i play CS alot, suck alot, how do I get better? (1 Viewer)

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
LOL, im 20 playn this game heaps and gettn owned by 10 year olds. any tips on how to own in this game? i cant sniper ppl, cant aim//..

im sure u 1337 freaks out there know how to play CS properly = )

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Increase [sensitivity]: Take around 8 firstly, get used to it and increase it until about 12. A player who can master such sensitivity can easily turn around 180 degrees with ease and precision. (though some spectators may start complaining that you hack!). Default: varies ~5

Increase [m_pitch]: Makes your mouse more sensitive to horizontal movement, set it to around 0.03 to 0.04 This works well in non-urban maps where theres not much buildings you have to look up/down. Default: 0.022

Increase [g_fov] (aka cg_fov): Allows you to view more horizontally, max it out. The drawback is it got a "fish bowl" effect. Straight lines gets distorted near the edge of your screen. Default: 90

EDIT: Yeh just enter the things in [] into the console followed by appropriate value. I believe it's perfectly legal and normal to take advantage of game settings.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
VanCarBus said:
LOL, im 20 playn this game heaps and gettn owned by 10 year olds. any tips on how to own in this game? i cant sniper ppl, cant aim//..

im sure u 1337 freaks out there know how to play CS properly = )
Learn how to aim, anticipate, and get a gun with good penetration

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
yeah, you really just need to play more ... like the kind of amount that would lead to you not doing anything other than playing cs and occasionally attending school in your hsc year. :(

as shit as it may seem to get owned badly, playing with people better than you will help. after you've been owned spec the leet folk, you often pick up little things that help alot :)

oh god, now i feel like cs'ing :eek: even though i stopped this whole semester, sigh

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Good to see another CSer now is this just Counter Strike or Counter Strike Source because being CS just means the game physics can be a little easier to kill people etc using bugs in the engine and these 1337 "10 year olds" know that so be weary.

Also it should be noted using hacks\cheats on an steam game on a VAC\VAC2 server can and will result in a ban although I have seen a number of people hacking but I am sure they get caught sooner or latter.

Otherwise remember practice makes perfect just learn the gun you like best, how it fires, how to aim with it use it a lot master it that’s what a lot of players do then the just evolve moving throughout the game with all the guns on offer. Anyway baring BOSers should get together to play CS or CSS or if you want I might be available for a few games if you want some extra help PM me.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Firstly learn to aim, then use your brain ingame and sound.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
or you could just use my suggestion of playing a lot ! quite simple `

Numero Uno

HSC
lol man
yeh just level the playing field
download some hacks,
havent played cs in like 4 years
use to use a proggy called "ogc" fuking hilarious wall hack / aim bot lol .
im sure there still some hacks going around just have a google :)

be careful about being banned though :p

Spikeru

St. Mère Église church tower, danglin....
HSC
Komaticom said:
Check your back often. "Slice the pie" when rounding corners; stick close to the wall when moving up staircases, stick close to the railing when moving down; learn your maps; don't make your movements predictable (take different routes each round); most importantly, shoot in the same direction everyone else is shooting.

Those strategies can be applied to any half-decent shooter, as well as in real life- to some extent.
Slicing the Pie is the reason I play SWAT 3 & 4 as opposed to CS, the game just makes real-world, effective tactics null and void. That is the reason I try to avoid playing it, that and my inner fear of being horribly killed by a cluster of 12 yr old 'I33+'ers.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
probably the best thing you can do to increase the speed that you improve is to somehow get into a clan... clan matches are way different to pub, you work as a team, and that team will teach you skills and tricks just by you being there and playing with them. it also means you learn war maps very fast, like i could go around dust, dust 2, aztec and most of the original maps with my eyes closed. learn to use weopons effectively based on what the enemy is doing/ try to anticipate the enemy

so last round they rushed double doors and owned your team? by a shotgun and blast em close range as they come through. a sniper has been picking off your team as you cross the bridge and you think u can outsniper him? go for it

the enemy is not commiting and staying back waiting for you to make first move? throw a few grenades through to soften em, then flash and mow em down.

cs is easy... but there are lots of tricks and things to learn that no1 can teach you, you have to just learn em yourself

knowing maps is probably the best thing for you to do tho, just make sure you know every hiding place, every rout and all bomb sites/ hostage locations, likely camp spots and spots you can use to cover open areas... then u will know the map well enoughj

gl nub ;)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
my mouse sensitivity is usually around 16-18.... (not that it really matters, some players like to move the mouse around more.. i just like to move it slightly) .... just learn how to play noob.

hipPo3

HSC
Some tips:

- Duck when shooting.
- if sniping and target is still (and you missed or using scout) don't bother waiting for the scope to come back on .. just shoot again and you're bound to hit him. (i do it often when sniping (i only use scout) if i don't get them in the neck area)
- Also if sniping .. quick change weapons often after shooting to get the scope out earlier.

Eventually you'll get the hang of it.
The point of ducking is so your crosshair doesn't widen when shooting .. it's more acurate.
When sniping .. if scout aim for the torso and keep shooting, but if you can aim then go for the neck .. 100% garrantee headshot. For Awps aim just for the torso.

Spikeru

HSC
Komaticom said:
Agreed.

I'd sure like to round up a group of these l337ers for a match of paintball or laser skirmish in real life, where stamina, fitness, endurance, and self-control play a part instead of clicking a mouse and pressing WASD.
Knock some sense into them, ya know.
You should try WWII reenacting, you'd enjoy it.

Just picture yourself standing in Armidale State Forest it morning and cold so you’re wearing long underwear, a woolen uniform and a thick field jacket and pants. That's pretty heavy and oxygen restricting on its own, but then you have to add field gear. Belt, ammo and pouches, suspenders, Musette bag, canteens, grenades, a first aid kit, entrenching tool, a box of ammo for the squad MG and maybe field rations stuffed in your pockets, whatever happens to be period-correct. Then you put on a woolen cap-comforter, a helmet and shoulder your weapon. You check all your gear and straps, realizing that standardization means that nothing fits properly and your back already hurts. You fiddle with your itchy woolen scarf and gloves, light a period cigarette and begin to stumble off towards the meeting point, grumbling as you go.

Ten hours later and night is falling, it's colder now by the way, much colder. Your feet hurt, your arms hurt from carrying your weapon, your neck hurts from your helmet and you’ve developed a rash from wearing so much wool. None of this really matters though, because you’re beside a fire with good friends, and may or may not be completely pissed. You also have this intense feeling of pride, because you’re out here freezing your arse off for fun, while others are sitting at home with a six jack of Jolt Cola and a copy of Counterstrike. You realize that just by doing this, you are better than them. You may only be play soldiers, but at least it's better than BF1942.

Haaha, end rant.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
cl_crosshairscale 2000
type that in console an u get a smaller crosshair an it makes HS an general aiming 10X better

u can aim a HS from miles away

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
Spikeru said:
You should try WWII reenacting, you'd enjoy it.

Just picture yourself standing in Armidale State Forest it morning and cold so you’re wearing long underwear, a woolen uniform and a thick field jacket and pants. That's pretty heavy and oxygen restricting on its own, but then you have to add field gear. Belt, ammo and pouches, suspenders, Musette bag, canteens, grenades, a first aid kit, entrenching tool, a box of ammo for the squad MG and maybe field rations stuffed in your pockets, whatever happens to be period-correct. Then you put on a woolen cap-comforter, a helmet and shoulder your weapon. You check all your gear and straps, realizing that standardization means that nothing fits properly and your back already hurts. You fiddle with your itchy woolen scarf and gloves, light a period cigarette and begin to stumble off towards the meeting point, grumbling as you go.

Ten hours later and night is falling, it's colder now by the way, much colder. Your feet hurt, your arms hurt from carrying your weapon, your neck hurts from your helmet and you’ve developed a rash from wearing so much wool. None of this really matters though, because you’re beside a fire with good friends, and may or may not be completely pissed. You also have this intense feeling of pride, because you’re out here freezing your arse off for fun, while others are sitting at home with a six jack of Jolt Cola and a copy of Counterstrike. You realize that just by doing this, you are better than them. You may only be play soldiers, but at least it's better than BF1942.

Haaha, end rant.

hahah thats so lame..u wear all this stuff and walk around without shooting nething...lol..

..if u want action somehow get into marines in US...and ull get some real action cos US are always fighting random arab countries ...or u can just go live in like Inglewood or Compton...

Last edited:

Spikeru

HSC
Enoch said:
hahah thats so lame..u wear all this stuff and walk around without shooting nething...lol..

..if u want action somehow get into marines in US...and ull get some real action cos US are always fighting random arab countries ...or u can just go live in like Inglewood or Compton...
We fire blanks and use repro grenades, so it ain't all quiet. I spend the majority of any event trying to deal with the superior number of our SS opponents. Us Yanks have the advantage though, we are younger and full of democratic power.

N'ways.... back to CS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)