HSC English --> Ask your questions (1 Viewer)

abc123yoyo

HSC
Now im rly confused :3 haha i will practice an exam n see how i go n thanks for the help I hope it isnt a quote n how many times did u repeat the question throughout ur essay? I am planning to do it as much as i can judging by other peoples comments

abc123yoyo

HSC
Wait, ik the answer to that is obvious but i am wondering if i will get penalised if they are weak links or too repetitive

ayesharivera

HSC
What are the best Themes to use in Frankenstein/Bladerunner that could be moulded to any question?!? How many should we have, and what would be the best way to structure this essay?

E

Effekt

The first question last year was "Describe how the image depicts the idea of belonging or not belonging to a family." Because it uses the word how i assume it would be asking for techniques but in the answer sheet it says as a sample "The image depicts four figures with their bodies merging at points, suggesting a close family unit." I don't see any techniques there unless bodies merging is a technique?

inoubliable

HSC
Hi,
Ok so two questions:
1. For Paper 1 Comprehension, the last question always asks for a comparison/contrast of how 2 or more texts portray belonging/not belonging etc - for that answer, can we use the analysis/same techniques that we have already written for answers to the previous questions??
So, if we've answered in Qu 1a that the poem uses evocative language etc etc, can we use that same example in question 1e??
I hope that makes sense!
2. Secondly, for Mod A, Exploring Connections (Letters to Alice and PP) - will we be okay if we have paragraphs prepared on the reshaping of 3 values, then change to suit the question?? I just don't understand what type of questions they can ask for that module.
Thanks!!!!

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
Wait, ik the answer to that is obvious but i am wondering if i will get penalised if they are weak links or too repetitive
too much of anything is bad so is too little of anything.. Do it whenever you can, but if you fell you're getting repetitive, the use synonyms.

inoubliable

HSC
For a creative writing piece, is 740 words too less?
I heard to always have a shorter creative writing piece, because then you have more time on the essay. Besides, it gives you more time to change your piece to suit the question/stimulus.

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
The first question last year was "Describe how the image depicts the idea of belonging or not belonging to a family." Because it uses the word how i assume it would be asking for techniques but in the answer sheet it says as a sample "The image depicts four figures with their bodies merging at points, suggesting a close family unit." I don't see any techniques there unless bodies merging is a technique?
that is definitely a feature/technique. so is the different coloured people. look for the obvious

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
Hi,
Ok so two questions:
1. For Paper 1 Comprehension, the last question always asks for a comparison/contrast of how 2 or more texts portray belonging/not belonging etc - for that answer, can we use the analysis/same techniques that we have already written for answers to the previous questions??
So, if we've answered in Qu 1a that the poem uses evocative language etc etc, can we use that same example in question 1e??
I hope that makes sense!
2. Secondly, for Mod A, Exploring Connections (Letters to Alice and PP) - will we be okay if we have paragraphs prepared on the reshaping of 3 values, then change to suit the question?? I just don't understand what type of questions they can ask for that module.
Thanks!!!!
1. I'm not too sure about this one - Some say it is OK to repeat. I personally didn't do so though
2. yes. that is perfectly fine.. just have paragraphs that show what Austen says about marriage for example and what this says about her context and what does Weldon say about marriage (does she support Austen's view, does she challenge Austen's view or does she provide a completely different interpretation).. so inn turn what does this say about Weldon's context. the key is to link to context? i.e. what are they saying about the inherent values of their context).

inoubliable

HSC
1. I'm not too sure about this one - Some say it is OK to repeat. I personally didn't do so though
2. yes. that is perfectly fine.. just have paragraphs that show what Austen says about marriage for example and what this says about her context and what does Weldon say about marriage (does she support Austen's view, does she challenge Austen's view or does she provide a completely different interpretation).. so inn turn what does this say about Weldon's context. the key is to link to context? i.e. what are they saying about the inherent values of their context).
Thanks so much, this really helps!
With Mod A again, the question in 2009 was about an understanding of relationships and identity - how would you link prepared paragraphs on the values of self-liberation, literature and role of women etc to relationships and identity???

Thanks so so much for all your help x

inoubliable

HSC
Sorry, last question
If this was the belonging section II creative question: "Human beings, like plants, grow in the soil of acceptance, not in the atmosphere of rejection. Using this quotation, write an imaginative piece that celebrates the ways relationships contribute to a sense of belonging."
Could you talk about negative relationships = sense of alienation?? Or would that be risky not to talk about belonging as such
And, with my creative, I leave the story 'hanging', the ending is very ambiguous - although do you think it would be better to end it with my main character happy and belonging etc??

E

Effekt

I've prepared a story that is full of techniques in first person, it's sort of like a recount from the past (in a story) and then at the end talks about the present. Is that alright to use and change to answer the question?

B

becz94

may well be, you never know, but again I have my doubts.. it always say an imaginative piece of writing etc, to keep it broad

but in that case you can say, today I'd like to share with you a story - [insert creative]
but since it is a speech it will be wise to have a reflection on your sense/the persona's sense of belonging to make it more direct and include rhetorical questions etc
If i do this (if its a speech), will I get marked down because I didn't make the effort to convert the entire story into a speech? Or is it ok to just include the story as part of the speech

Filla94

HSC
Are u allowed to use previous language techniques from early q to help answer q5 of paper 1 section 1

ziella

HSC
Hey,

For the creative writing, if they do not specify a text type, can we choose to write a letter? Also which other text type could we do (aside from narrative and speech)?

Thanks!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hey,

For the creative writing, if they do not specify a text type, can we choose to write a letter? Also which other text type could we do (aside from narrative and speech)?

Thanks!
You can. But no idea why you'd want to - keep it simple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)