Indiana jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull (1 Viewer)

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
I just saw it tonight and thought it was pretty typical Indiana Jones fare. The ending was totally outlandish and unexpected (although not in a good way).

Anybody else seen it?

michael1990

HSC
I thought it was awesome, and i really don't like Indiana Jones.

Good acting, nice story.

Overall 4/5.

walrusbear

HSC
the first half is gold but the whole project lags a bit by the end
i enjoyed it on the whole (as an unapologetic fan of Indy)

particular LOLz at the 1950s and some of the later dialogue:

SPOILERS (kinda)

'their treasure was knowledge'
'the space between spaces' etc

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I really did not enjoy it. Our cinema was full of annoying Junior Secondary School kids chatting throughout the entire film, enjoying their 'strike day'.

Peartie

HSC
it was ok....

more action than story but as for all indiana jones' that is what it relies on!

probably about a 3.5-4 / 5

spiny norman

HSC
I went in a group of three, and was the only one to come out of it loving it.

From the fridge saving the day to the three-way car fight scene to the surprising ending, I found it ridiculously entertaining. No doubt a lot of it was ludicrous, but given it had moved setting from the 1930s to the 1950s, I think it was fair to bring in some of the more sci-fi elements, as they to me more define 1950s Hollywood.

Really loved the actors, too, and all the interaction between some great talent was really good to see.

A lot of fun. No idea how it will hold up in repeat screenings (if it can hold a candle to the first three in that sense), but I was glad to see it.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Aerath said:
I really did not enjoy it. Our cinema was full of annoying Junior Secondary School kids chatting throughout the entire film, enjoying their 'strike day'.
One of the reasons I rarely go out to see movies is because it's one of the main hangouts of 13 - 16 year olds and I can't be bothered putting up with them.

If I really want to see something I make sure to go when school is on.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yeah not too bad, ive seen all the other movies, wasnt a big fan or anything but my mate in primary school was so ive seen them all a few times and enjoyed them. It was pretty typical indiana jones, the scenes, car chases, hiding in a fridge from a nuklear weoponz[lolwut?]

the sci-fi was out of the mold, i could see some people not liking it, but i love sci fi and i felt it fit in nicely so i was happy.

overal maybe 8.5/10

efhat

HSC
good acting, and action was awesome, but i was like WHAT the *$&% at the storyline....the whole alien encounter thing at the end just ruined it for me.....but apart from that it was ok......last crusade is still my fave tho

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Loved the seedy communist mind-control stuff. Nice tribute to the ancient Red Alert games. Onya Kate!
Loved area-51 and the ants. Not sure I was so crash hot on the alien theme, but it was acceptable.
Indy's still Indy. The Seigfried of the cinema. Didnt like his son. The love story was a little flat (but that's George Lucus for you...)
Mixed feelings about the musical score. Interesting how they made it grainy, for an older/more authentic feel. But it didnt sound great.
In all, A SOLID EFFORT.

Raiders remains the masterpeice for me though. Perhaps it should have run more with the Soviet thing, had a Khruschev cameo etc, but meh. Hitler and the nazi characters were obviously more menacing, given the hindsight of the war. Not as radioactive with the Ruskies.
Makes you miss the clear-cut good v evil structures the world had in place until the fall of teh Berlin wall.

I hope that there will be new directors with the same breadth of talent to make such sweeping, epic films as Speilbergo.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Never been more pissed off with a movie in my entire life.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
bazookajoe said:
Never been more pissed off with a movie in my entire life.
You have to admit that the opening was by far the best of them all.
Struggled after he was nuked.

Worth it just for the first half hr. Rest was... ADEQUATE

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
lol at comparing that opening to Raiders. Seriously. Although yeah, it was a good opening. It was mostly good to be honest. I even didn't really care about the impossibility of how the fridge magically stays in tact after being thrown a tremendous distance away from the blast. I didn't care that they fell down three waterfalls onto jagged rocks and came away unharmed. I didn't care about how unreal the car chase next to the cliff was. And the swordfight. And a bunch of other crap.

THERE WERE FUCKING ALIENS.
It ruined everything. What a fucking stupid concept.

Atonofrash

HSC
bazookajoe said:
lol at comparing that opening to Raiders. Seriously. Although yeah, it was a good opening. It was mostly good to be honest. I even didn't really care about the impossibility of how the fridge magically stays in tact after being thrown a tremendous distance away from the blast. I didn't care that they fell down three waterfalls onto jagged rocks and came away unharmed. I didn't care about how unreal the car chase next to the cliff was. And the swordfight. And a bunch of other crap.

hahah qft

fucking rocky waterfalls

RohanZ

Pan fried Steak
HSC
i agree with joe on the aliens part. The first half of the movie was fairly good. The ending was lame and unheard of. I lol'd at the nuke testing though. 7.5/10.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
i have not seen it but the people i know who have seen it -1 have said not to waste the money on a ticket.

ledzeppelin

HSC
bazookajoe said:

The vine-swinging scene was probably the nadir for me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)