I need some advice. Past HSCers miracle stories will do pl0x. (1 Viewer)

HSC
firstly, doing bad in the HSC is not the end of the world so
secondly, RE LAX! :)

I wouldn't say it was a 'miracle story' but I mssed up my trials back in year 12 big time because I sacrified studying for it for my major work. in ad. english trials I came > 20th in the test but because I had good marks in the beginning my assessment rank for school was 2nd and 1st from my school for the exam. So school based marking is REALLY unpredictable. So don't take it too seriously.

and relax.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
firstly, doing bad in the HSC is not the end of the world so
secondly, RE LAX! :)

I wouldn't say it was a 'miracle story' but I mssed up my trials back in year 12 big time because I sacrified studying for it for my major work. in ad. english trials I came > 20th in the test but because I had good marks in the beginning my assessment rank for school was 2nd and 1st from my school for the exam. So school based marking is REALLY unpredictable. So don't take it too seriously.

and relax.
Major work?

OP's subjects: Adv. English, Maths Ext. 1 + Ext. 2 , Physics Chemistry
Mine similar to OP's: Maths Ext. 1, Physics, Chemistry
Your subjects similar top OP's: Adv. English

Major worls are irrelevant to his subjects, and obviously you were disorganised with workload.
For some, HSC means dignity.
Otherwise I agree with the relaxing part.

I Study Hard

HSC
Why are you whinging about an estimate of low 90s.
Its an estimate, it doesn't mean thats what you're actually going to get...

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
ye considering how people apply to like most of scholarships of UAI estimate rather than actual UAI
But yeah, it'd be pretty funny [or sad for the individual] if the person got a scholarship for Law, but didn't actually make it. =\

HSC
Major work?

OP's subjects: Adv. English, Maths Ext. 1 + Ext. 2 , Physics Chemistry
Mine similar to OP's: Maths Ext. 1, Physics, Chemistry
Your subjects similar top OP's: Adv. English

Major worls are irrelevant to his subjects, and obviously you were disorganised with workload.
For some, HSC means dignity.
Otherwise I agree with the relaxing part.
Repped +1. Thanks for the awesome advice all! How'd you go in the end Uncle btw?

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Repped +1. Thanks for the awesome advice all! How'd you go in the end Uncle btw?
I pretty much said "AHAHAHAHHAA" accompanied by sadistic smiles to the kids in my school.
The other kids ended up going to TAFE, UWS or just straight into the workforce.
I got in my first UAC preference.
Now in second year Mechanical Engineering at UNSW
(Best and m3nliest degree ever).

The trials are a good indicator of how you are going.
Just show them all like I did.
Just stay competitive but not so hard that you will ruin yourself.
It takes skill.

absorber

HSC
The HSC has been going fucking shit for me at the moment. I received a predicted of approx. 90-91 (which is reasonable based on my ranks I guess), received one fucking excellence award (compared to 4 last year when I was doing awesome in Year 11 in comparison) today and I feel like rage quitting. I've been trying really really hard, but I'm probably not studying consistently and smart (and I've been spending too much time on 4U maths rather than my other 8 units). I always turn up late to 3U/4U morning class, which shows my shitty dedication and receiving a B for being punctual. (fuck me dead, no wonder I'm doing a tad shit). I have irregular sleeping patterns too. (sometimes 3 hours of sleep, sometimes 10 hours of sleep).

Did anyone go abbysmal in their half yearlies but managed to fucking own the trials? Share your stories, because I need motivation so I can rip the faggots who continue to beat me. Some of them don't even deserve the rank they get, and yet they're fucking stupid and dumbfounded/bludge talk in class. I need an awesome internal rank so I can receive a decent UAI in the end.

And is a ATAR of 99+ for me possible, if I received a predicted of low 90's based on my rankings? Is it possible to push it up to that extremity? Or does 95+ seem more reasonable to aim for? My school is around the top 195+

P.S. I am not trolling. This thread is serious business k? I want to get into a decent course and keep my options open. I need constructive advice! Has everyone lifted their game up? Am I not studying as hard as I'm actually thinking? Staying healthy? (because all I eat is junk food and drink a shit load of coca cola) Etc etc.
Don't lose hope and waste your time writing a long monologue like this. Also, always respect people ahead of you, or at least try to a bit more. I mean jeez, if you're late for your classes, maybe you don't deserve a decent rank either. Just work harder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)