I need some advice. Past HSCers miracle stories will do pl0x. (1 Viewer)

HSC
The HSC has been going fucking shit for me at the moment. I received a predicted of approx. 90-91 (which is reasonable based on my ranks I guess), received one fucking excellence award (compared to 4 last year when I was doing awesome in Year 11 in comparison) today and I feel like rage quitting. I've been trying really really hard, but I'm probably not studying consistently and smart (and I've been spending too much time on 4U maths rather than my other 8 units). I always turn up late to 3U/4U morning class, which shows my shitty dedication and receiving a B for being punctual. (fuck me dead, no wonder I'm doing a tad shit). I have irregular sleeping patterns too. (sometimes 3 hours of sleep, sometimes 10 hours of sleep).

Did anyone go abbysmal in their half yearlies but managed to fucking own the trials? Share your stories, because I need motivation so I can rip the faggots who continue to beat me. Some of them don't even deserve the rank they get, and yet they're fucking stupid and dumbfounded/bludge talk in class. I need an awesome internal rank so I can receive a decent UAI in the end.

And is a ATAR of 99+ for me possible, if I received a predicted of low 90's based on my rankings? Is it possible to push it up to that extremity? Or does 95+ seem more reasonable to aim for? My school is around the top 195+

P.S. I am not trolling. This thread is serious business k? I want to get into a decent course and keep my options open. I need constructive advice! Has everyone lifted their game up? Am I not studying as hard as I'm actually thinking? Staying healthy? (because all I eat is junk food and drink a shit load of coca cola) Etc etc.

Last edited:

L

quit bos forever 23/01/07
Under the Tuscan Sun, as per usual, fuckan tearin
HSC
N/A
yah mate

i didnt study at all

and my uai estimate was 45

then i crammed during the last week of trials and the day before each hsc exam

and ended up with 97.85 which was ok

and my parents didnt kill me! ^^

HSC
yah mate

i didnt study at all

and my uai estimate was 45

then i crammed during the last week of trials and the day before each hsc exam

and ended up with 97.85 which was ok

and my parents didnt kill me! ^^
Fuck off you're lying. I hate trolls.

P.S. I love you L.

zeleboy

HSC
It really depends on how much your trials are weighted. If they're worth about 30-40%, there's no reason that your rankings will not sky-rocket with high marks in each of your subjects. It'll be easier to predict your ATAR from your end-of year ranks.

HSC
It really depends on how much your trials are weighted. If they're worth about 30-40%, there's no reason that your rankings will not sky-rocket with high marks in each of your subjects. It'll be easier to predict your ATAR from your end-of year ranks.
But what if the people beat me again? (pessimistic outlook for me...). One of them is completely random. Like he's stupid and everything in real (doesn't do as much work as I) and yet he still wins (I use to beat him in year 10 and year 11 a lot). Shows how shit I am? He's probably going hard out like a ninja at home (hes asian, NOT being racist but stereotyping :)) and has that mindset of beating me 24/7.

My sciences are weighted 40%, english 40%, and maths 3/4u unfortunately 40% :(.

Fanx 4 ur input anyways =).

Last edited:
HSC
low 90's estimate means u didn't try

solution : try harder
Thx brah. Peeps say they study smart and not hard at all. How come my dumbass friend is not smart and yet he doesn't study hard (doing decently in his subs). While I know this international overseas student guy who studies hard like absolute epic crazy and does shit hungwell? It pisses me off ffs.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
Thx brah. Peeps say they study smart, not hard. I find this bullshit.
how is it...? studying smart means....

with sciences/social sciences - studying smart just means sorting the crap u need to know from the crap u dont need to know, read/memorize sample answers

maths- do lots of question types... from multiple books

english - even though theres lots of study questions essays etc, u can do decent by investing in a study guide and write up a multi-purpose essay body, memorise it the day before the exam

i barely study and my estimate was 99.00

HSC
how is it...? studying smart means....

with sciences/social sciences - studying smart just means sorting the crap u need to know from the crap u dont need to know, read/memorize sample answers

maths- do lots of question types... from multiple books

english - even though theres lots of study questions essays etc, u can do decent by investing in a study guide and write up a multi-purpose essay body, memorise it the day before the exam

i barely study and my estimate was 99.00
99.00 fucking epic bro. But you don't study at all for it (barely) - I don't believe that bs.

I'm also prob too serious about the hsc. With this seriousness, I don't study hard as much as I'd like, which leads me thinking that I'm srz and doing my ultimate best by CARING but in the end, I do shit. I have the heart for it, but I cbf and want the lazy/easy way out. I dunno, these r the shit thoughts that are running in my mind atm. Fken gotta start studyin again lads.

Last edited:

jellybelly59

HSC
lol don't rage now or you'll definitely get owned by random stoners..... just study study study. (by that i mean study smart :) )... and make sure you ace your assessments by a large margin now so you can catch up.... what else can you do? Get the momentum going, pick up a pen - start some work and just keep up the pace till you finish the HSC.

HSC
lol don't rage now or you'll definitely get owned by random stoners..... just study study study. (by that i mean study smart :) )... and make sure you ace your assessments by a large margin now so you can catch up.... what else can you do? Get the momentum going, pick up a pen - start some work and just keep up the pace till you finish the HSC.
True. The shit results were a kick in the ass anyway to get me going from now on...

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
Yea you should pick up a pen and just never let go. Take it everywhere with you

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lol I got like 99.8 ATAR estimate with my school study coordinator.

But then, he gave me this situation where my estimate went down as low as 99.2, thanks for having high scaling subjects =)

Back to the topic, I reckon OP should just relax. I will give you my example. Last year, I was down by huge marks to first in 2 unit hsc mathematics. But in trials, I completely owned it so despite huge initial differences between me and first, I managed to come first. I reckon trials make huge differencs so ye, good luck.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Trials = opportunity to catch up

Start studying now so you can ace your next assessments, especially trials and you should jump ranks :D

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Not a single 2008er or above in this thread so far.
Hahahahha.
hey boy from sydney boys high school, why dont you make out with the top maths guys in your class in return for good marks?

The HSC has been going fucking shit for me at the moment. I received a predicted of approx. 90-91 (which is reasonable based on my ranks I guess), received one fucking excellence award (compared to 4 last year when I was doing awesome in Year 11 in comparison) today and I feel like rage quitting. I've been trying really really hard, but I'm probably not studying consistently and smart (and I've been spending too much time on 4U maths rather than my other 8 units). I always turn up late to 3U/4U morning class, which shows my shitty dedication and receiving a B for being punctual. (fuck me dead, no wonder I'm doing a tad shit). I have irregular sleeping patterns too. (sometimes 3 hours of sleep, sometimes 10 hours of sleep).
Stop trying too hard, it's the HSC.
Take it easy.
But then I agree the maths exercises can be tiresome and cost you some bed time.
In first year university maths you would get more/lengthier questions.
Even they say attempt most of them if you can't do all.
Negotiate with your teacher if he/she forces you to do them all and checks them.

Did anyone go abbysmal in their half yearlies but managed to fucking own the trials? Share your stories, because I need motivation so I can rip the faggots who continue to beat me. Some of them don't even deserve the rank they get, and yet they're fucking stupid and dumbfounded/bludge talk in class. I need an awesome internal rank so I can receive a decent UAI in the end.
I was good in the half-yearlies and even better in the trials.
I remembered that the majority of the English Standard students were fools and
were proven to be incompetent and in return I beat them and came out in the
top 10 out of over one hundred English standard students
in the trial rankings.
Most of them don't do physics.
Easiest subject ever.
If you don't do physics you should crash into a powerpole at 27.78 m/s

And is a ATAR of 99+ for me possible, if I received a predicted of low 90's based on my rankings? Is it possible to push it up to that extremity? Or does 95+ seem more reasonable to aim for? My school is around the top 195+
You need to do better.
Much better.
You need to be at the top.
It depends on skill.

P.S. I am not trolling. This thread is serious business k? I want to get into a decent course and keep my options open. I need constructive advice! Has everyone lifted their game up? Am I not studying as hard as I'm actually thinking? Staying healthy? (because all I eat is junk food and drink a shit load of coca cola) Etc etc.
If your idea of a decent course is Commerce, Business or Arts I will
promptly laugh uncontrollably.
My diet did not consist of junk food.
It was mainly wholegrain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)