• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Im pissed (1 Viewer)

AnandDNA

HSC
Im so damn pissed and angry atm. I just typed up an economic essay which was 3 pages long and was almost done when for some reason my foot accidently hit the power cable and caused the comp to turn off. I also realised that i had'nt saved my work at all so its all gone and i gotta start again. That shows how important and safe it is to save your typed up work every 10 minutes or so :angry: . How that ever happened to you?:mad:

bored of sc

HSC
AnandDNA said:
Im so damn pissed and angry atm. I just typed up an economic essay which was 3 pages long and was almost done when for some reason my foot accidently hit the power cable and caused the comp to turn off. I also realised that i had'nt saved my work at all so its all gone and i gotta start again. That shows how important and safe it is to save your typed up work every 10 minutes or so :angry: . How that ever happened to you?:mad:
oh, bad luck :(

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
AnandDNA said:
didn't it autosave??

AnandDNA

HSC
idk i've tried to retreive it for like the last 30 minutes but i couldnt find it. and i didnt do a draft or anything i just started typing away getting info from textbook, net and my own knowledge :( im so pissed at this that ill do this eco thing another day:mad:

terminator69

HSC
Doesn't the latest version of office save in intervals of a few mins automatically?

anyway i always save it after every paragraph because i get paranoid of something happening.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
AnandDNA said:
roflmao adnan always save your work before you begin

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Even in Word '03, it saved every five minutes or so. Bad luck, I guess.

de keizer

De Legende zelf Kors
HSC
Very unlucky mate.

I think you need the new version of office. Much better at retriving lost work.

AnandDNA

HSC
i was using my laptop which has microsoft pro 2000 so i dnt think it has that auto save thing :(

HSC
On the positive side, your second copy is usually better quality since you've got the structure and most of the content in your head.

AnandDNA

HSC
True that cause now i've been finding better info but it hurts your insides when u realise you've wasted 2 and a half hours. I could've been playing CS or watched a movie in that time :rofl:
BTW has this every happened to ne1, liek you do all this work den it disappears for some reason maybe a reason other than forgetting to save :(

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
if u were using your laptop and you treaded on the power cable wouldnt it still run on battery?

AnandDNA

HSC
I dun know it just turned off. You're trying to make me luk like a liar ay kazi

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
maybe it didn't have the battery inserted. i know my laptop can run without a battery aslong as the power chord is plugged in.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
AnandDNA said:
I dun know it just turned off. You're trying to make me luk like a liar ay kazi
no its just that i just treaded on my power cable just then

michael1990

HSC
AnandDNA said:
BTW has this every happened to ne1, liek you do all this work den it disappears for some reason maybe a reason other than forgetting to save :(
It has happened to me, but my laptop uses the temp files to save it. I just go to the temp files and have all my work there.

Don't ask me how it does it lol

But my Uncle did it for me :)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
AnandDNA said:
True that cause now i've been finding better info but it hurts your insides when u realise you've wasted 2 and a half hours. I could've been playing CS or watched a movie in that time :rofl:
Yeah it has happened to me because something went wrong with the computer i.e. crashed. But I didn't care. I did it again and it looked better :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)