I help you thread. (2 Viewers)

Schoey93

HSC
I know

A lot of people say Biology is easy because it's just regurgitation but I think that there's more to it than that.
Remember that the people who say such things tend not to study biology. These are people who study either physics, chemistry or both and hence think that they are smarter than biology students. I agree with you... I haven't started the course yet, but I have read through the textbook and pure regurgitation might get you a Band 5 at best.

Schoey93

HSC
haha yeah year 12 bio is 100x better than year 11.
Agreed. The Year 11 course is lacking genetics which, in my opinion, makes it extremely inferior to the Year 12 course. That said, I believe the only good options available for study in the HSC course are Communication and Genetics. Biotechnology as an area of study interests me too, but I know that in high school it would be too simplified/easy for me to enjoy it. I like a challenge.

HSC
Agreed. The Year 11 course is lacking genetics which, in my opinion, makes it extremely inferior to the Year 12 course. That said, I believe the only good options available for study in the HSC course are Communication and Genetics. Biotechnology as an area of study interests me too, but I know that in high school it would be too simplified/easy for me to enjoy it. I like a challenge.
this.
ohhh and biotech isnt easy. its just plain shit. lol

hollaholla

HSC
i never thought bio was easy :(
but im scientifically retarded :(
Bio is easy if you know exactly where to study from and how to go about studying it. I heard you got 93+. If you are scientifically retarded, i fear to think of what we are. (those that hit below 90) I hit 90+ in the final exam and i used the following for my study:

1)heinemann biology (if thats the way its spelt)
2)PAST PAPERS--- PEOPLE!! I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE QUESTIONS, BUT THE ANSWERS THAT ARE GIVEN IN THIS VERY BOOK. YOU HAVE LITERALLY GOT EVERY DOT POINT ANSWER AT THE BACK. LEARN FROM THEM.
3)Excel guide--incase i missed something
4)Ahmad Shah adil for summary.

HSC
Bio is easy if you know exactly where to study from and how to go about studying it. I heard you got 93+. If you are scientifically retarded, i fear to think of what we are. (those that hit below 90) I hit 90+ in the final exam and i used the following for my study:

1)heinemann biology (if thats the way its spelt)
2)PAST PAPERS--- PEOPLE!! I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE QUESTIONS, BUT THE ANSWERS THAT ARE GIVEN IN THIS VERY BOOK. YOU HAVE LITERALLY GOT EVERY DOT POINT ANSWER AT THE BACK. LEARN FROM THEM.
3)Excel guide--incase i missed something
4)Ahmad Shah adil for summary.
are you kidding me? 93+ in the bio exam? LOL no way! I got 78 :( My atar was 93.05 but thats cos my other subjects were 96,90,88,88,87. bio was so far behind despite being the subject i spent the most time on all year - revision every day, wrote study notes every day which my teacher went through and did the whole success one book. i am scientifically retarded lol.

and i wouldnt say bio is "easy." what exactly defines easy??

hollaholla

HSC
are you kidding me? 93+ in the bio exam? LOL no way! I got 78 :( My atar was 93.05 but thats cos my other subjects were 96,90,88,88,87. bio was so far behind despite being the subject i spent the most time on all year - revision every day, wrote study notes every day which my teacher went through and did the whole success one book. i am scientifically retarded lol.

and i wouldnt say bio is "easy." what exactly defines easy??
Bio is RELATIVELY easy because if you actually learn every dot point up(not even THOROUGHLY), there is no possible chance of you not doing well. Chem and physics on the other hand, even if you learn up every dot point ( like i did), you could still end up with a 75-80 . There is limit to what they can ask you in Bio.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Well a number of people told me that Success One was a poorly written book so that might be a reason for your Band 4 in Biology.

HSC
Bio is RELATIVELY easy because if you actually learn every dot point up(not even THOROUGHLY), there is no possible chance of you not doing well. Chem and physics on the other hand, even if you learn up every dot point ( like i did), you could still end up with a 75-80 . There is limit to what they can ask you in Bio.
well clearly you are making a nice point of saying im an idiot. i did everything i could for bio and i still suck. i admit it.

HSC
Well a number of people told me that Success One was a poorly written book so that might be a reason for your Band 4 in Biology.
idc anymore. im over being told how stupid i am for my band 4. i was sick on the day of my exam. meh whatever.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
idc anymore. im over being told how stupid i am for my band 4. i was sick on the day of my exam. meh whatever.
You didn't do bad in Biology. At least you didn't get a Band 1 like 5 kids in my school usually do.

They're so bad in Biology I don't even see why they picked it. Their overall school assessment mark is around 9/100 lol.

Schoey93

HSC
You're probably intelligent enough to realise this but meh: it's thank you*. And a Band 4 is a great mark in Biology - it's a difficult course, it's a hardcore science. Bio might be 'soft' compared to Chemistry, but I think bio is only easier because it's more interesting... both require at least elementary mathematics (probability and ratios for genetics, ratios and formulas for rates of reaction and molar concentration).

By the way Possessionless, is your name by any chance inspired by your potential Buddhist faith?

HSC
You didn't do bad in Biology. At least you didn't get a Band 1 like 5 kids in my school usually do.

They're so bad in Biology I don't even see why they picked it. Their overall school assessment mark is around 9/100 lol.

You're probably intelligent enough to realise this but meh: it's thank you*. And a Band 4 is a great mark in Biology - it's a difficult course, it's a hardcore science. Bio might be 'soft' compared to Chemistry, but I think bio is only easier because it's more interesting... both require at least elementary mathematics (probability and ratios for genetics, ratios and formulas for rates of reaction and molar concentration).

By the way Possessionless, is your name by any chance inspired by your potential Buddhist faith?
thankyou.
HAHAHAHA no way. im not at all buddhist. my name actually came from a song i used to like back when i joined bos. dont like the song anymore now, hate the name lol

mioumiou

HSC
Cuz most of the people only know Succes One.... but I heard that Odlum & Garner (hope I spell it right) has the best answer!

mioumiou

HSC

But is it really hard to get a Band 6 in Biology? Is HSC biology really hard?

random-1005

Banned
HSC

where is the maths in biology?

Schoey93

HSC
where is the maths in biology?
You need maths for genetics. Elementary mathematics is required for Blueprint of Life and the option Genetics: the Code Broken?

Students are asked to construct pedigrees and punnet squares, and to do so they must utilise mathematical reasoning and have a basic grasp of percentages and ratios.

When you study Biology in university, there is definitely maths in it. Genetics gets a lot more complicated, esp. if you do a Bachelor of Genetics at ANU or a Bachelor of Science (Molecular Biology and Genetics) at USyd. It's quite ignorant of you to assume that Biology requires zero mathematics. There is a tiny amount of maths required for HSC Biology and when you hit university and major in Bio mathematics is a requirement of the degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)