• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSC people of 2006 (1 Viewer)

Ellie_Belly

HSC
Hey everyone, just registered at BOS. It's finally the HSC year for everyone doing their HSC in 2006... How is everyone feeling about it?
I'm feeling fairly confident, but I can't say I don't have worries.

Is anyone doing Eng Ext 2?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well come to BOS (boredofstudies), Ellie_Belly and welcome to the HSC year and your final year of high school.

Mixed feelings about the HSC but mostly relieved that it’s the final year and high school at least is almost finished. I am sure this will changed when the HSC exams are upon us but we shall have to wait and see…

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Welcome to BOS, Ellie.
I'm ready for a tough year, pretty confident that I'll do well. All the best to the class of 2006 and I hope we all achieve our best! :)

Riv

Last edited:

Ellie_Belly

HSC
I can't wait to end school either...
Thanks kid :)

I just want to see what everyone else is thinking at this stage... Also, has anyone done much schoolwork so far these holidays?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Well as its finally 2006, i'll just say good luck to everybody in the class of 2006. I hope you do the best you can in your HSC year.
The year will go by fast; make the most of it.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Posts at the same time Riviet, we really have to stop doing that.

Good luck to all 2006 HSC students as the journey continues our marks are what we make them.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Ellie_Belly said:
I can't wait to end school either...
Thanks kid :)

I just want to see what everyone else is thinking at this stage... Also, has anyone done much schoolwork so far these holidays?
Don't mention it, we are all on the journey together so I think it is the least each one of us can do but support one another. :)

You just have to look at the ‘hours of study these holidays’ (Riviet = 40 and counting) people have below in their signatures to find out how much work people have been doing. I myself have been righting up notes for SDD, working on my SDD major project (prototype) and reading Brave New World.

Sorry for posting twice only mintues apart but in different context and didn't see Ellie_Belly's reply.

Last edited:

Ellie_Belly

HSC
Work I've done so far:
Eng Ext 2 MW
His Ext MW
A tiny bit of bio notes

I haven't done a great deal, but I've given myself a break from most of my work until Jan... which is now, so I'm starting up again. It was really hard to do work immediately after school ended... But now I have to make up for that

carpediem

HSC
Finally this bitch of a year is here.. it brings bad tears to my eyes

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Welcome to BoS, ellie_belly. :)

A friend of mine is doing English Ext. 2. He's doing his major work on J.R.R. Tolkien, to go with his speculative fiction studies in Ext. 1 on... Tolkien. Big Lord of the Rings buff, my friend is. :p

I_F

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Ellie_Belly said:
Work I've done so far:
Eng Ext 2 MW
His Ext MW
A tiny bit of bio notes

I haven't done a great deal, but I've given myself a break from most of my work until Jan... which is now, so I'm starting up again. It was really hard to do work immediately after school ended... But now I have to make up for that
hey welcome to BOS ! im just wondering what topic are you doing for your history extension major work and what case study are you doing? anyways good luck with everything !

Bookie

Banned
HSC
lusername said:
A friend of mine is doing English Ext. 2. He's doing his major work on J.R.R. Tolkien, to go with his speculative fiction studies in Ext. 1 on... Tolkien. Big Lord of the Rings buff, my friend is.
Id beat his ass and a half in a tolkien-off anyday.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Hiya Ellie
Welcome to BOS. Happy new year!
I'm doing EE2 and History extension like urself
Did heaps on EE2 last term, now that 2006 is here, my lovely 'break' is over and now i'll resume wooooork.

Ciao
Token Llama.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Ellie_Belly said:
Hey everyone, just registered at BOS.
Welcome hugs to BOS.
It's finally the HSC year for everyone doing their HSC in 2006... How is everyone feeling about it?
I'm feeling fairly confident, but I can't say I don't have worries.
Yeh, i know. I'm doing ok so far, it could get worse though
Is anyone doing Eng Ext 2?
I'm not

Ellie_Belly

HSC
Richie Rich said:
I'm feeling pretty good about the HSC. I started doing some real work(not just perusing various books) a few days ago. Im doing Extension 2 english and I have started to do some thorough and intricate analysis and research for my major work. All in all, going off to a good start.
Sounds good. What genre are you doing? I'm doing short story. So far I've written about 5 typed pages of it, and I'm experimenting with some post-modern techniques, but I'm not quite sure if it's working so far. I have the plot clear in my mind, it's just getting it onto the paper in a tangible form that I need to do.
I've done some research, but I need to do a lot more- it's a complex idea I have to write about, which makes it challenging but also interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)