• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSC people of 2006 (1 Viewer)

Ellie_Belly

HSC
My dad's favourite is Angel of Harlem.

My favourite album is the best of 1980-1990. Desire, the Unforgettable Fire, With or without you, october... yeah, there are a lot of good songs. I also like some from their latest album, like A man and a woman, city of blinding lights, miracle drug...
one, stay (faraway, so close!), miss sarajevo, mysterious ways...

i can't believe i got tickets. what a fluke.

Ellie_Belly

HSC
Geez, this is turning into a U2 thread...

If anyone is here, please ignore the gushing about U2. I want to know if anyone is doing EE2, or History Ext, or any other subjects I'm doing (check my profile), and how you feel about things at this stage.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Ellie, how are you finding the English Advanced course so far?

Ellie_Belly

HSC
Hey Riviet

The course is pretty good I think. We've done journey so far, which is good because it's so broad that practically every movie or book has a journey in it. It's easy to find a text of your own choosing!
The first assessment we had was a speech on journey, which I got 68.5/70 for and was very happy with. So the assessments are good, too, although that one SEEMED very difficult.
The novel we're studying for journey "My Place", is really really terrible, but what can you do?

What are your thoughts on the course?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Ellie_Belly said:
Geez, this is turning into a U2 thread...

If anyone is here, please ignore the gushing about U2. I want to know if anyone is doing EE2, or History Ext, or any other subjects I'm doing (check my profile), and how you feel about things at this stage.
hey im doing history extension x]` generally we havent done much in class except go through the basis of the "what is history?" part of the course. despite that im really enjoying it at the moment. for my major work however i find that it's getting a bit frustrating, primarey because of the amount reading i have to do. thus i have lost a bit of motivation but im sure it come back. anyways what have you done for your major work at this moment in time?

Ellie_Belly

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
hey im doing history extension x]` generally we havent done much in class except go through the basis of the "what is history?" part of the course. despite that im really enjoying it at the moment. for my major work however i find that it's getting a bit frustrating, primarey because of the amount reading i have to do. thus i have lost a bit of motivation but im sure it come back. anyways what have you done for your major work at this moment in time?
History Extension is like a rollercoaster for me. There are some lessons where I'll love what we're learning about and others where I just want to fall asleep from boredom.
For my Major Work, I've handed in my proposal and got 14/15 for it. I've also done a bit of my journal, but I need to catch up on it. I've also started my bibliography and I've done some research.
I think soon I need to go to a library and get some better sources of information. I want to stary my essay before the end of these school holidays.

up all nite

HSC
hey everyone, im actually quite nervous abt the HSC this year.. its like, everytime i think of it.. i get this sickening feeling in my stomach.. does any1 else get that? lol...
i dont't feel confident abt HSC...jst scared shitless and nervous lol half of it is because i havn't started studying..

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
up all nite said:
hey everyone, im actually quite nervous abt the HSC this year.. its like, everytime i think of it.. i get this sickening feeling in my stomach.. does any1 else get that? lol...
i dont't feel confident abt HSC...jst scared shitless and nervous lol half of it is because i havn't started studying..
Try not to worry so hard now the HSC is still >200 days away and we still have another 3 terms to go until it’s all over. Try your best at everything you do wether that be assessments, assignments, exams or study and remember there is still plenty of time left for study most people that are study now are reading ahead or summarising notes etc.

The HSC is still on the horizon, just remember ‘a little bit at a time’ and it won’t seem so overwhelming. Enjoy your final year of school but remember to have a balance between work\study and relaxing.

vg_woz_here

HSC
im a lil nervous...but big deal..everyone is prob on the same boat as everyone else...

i really dont care...the more u worry about it..the more u get stressed and start panicking....

cant wait til its over :)

Ellie_Belly

HSC
vg_woz_here said:
im a lil nervous...but big deal..everyone is prob on the same boat as everyone else...

i really dont care...the more u worry about it..the more u get stressed and start panicking....

cant wait til its over :)

Yeah, me too. I think I'm less stressed about it as the days go by, because it really is just an exam.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Ellie_Belly said:
Hey Riviet

The course is pretty good I think. We've done journey so far, which is good because it's so broad that practically every movie or book has a journey in it. It's easy to find a text of your own choosing!
The first assessment we had was a speech on journey, which I got 68.5/70 for and was very happy with. So the assessments are good, too, although that one SEEMED very difficult.
The novel we're studying for journey "My Place", is really really terrible, but what can you do?

What are your thoughts on the course?
Wow, Congrats with your result on that speech!

I did physical journeys last term and thought it was alright, wedid Huck Finn at my school as our prescribed text, something different to PS's poems, which is what most other schools are doing.

Ellie_Belly

HSC
Everyone, if you're stressed about this year, I really recommend that you buy a book called, "Surviving Year 12, A sanity kit for students and their parents", written by Dr. Michael Carr-Gregg.
It puts the HSC into perspective, and since reading it I've started to look at it from a much healthier and more realistic perspective.
If you're a stress-head, GET THE BOOK.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Ellie_Belly said:
Everyone, if you're stressed about this year, I really recommend that you buy a book called, "Surviving Year 12, A sanity kit for students and their parents", written by Dr. Michael Carr-Gregg.
It puts the HSC into perspective, and since reading it I've started to look at it from a much healthier and more realistic perspective.
If you're a stress-head, GET THE BOOK.
Hmm... I think I saw that book at the book store. Sounds like a good read. :)

Remember kids: the hsc is a stepping stone, not a mountain. ;)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
after we finish our journey of climbing the hill of the hsc, we will realise that its not the end but thats it's actually a fckn mountain ><

vg_woz_here

HSC
lol where abouts the bookstore? the education section?

and how much does it cost?!?!

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Ellie-belly, Hey is that survival guide the macquarie one or the excel one (by Peter Sheahan)

68.5/70 for your speech ellie? That's a great mark- well done! That's nearly 98% but im wondering why your speech was out of 70- that many marks.

Bookie, it couldve been a really popular book in the libraries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)