• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Info day 5th Jan (1 Viewer)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
lolz it's ok thx ani way..

i prolly jsut pump around and haf a lil fun myself =D

mojako

HSC
98.60 and no invite haha
maybe they dont like me.

I think u need to have Usyd in ur first few preferences

Lainee

HSC
picaresque said:
Wait. I didn't get invited to a breakfast - I was invited to something that takes place at 3pm. Why? :confused:
Because you're one of those 99.95 or 100'ers. You're considered uber-smart and thus deserve a special afternoon tea all to yourselves - unlike us poor souls who must get there super-early for breakfast. ;)

picaresque

HSC
Lainee said:
Because you're one of those 99.95 or 100'ers. You're considered uber-smart and thus deserve a special afternoon tea all to yourselves - unlike us poor souls who must get there super-early for breakfast. ;)
Hahaha. As lovely as that sounds, I'm sure only UNSW practices that form of separatism - friends who received 99.9 and 99.75 also got the Tea invitation. All these invitations and different cut-offs are quite mysterious. - when I saw this thread I actually felt confused enough to re-read my letter, just to be sure.

Last edited:

Lainee

HSC
I was reading through the thread that I linked several posts above ^ about last year's bunch of invitations. Apparently, the different times may be just to avoid the morning rush according to one particular person who rang up to 'RSVP'. Why you have to RSVP I don't know, and I'm not about to try it to see what happens. But it makes sense to spread out the two sessions... gives them time to restock on sausages and breadrolls. :)

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Now I wish I actually got 98+ and invited to the breakfast...doesn't matter anyway, I'll be away for 2 weeks in January, and with some pretty smart people as well.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
who gives a shit about a bloody breakfast. i can make a nice fry up anyday and wouldnt have to eat it at the crack of dawn

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
oh no!!!!!!!!! poor you!!! what do you end up getting out of it? is it just the knowledge youve helped out or do you get money or what?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Mambomeg said:
i agree! hahaha to you ppl who will be up at the crack of dawn!!!!!! .... oh wait.... i will be there serving the brekkie...... doh!
lolz omg, can how abt a bos'er meet up??? ^^

Lainee

HSC
We should've a special hand signal or something. Twiddling fingers will get you an extra sausage and the not-so-stale bread rolls. :p

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
yeah man i get paid, geez, serving food to geniuses for free? i dont think so!

I think i'l be involved more in helping set up etc, rather than serving, they have hospitality staff for that, i am a marketing staff person.

But like i said, come visit me in the science rd stall! i'll be there all day, and as i am the only vet student, it shall be fairly obvious who i am..... look for the blue uni shirt and name tag!

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
yeah, its fully mambomeg! my parents were really into surfing.....
Nah its megan, i am female (obviously), "well rounded" and have blonde/red hair. but there arent that many ppl working at the science rd stall... i'll be pretty obvious.

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
Mambomeg said:
yeah, its fully mambomeg! my parents were really into surfing.....
Nah its megan, i am female (obviously), "well rounded" and have blonde/red hair. but there arent that many ppl working at the science rd stall... i'll be pretty obvious.
we should have a BOS sign or something daggy like that so we can pick each other... either that or all BOSers can walk around with a special symbol of membership...i will be the girl harassing all the arts students, with the red rose clenched between her teeth.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
welshi said:
we should have a BOS sign or something daggy like that so we can pick each other... either that or all BOSers can walk around with a special symbol of membership...i will be the girl harassing all the arts students, with the red rose clenched between her teeth.
I get enough people recognising me already thanks very much:p

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
I get enough people recognising me already thanks very much:p
=p wof is famous ^^

dw, i am not, so wof can't recognise me while i can him... ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)