I was honestly hoping for something good and "iPhone 5" instead of "4S", this is so gay

Yeah, I'm stuck now too, in (desperate) need of a new phone and dont know what to do.

Will probably get 4S because it's easier restoring my contacts, photos, etc... from backup (since my current iPhone is dead I can't get anything back) and yeah...

agree

--

get a galaxy s2 or iphone4 outright for $600
get on telstra $49 freedom byo plan for 12 months
live forever (until iphone 5 comes out)
simple

Azure

Premium Member
HSC

agree

--

Yeah I've been with Android since the beginning but I don't think the OS is on par/better than Apples offering to be honest. Just too many flaws that I'm having trouble looking past at the moment. Pretty sure Icecream sandwich will change this though so who knows.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
get a galaxy s2 or iphone4 outright for $600
get on telstra $49 freedom byo plan for 12 months
live forever (until iphone 5 comes out)
simple
That is also another option now that you mention it, no need for the telstra plan though, I have the $45 Vodafone Infinite (month to month - no contract), oh well see how it goes, even if I do get 4S it'll be on a 12 month contract, not 24 (24 is way too long for 1 phone, they just dont last - imo anyway).

Yeah I've been with Android since the beginning but I don't think the OS is on par/better than Apples offering to be honest. Just too many flaws that I'm having trouble looking past at the moment. Pretty sure Icecream sandwich will change this though so who knows.
I've played around with android a bit, a couple of S2s as well, It just doesn't grab my interest like iOS does, and who knows, maybe Iceacream Sndwich will? maybe it might be terrible with other, newer flaws...

Will spend a few days thinking and see what to do (most likely 4s on 12 month voda plan)

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
whats the repairs policy for android? do u have to mail it in and they either fix/replace?

HSC
That is also another option now that you mention it, no need for the telstra plan though, I have the $45 Vodafone Infinite (month to month - no contract), oh well see how it goes, even if I do get 4S it'll be on a 12 month contract, not 24 (24 is way too long for 1 phone, they just dont last - imo anyway).

I've played around with android a bit, a couple of S2s as well, It just doesn't grab my interest like iOS does, and who knows, maybe Iceacream Sndwich will? maybe it might be terrible with other, newer flaws...

Will spend a few days thinking and see what to do (most likely 4s on 12 month voda plan)

oh

vodafone

i feel bad for you son

i got 99 problems but a lack of customer service and reception aint one

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
oh

vodafone

i feel bad for you son

i got 99 problems but a lack of customer service and reception aint one
it's ok, reception is getting better and it's fine in the areas i need it, and never had to call them up for anything so that isn't much of a worry (ordered online etc...)

Should be fine within a year maybe, meh.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
NEWS - thoughts? (not in news section because this is already running)

Apple must do right by Aussie customers

Apple needs to "do the right thing" by its Australian customers and better price its new iPhone and other products for the local market, says NSW Fair Trading Minister Anthony Roberts.

Consumers were getting "short shrift" when it came to the cost of Apple products, given the Australian dollar's recent strength against the US currency, he said.

The minister used the launch of the iPhone 4S to call on the tech giant to reconsider pricing across its range, or face a potentialbacklash from its Australian customers.

"Local consumers are savvy and I expect many previously loyal Apple fans would be considering the increasing number of quality alternatives when looking to buy smart phones, tablet computers and digital downloads," Mr Roberts said in a statement on Wednesday.

"Lets hope the new iPhone comes with an up-to-date currency converter."

Mr Roberts also accused Apple of using technology to restrict choices in digital media.

He said the company was going against the tide of online retailing, which had created a "free trade" in more traditional media such as books, CDs and DVDs.

"In order to register for an overseas-based site offering digital downloads, customers need an address and credit card issued in that country," he said.

"These measures effectively restrict consumer options and enable companies such as Apple to charge Australians."

Australian fans of country singer Dolly Parton, for example, would have to spend up to 50 per cent more than Americans if they wanted to buy her back-catalogue on Apple's iTunes, Mr Roberts said.
"With digital downloads, cost considerations such as transport and rent neither explain nor justify the price difference."

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
The prices are similar for the US and AUS models, but the US is still cheaper (despite the 5c difference in our currencies right now).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)