i no this sounds vain but... (2 Viewers)

LazyBoy

HSC
timrie, i dont feel suprerior based on where i live. i agree theres good and bad in all areas. im the first to say that about my own area lol. We call the bad in my area Tories :p... lol. (some will get that joke). Its not about where you live, its about how you live. the 'westy' steriotype is sums up the worst qualities in people. yes you have them all over sydney, some suburbs more than others.

University wise, i dont judge the difference between universities. UWS or USYD. i only like USYD better because i love the city and the campus. Also the degree im doing is much more flexible and what im after.

--- back on track... i wouldnt mind a better card.. how much are we looking to pay for a real card.

thebach

HSC
timrie 6 i didnt say i want another card i said i would be nice if they improved the card. So for everyone im not sooking about the dam card im saying it can be improved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

Shuter

timrie6 said:
I know some brilliant people from the western suburbs. not everyone there fits into your stereotypes.
A derrrrrr, he didn't say all people fit the stereotype, he was stating just that, that's it's a stereotype. This doesn't mean ABSOLUTLY EVERYONE WHO LIVES THERE MUST CONFORM TO THIS EXACTLY. It simply means a stupidly large percentage unfortunatly do fit this description, which I whole heartedly agree with.

Let's looks at the train line: Blacktown, Doonside, Rooty Hill, Mount Druitt, St Marys, Werrington, Kingswood, Penrith, Emu Plains. All of these suburbs are such shitholes in general and I literally would not walk there at night. Emu is not quite so bad and anything in the mountains is then fairly nice, but the outer west from blacktown untill the blue mountains I just can't stand.

There's a reason why the blue mountains trains are now changed to not stop at any station between penrith and blacktown....

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Having lived in the west for 15 yrs(rooty hill/Mt druitt/blacktown) i can say that compared to other areas it is not the best place to live with crime and unemployment rates being of higher proportion , but on the other hand its not as band as people make it out to be! Its not like you will be robbed/bashed just by walking down the street. There are honest and decent people in the area. There are good schools too, St. Marys Senior High/Penrith High to name a few, that do well and foster well-rounded and outstanding indivuduals . And i agree with what lazyboy and shuter has to say. There is a stereotype and yes there are many people that fit this stereotype!

Unfortunately, it is a relatively shit place to live....

Hopefully, people like me and many of my friends who go to usyd/unsw, who make an effort go to go against the trend and make something of ourselfs, will be spared the snide remarks and bigotry that runs rife (and which i have experienced at Uysd on more than one occasian!)

(and to stay on topic: Laminated cards are not ideal but meh! i can live with it :) )

Last edited:

LazyBoy

HSC
zannaz on your remark thankyou for the support and understanding of my argument.

Back on the cards, they are utter crap i was really dissapointed. but yeah. and the end of the night its just a card. At least the SU card is a real card :p....

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
cant believe people are arguing about some cards, shakespeare once wrote :" Do we not bleed when you stab us " or something similar, whichhhhh is totally unrelated to this topic, but yeah, who careeeeeessssssss,as long as you get a decent education, expand your horizon people,,,,,,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)