HSC Assessments- Thoughts/Results (2 Viewers)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
hopeles5ly said:
i wish that day never comes ..

The sooner you get it over with the better, trust me =P

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Hey, it doesn't "look" that bad, your assessments are spread over 5-6 weeks, it doesn't get much better than that in my opinion. I've had 3 assessments in a week for two weeks (last year term 4), extremely hectic for me but it went by fast which was the only advantage of having them all cluttered together. Anyway good luck with the assessments, my advice to you is to get working now! :)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
Hey, it doesn't "look" that bad, your assessments are spread over 5-6 weeks, it doesn't get much better than that in my opinion. I've had 3 assessments in a week for two weeks (last year term 4), extremely hectic for me but it went by fast which was the only advantage of having them all cluttered together. Anyway good luck with the assessments, my advice to you is to get working now! :)
prior to prelims i had 3 assignments all clogged up together with due dates very close together. thank God i got an extenstion for my modern history. did it after my prelims ^^ ;;

i still find it quite slack for trebla as it would kill a lot of his study. anyways good luck with it dude ! im sure you be fine =]

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Riviet said:
lol. In term 4, I had three assessments spread over a week. (or 2 weeks depending on how you look at it). On Thursday Week 8, I had my English AOS essay assessment task. The next day, (Friday Week 8) was my Mathematics short examination. The following Tuesday (Week 9) was my Mathematics Extension 1 assessment.
Also, all those science research tasks require thorough research at home so I'm going to be constantly researching. That plus homework from my other subjects.... These science assessments are worth 25% each, so that's a noticable chunk of my final assessment mark. It may not look like much, but keep in mind the research tasks are based the OPTION topics, which is a topic I've never done before, nor will we cover it class until term 3.
The major obstacle for me would be the half yearlies. It usually takes me about a whole week or two to revise and study for all my subjects. With an assessment task every week for 5 consecutive weeks preluding the half yearly exams, finding any time for revision, other than the last minute, is going to be very tough.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I for one will be glad when Thursday 19th October comes and goes as it will be the begining of the end. YAY!

warstalker

I dunno
HSC
Did i stuff my chances of getting 95 UAI already??

i got 60.5/70 for ISP SOR2 Unit rank would be like 5th or 6th
math extension 1 15/50 :( I know its disappointing rank ummm 13th??
business studies 9/20 ( I usually get 18/20 but dont know what happened)
English Advanced 13/20 and 6/15 (combined worth 15% i went average in skool)

Also 2Unit math but that doesnt count cause i do 4UNit math... Other subjects that havent been tested are physics and 4UNit math...

I go to a crap skool like ranked around 300... ALL exams above are worth 15% of skool assessment.. Do i still have chance of getting 95UAI if i get like top 10 results for the rest of my tests in every subject. Some might be even top 3. I can do alot better in business and math 3Unit...both i can get top 5 in them. HELP

P

pLuvia

Yeh exactly, might as well get it over and done with

My half yearlies I think are week 10 and 11, very close

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
warstalker said:
Did i stuff my chances of getting 95 UAI already??

i got 60.5/70 for ISP SOR2 Unit rank would be like 5th or 6th
math extension 1 15/50 :( I know its disappointing rank ummm 13th??
business studies 9/20 ( I usually get 18/20 but dont know what happened)
English Advanced 13/20 and 6/15 (combined worth 15% i went average in skool)

Also 2Unit math but that doesnt count cause i do 4UNit math... Other subjects that havent been tested are physics and 4UNit math...

I go to a crap skool like ranked around 300... ALL exams above are worth 15% of skool assessment.. Do i still have chance of getting 95UAI if i get like top 10 results for the rest of my tests in every subject. Some might be even top 3. I can do alot better in business and math 3Unit...both i can get top 5 in them. HELP
nothings impossible. you'll be fine =] just kill every other assessment !

P

pLuvia

Of course, this is only the beginning, ace the half yearlies and trials and obviously the HSC and you should be fine. Especially the ranks if you get there

Stopsign

HSC
N/A
Yeh, use this time (including the trials) to prepare yourself for the external HSC exams.

P

pLuvia

How come? For my last 3u test it was ranked by topics for some odd reason :confused:

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
I was absolutley stoked with results from last term.
100% in e2
100% in eng adv
98% in drama
100% in art
94% in French

Im a very happy chappy, but weve got exams in a few weeks and im afraid i suffered a strong dose of the Chrissie break homework blues.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
hazaar said:
100% in e2
100% in eng adv
98% in drama
100% in art
94% in French

Im a very happy chappy, but weve got exams in a few weeks and im afraid i suffered a strong dose of the Chrissie break homework blues.
excellent work mate ! i can see a 100 coming your way.

up all nite

HSC
good on ya hazar those marks r soo goood u diserve it buddy...

so ENGLISH(adv)-100%
BIOLOGY-50%
PDHPE-67%
BUSINESS STUDIES-62%
MATHS-20%(general)..I hate maths, its my worst subject,.. cannot stand it!!!
i need to pull my socks up to get a UAI over 80% tho...

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

100% in e2
100% in eng adv
98% in drama
100% in art
94% in French

Nice work ;) Easy tests? and which school?

Just on the note up all nite, UAI is a rank not a percentage :p

nickswann

HSC
hmm im a little unhappy about the whole thing at the moment

advanced english: 80%
ext 1 : 80%
ext 2 : 90%
art: 100%, 96%
physics: 75%
french cont: not yet
gen maths: 80% (holy fuck it was the shittest feeling to receive this mark, id gotten 95-100 in all topic tests)

i think i might just go and cry now.

P

pLuvia

nickswann said:
hmm im a little unhappy about the whole thing at the moment

advanced english: 80%
ext 1 : 80%
ext 2 : 90%
art: 100%, 96%
physics: 75%
french cont: not yet
gen maths: 80% (holy fuck it was the shittest feeling to receive this mark, id gotten 95-100 in all topic tests)

i think i might just go and cry now.
What was your ranks?

nickswann

HSC
i have no idea, id say top 15% in all give or take. Physics maybe not. arg its all really depressing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)