• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

i want to buy a laptop (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
Hrm.. don't know whether I should get one or not.
If I get an LCD, I'll get a 17in Samsung $650...
but then again I could save alot by getting a cheapass 19in..

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I'm not kidding but it improves ur eyes... but if you're a gamer it's not for you, primarily because you might experience motion blurness... however samsung has a range of LCD's which counter such issues and was designed for games, but they cost more.

Collin

HSC
N/A
LCDs are actually good for your eyes? I had such a speculation but was never sure.

Also with CRTs, I always turn down the contrast and brightness when I'm not playing games.. I've been doing that for years now because I get a headache or get tired quickly if I keep it at full.

Winston

HSC
LCDs are actually good for your eyes? I had such a speculation but was never sure.

Also with CRTs, I always turn down the contrast and brightness when I'm not playing games.. I've been doing that for years now because I get a headache or get tired quickly if I keep it at full.

LCD's actually relieve the strain on your eyes... on a serious note i'm not kidding but i had to wear glasses for reading, but i was lazy so i didn't but when i got my LCD and used it for a year and i went for an eye test he said i've imrpoved lol wtf :p... don't know if it was the LCD taking effect...

Furthermore LCDs consume less energy than Fat Fucker CRTs. They also look sleek, and chicks will go for you if you're an LCD owner...

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Winston
They also look sleek, and chicks will go for you if you're an LCD owner...
LOL, imagine filling your room up with LCDs.. kinda like on the hoverships in The Matrix. :p

Winston

HSC
LOL, imagine filling your room up with LCDs.. kinda like on the hoverships in The Matrix. :p
:p... hey if it's that easy to get the chicks, why not! lol...

Collin

HSC
N/A
So Mr Churchill, chances are I'll do SOFT1001 next sem.. is the course easy or hard?
Also what are some other computer subjects you can do next sem?
And can you do any hardware subjects in BSc?.. I guess they're aren't that many since I'm not doing an Engineering degree maybe :confused:

Winston

HSC
So Mr Churchill, chances are I'll do SOFT1001 next sem.. is the course easy or hard?
Also what are some other computer subjects you can do next sem?
And can you do any hardware subjects in BSc?.. I guess they're aren't that many since I'm not doing an Engineering degree maybe :confused:

Well i aint studying for soft :p... so tell me the degree of difficulty there...

You can't do ANY computing subjects, since you dont have SOFT 1001 yet, the two SOFT's are pre-reqs as well as the maths.

I dont know if ur degree allows u to pick free electives if so, then pick ELEC 1101, that's more hardware related... well the fundamentals of it.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
has anyone seen the LCDs on those new toshiba notebooks? they are REALLY good

Collin

HSC
N/A
The 2 SOFTs are are pre-reqs?

:/ Didn't want to hear that one lol.

So what subjects are you doing first sem year 2? I presume 2 maths.. and all the other ones computer subs..

I'm just doing straight science (without a chosen major yet).. so technically all my subjects are free electives :p

And is there a textbook for SOFTware? Also what's the timetable like for it.. for example 3 lectures weekly etc.? I heard you guys get muthafuking long tutorials too..

Winston

HSC
ummmmmmmm i dont have to do any maths next yr, this yrs my last yr :p...

ummmm one lecture, two tutorials, and 3 labs. yes there's a textbook + resource book for it.

Collin

HSC
N/A
3 labs? :uhoh:

So all of those are 1 hour each right.. adding to a total of 6 hours a week? I swear I heard that you guys get like 2 hour tuts or something. :confused:

Winston

HSC
3 labs? :uhoh:

So all of those are 1 hour each right.. adding to a total of 6 hours a week? I swear I heard that you guys get like 2 hour tuts or something. :confused:
nah... 3 x 1 hr labs, 2 x 1 hr tuts, 1 x 1 hr seminar.

that's it :)...

dude wtf is mean value theorem, its pissing me off.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Get out your 1001 book, I studied the Mean Value theorem myself from it.. it's pretty good and make sure to read all the MVT examples on it, that's important.

Winston

HSC
Get out your 1001 book, I studied the Mean Value theorem myself from it.. it's pretty good and make sure to read all the MVT examples on it, that's important.
I've read it for 2 hrs... and it's like reading shit...

Collin

HSC
N/A
Nah mate, shit is much more exciting that the MVT :p

So you went to the lectures right? As in you understood it kinda when you learned it.. but forgot it.. or have you NEVER understood it? I'm kinda screwed for MVT too, but I'm trying to study it well enough to atleast be able to apply it for a few types of questions. Remember, for 1001 they may tend to give you the types of 'State the MVT'.. just make sure you get which domain right when stating it.. for example 'this theory is defined for [a,b)' blah blah'.. I had one of those questions in my 1901 quiz, and I worded it just slightly wrong (it was Rolle's theorem, a special case of MVT), and I lost half the marks. Shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)