I hate Target! (1 Viewer)

*Minka*

HSC
Anyone else here work at Target and bloody hate it? They treat me like shit, the managers will not do their job properly, you can call for a price check and the people don't come, everything is seriously wrong with that place. They don't let people go on time and they try and make people cancel everything to come work.

Anyone else working at Target and hating it? I am trying desperatly to get out, but no luck sigh.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
hmm just wondering, which target do you work at? and if it makes you feel better, target at ashfield closed down because of lack of profits =]

Scanorama

HSC
Kmart Hurstville is pretty fucked up too. I worked there for 6 weeks last year, all I did was to put the plastic strip up to the shelves. No training, no support what-so-ever, I didn't even know one single staff. Everyone treated me like shit. I'm so glad I'm out of that hell hole. I really really hope it will close down too, for whatever reasons!

I love my new job now at Woolies, its an opposite world to that shit hole.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Targets mission statement is , "we target at making all our employees and customers feel like shit and and hate us"

Last edited:

Scanorama

HSC
SashatheMan said:
Targets mission statement is , "we target at making all our employees and customers feel like and and hate us"
Kmart isn't too far off either.

P

pLuvia

*Minka* said:
Anyone else here work at Target and bloody hate it? They treat me like shit, the managers will not do their job properly, you can call for a price check and the people don't come, everything is seriously wrong with that place. They don't let people go on time and they try and make people cancel everything to come work.

Anyone else working at Target and hating it? I am trying desperatly to get out, but no luck sigh.
Advice, when your on floor like fixing up the aisles and stuff, bludge! to get back at them.

Do you get paid if you don't get to go on time? at McDonald's they pay every minute you work, so that was an advantage for me that time

*Minka*

HSC
SashatheMan said:
Targets mission statement is , "we target at making all our employees and customers feel like and and hate us"
Haha - sounds very accurate!

I don't have a single staff member I can say I am friendly with - because everyone is either nasty or put into a shit mood by the treatment dished out. I even got glared at by one girl for looking in there at a bra.

I don't feel like I was properly trained either and feel it will hurt me with other jobs. Grrr.

Sabbo

HSC
*Minka* said:

Hahaha a lot you've mentioned I can relate to. Target really shits me at times too.

I get along well with the managers though and all of the staff are pretty cool so it's not too bad. At times they try to screw you over with pay and breaks but I guess you got problems like that everywhere in retail so I figure till I finish Uni I'll stay at Target.

Last edited:

*Minka*

HSC
Our managers love beong assholes to try and make the older staff want to quit. And fuck, the ones who work in reception are the nastiest assholes ever.

You are braver than me - I think I'd be driven to self harm if still at Target after Uni!

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
I work at Target. Yes, sometimes it's stressful and managers can be pains but you get over it. There are no shifts now because it's school holidays and there are part-timers who have their regular shifts and after christmas is normally always a slow time.
If you whinge all the time, you probably won't get shifts because you whinge. The fact that you're new too means that they're probably more reluctant to put you on as opposed to more experienced operators. And you're a casual, that's what you're there for- to be called in for shifts when needed other shifts you're rostered for.
Most people are bitches at Target. Everyone will blame everyone else for problems. It happens. Most stores are chronically understaffed, most workers are overworked and most managers are very angry. Register supervisors are harassed by customers and management. It's just the way it is

*Minka*

HSC
steph@nie said:
I work at Target. Yes, sometimes it's stressful and managers can be pains but you get over it. There are no shifts now because it's school holidays and there are part-timers who have their regular shifts and after christmas is normally always a slow time.
If you whinge all the time, you probably won't get shifts because you whinge. The fact that you're new too means that they're probably more reluctant to put you on as opposed to more experienced operators. And you're a casual, that's what you're there for- to be called in for shifts when needed other shifts you're rostered for.
Most people are bitches at Target. Everyone will blame everyone else for problems. It happens. Most stores are chronically understaffed, most workers are overworked and most managers are very angry. Register supervisors are harassed by customers and management. It's just the way it is
I am almost 19 and have been there since I was 14, so hardly new.

Oh and I don't whinge too them. I whinge when I get home. ;)

Sabbo

HSC
I've only been working there since like a year, year 1/2 but I managed to make a name for myself.

Since I deferred Uni for a year I'm basically always available so when someone calls in sick/undertstaffed they call me in to safe the day; like today when i was at the offsite doing stocktake and they rang saying they didn't roster anyone for the afternoon in sound&vision (that's where I work) to replace people doing stocktake and If I could come over (they wanted me to come straight away in my dirty casual clothing...how professional).

So I quickly went home first, got changed and went to work. Worked till 9 but they say they're gonna pay me the three hours till midnight (I would have spent at the offsite doing stocktake) as well...I'll make sure of that :D

I'm just casual btw

Your place sounds pretty nasty but Minka. Only managers I really hate are the area managers

Last edited:

*Minka*

HSC
They even call people when they are at University - with full knowledge that they are there and tell them to come in and cut their shifts if they refuse. They even called me as I was leaving home at 7am on a SCHOOL DAY and do it to me and when I informed them that I was leaving for SCHOOL they'd get snippy. WTF.

Ugggh. And I didn't get this other job I had an interview. I almsot cried because it means I am still at Target. I even had my resignation letter printed in hope.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Don't ever be fooled thinking that management at any colesmyer store care about you. You are just there to cover their arses when they need more work done.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
lol isnt most workplace like that?

it realli depend on ur luck whether u end up in a shithole or a ok-hole
the place i worked r full of bludgers, but since i worked there heaps long
they need some experienced staff
so i can choose whenever i wanna work, wat departments and when i wanna leave (i also told them off for asking me to jig a skool day so can go work. afta that. no one dared to phone me)

but yes. workin for those big companies r shit
wanna quit sometimes but hsc comin up.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
*Minka* said:
I am almost 19 and have been there since I was 14, so hardly new.

Oh and I don't whinge too them. I whinge when I get home. ;)
Sorry, the way you were talking about it made it sound like you were new (because that's what a lot of the new people say to me).

If you've been there that long, surely you must be used to it by now? I've been at target since I was 14 too and now I don't even think about how shit the managers are because I just give it back to them. My store manager told me I should wear more makeup when I became a supervisor to look "more grown up" and I told him to get fucked.

If you want extra shifts and you're on registers, maybe you can tell managers of the other departments that you're available and when you're available and they'll give you extra shifts?

*Minka*

HSC
No its cool. See, it was OK when we had a different manager and I was only there doing some tidying with clothes from 5.30-8.30pm two nights a week. I barely had to deal with anyone. But now it is just fucking SHIT.

Collin

HSC
N/A
God I'm glad I didn't end up with a generalist merchandise brand within Coles Myer Ltd. or Woolworths Ltd. I love my Officeworks (CML) job. Few staff & excellent management team, I can't complain. Pay is shit though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)