• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

I got a job. (1 Viewer)

L

LaraB

Benny1103 said:
What's your point? I am a non-uws student. The fact that I'm not a uws student is clear not only from the context of my previous post, but also the content - it was made explicit.
perhaps you should read your own post then - you were complaining that i classed you as a 'sydney city uni student' - i was pointing out that i didn't - i was simply saying 'you' meaning non-uws students, as in contrast to saying you yourself were a sydney non-uws student which you seemed to think i did.

how can you not understand that?

texta83

HSC
Hi guys. Thanks for all the congratulations. I hope you all have a great xmas and a happy new year. I will let you all know what my graduate position is like when I start work. Hopefully they don't lock me in a dark room and tell me to start coding :p.

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
My post was:

Benny1103 said:
Quite clearly, the logical interpretation of Seraphim's post is basically that there was no point in mentioning that some other person had honours. It doesn't make that person anymore of a threat just because he/she had honours.

It's also quite strange that this kind of thread needed to be made here - haven't seen any threads like this in other forums. This probably would have been better in the general section of Tertiary Study.
You then responded by saying:

LaraB said:
if you think its weird that this thread needs to be created you should be looking at your own uni's students and what's wrong with them then, since they are the ones who come in here with the sole purpose of bagging out the uni without anything to base it on... you don't see us doing that in other uni's forums..
you were complaining that i classed you as a 'sydney city uni student' - i was pointing out that i didn't
No, actually you never did any "pointing out" of that sort.

Look at the above quote from one of your posts. You referred to something I said (weird that threads like this need to be created here) and then in the same sentence you told me to look at my own uni's students and what's apparently wrong with them. You may or may not have intended it, but the way that you've put it, you're grouping me, and other students from my uni, with uws bashers.

You specifically told me to look at my uni's students and what's wrong with them - I even highlighted it in the quote to show you (look above). In that same sentence you referred to something I said. No distinction was made between the part where you referred to one of my comments, and the part where you said "you should be looking at your own uni's students and what's wrong with them."

So in fact, when you made the riduculous comment: "you should be looking at your own uni's students and what's wrong with them," you were referring to me. So what's with that? Making an unncessary attack on my Uni even though no one from there has even bashed uws?

As for the NSW city uni thing - the only reason why I told you to not assume that I'm from a non-uws sydney uni is because you made that unnecessary attack(highlighted part of the quote above) on my Uni. Why did you do that? Simple, it was because I didn't immediately jump to uws' defence whilst having a waah at the same time so you assumed that I was anti-uws. Sorry to tell you but not everyone (who isn't anti-uws) senseless jumps into every single uws thread and dogmatically (and at times wrongly) defends it.

Last edited:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
LaraB said:
i can't be stuffed writing a long response since what you say doesn't mean shit... put simply - you;re wrong...
two posts later, you say...
LaraB said:
hmmm Frigid - i went back via the link you had in your post...

sorry but since your so up on ur high horse about this - can you point out the 'trumpet blowing" coz uh.. there is none....

thats my posts from that forum... the initial post asked about uts vs uws - i provided info about uws since i don't go to uts so unlike some i'm not gonna talk about uts since i don't go there.... i clearly stated that i don't know about uts but uws does xyz, which may be an advantage if uts doesn't...

seriously - find something better to do than chastise my posts... geez - do you want me to send you the numerous thank yous from that poster about the info i provided them? did it ever occur to you i was in the poster's EXACT SAME POSITION! and they asked for MY REASONS FOR MY DECISION! if my decision was to go to uws over uts, why the hell would i tell them uts is fab and uws is a shit uni as they asked why i picked uws ahead of uts?

and you get baited too easily. :p

why does my single post call for a double-post response with a good dose of expletives, exclamations and capitals? perhaps Lara, you are trying to shout over me?

honestly, i could be like you, and write a whole page and a half with double-edits about the goodness of the UTS or UNSW LLB program, but i don't see why i should sell my uni. moreover, i don't want to sound so overexcited salesperson in my posts. i guess that last mentioned aspect of your posting is what vexes me most.

Spirits

HSC
N/A
All this stuff about UNSW and Usyd people being favoured over UWS ones is nonsense. It depends on your marks and work experience - and ofcourse how well you do at the interview.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
fundamentally said:
There is no need to mock someone else's misfortune.
but by saying that, aren't you implying that to go to UWS is a misfortune?

see, there is no end to these wanky debates.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
fundamentally said:
Don't be cruel. It is not nice to rub their face in their university's reputation and problems.

We have been fortunate to have had the education that led to marks high enough to go to a better university. There is no need to mock someone else's misfortune.
We aren't misfortunate. We are studying what WE wanted to study.

However, we are forunate that we all are arrogant pricks like you are.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
fundamentally said:
So why dont you try and get into a better university ?
After all, you do have a decent UAI.

The sad truth is that this annoying belittling will go on the rest of your working life.
I have never been one for brand name items either :rolleyes:

I am just greatful that I can get a place in a law program anywhere especially where I don't have to move away from home. I was considering UNE until I found out how far it is because I didn't evenm expect 90. Besides the fact that 94.00 is below the cut offs for MAQ, ANU etc which don't offer my course and I am not so insecure to think that I need a 'well respected' uni to sell myself when I comes to employment in the distant future

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
melsc said:
Stop fighting, congradulate the person who started this thread and move on.
But we did mel! Its some arrogant prick who keeps going on and on and on and on and on (I think thats enough ons :p)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Yeah, but its fun to argue :p And it does make me mad as well. I don't go around to other unis sub-forums and call them snobs. I don't see why they do it to us, its not fair *mad*

L

LaraB

Benny1103 said:
My post was:

You then responded by saying:

No, actually you never did any "pointing out" of that sort.

Look at the above quote from one of your posts. You referred to something I said (weird that threads like this need to be created here) and then in the same sentence you told me to look at my own uni's students and what's apparently wrong with them. You may or may not have intended it, but the way that you've put it, you're grouping me, and other students from my uni, with uws bashers.

You specifically told me to look at my uni's students and what's wrong with them - I even highlighted it in the quote to show you (look above). In that same sentence you referred to something I said. No distinction was made between the part where you referred to one of my comments, and the part where you said "you should be looking at your own uni's students and what's wrong with them."

So in fact, when you made the riduculous comment: "you should be looking at your own uni's students and what's wrong with them," you were referring to me. So what's with that? Making an unncessary attack on my Uni even though no one from there has even bashed uws?

As for the NSW city uni thing - the only reason why I told you to not assume that I'm from a non-uws sydney uni is because you made that unnecessary attack(highlighted part of the quote above) on my Uni. Why did you do that? Simple, it was because I didn't immediately jump to uws' defence whilst having a waah at the same time so you assumed that I was anti-uws. Sorry to tell you but not everyone (who isn't anti-uws) senseless jumps into every single uws thread and dogmatically (and at times wrongly) defends it.
as i said already - my use of 'you' was clearly inferred by the post, that being th ENTIRE post - not the bits you chose to represent the whole post. don't tell me who or what i was and wasn't referring to as you hav no idea since you decided to take it as a personal attack, just because i quoted you does not mean that every single comment is addressed to you... if the entire post was addressed to you i would not have bothered to paragraph it.

in future since you take everything as addressed to you - i will address my posts as "posts to benny1103" and "posts to those who are not Benny1103"

L

LaraB

fundamentally said:
"Misfortunate" may be a natstar-ism or a George Bush-ism.
However, it is certainly not English.

Consider this a warning.
what the crap?

Bush-ism = words that don't exist....

misfortunate IS a word... do want a definition? geez...

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
I'm not going to argue with you any further. There is no point when all that you demonstrate is the ability to ignore the blatantly obvious - I already explained why your post was a personal attack, regardless of whether you intended it to be or not.

Your post did not clearly infer anything apart from the obvious fact that you were making a personal attack - your reference to me and my uni in the same sentence is more than enough to illustrate that fact. Only a moron wouldn't be able to understand that very simple concept. But why should I bother explaining such simple things to you? Judging from many of your posts you are simply an ill-mannered and intellectually limited individual who demonstrates anger managment issues whenever a uws topic comes up. So if you want to continue to make a fool out of yourself by continuing to have a waah about things which you are clearly wrong about, be my guest.

Iago

HSC
fundamentally said:
Your problem is sub-literacy.
ffs i've read through this meaningless thread and i'm surprised you manage to clothe yourself in the morning natstar. what a moron. you got a job? have a medal you obvious illiterate. edit - it wasn't even you who got the job, you're here to moan on about your shitty uni. rofl

(wtf are ppl giving fundamentally shit when she's telling it like it is??)

edit - seems you're both stupid. misfortunate is certainly a word.

Last edited:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
im going to try that one day

when im doing a psychology experiment in further years ill take just 1 participant's results and just assume it applies to everyone else.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)