• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSC Assessments- Thoughts/Results (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
It also depends on what course you do, something like history will require pretty much no maths whereas in other courses like sciences and engineer, you will do tertiary maths.

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
And they will probably have to go through bridging courses, to be up to the level of other students if they are doing a course which requires a higher level of maths. Anyway doing 4u maths will definitely be an advantage if your going do science/eng or like actuarial studies.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
2 unit Maths: 49/50 (1st). As an explanation, I'm doing 4-unit, but we still do the 2-unit assessments in case we drop down. I just forgot the "+c" in primitive functions. Stupid c...

I_F

Riviet

HSC
N/A
25/30 in MX1, which ranks me equal 2nd for this assessment. Had a few silly mistakes but still content with that result. :)

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
The rest of the ext1 grade, i.e. the other 24 or so people, get their ext1 assessment back tomorrow. I'm hoping my 13.5/15 can hold up to them hehe, the numero uno of the grade and the number two of the grade are in the class as well though, and they'll probably trump me lol.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
ScottyG said:
The rest of the ext1 grade, i.e. the other 24 or so people, get their ext1 assessment back tomorrow.
Just curious but how come you got your assessment back before the others?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
hmm. mx1 result:
2nd in class with 73%.
considerably happy with this mark ... seeing i was realllllly sick a few days beforehand ..

H

housemouse

Although I do MX2, I still had to do the 2 unit 2nd assessment just because my coordinator is worried we might want to drop 4 unit later on if we struggle (because my school is gay).

So for my 2unit exam i got 36/36. Too bad it doesnt count.

P

pLuvia

Japanese extension listening - 20/30 6th out 7th :(

Last edited by a moderator:

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
lol! congras to pplz!

aw andy. dw. i have done worse deals. xD

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Riviet said:
Just curious but how come you got your assessment back before the others?
I asked for the result prior to the weekend, he didn't give me our comments sheet or nothing though.

Seems the other extension teacher is in hospital and having an operation today, she's my ext2 english teacher as well. It's such a shame, she's such a nice lady and is kind to everyone. That means the other class won't get marks back, nor will anyone get comment sheets back, so we're all in limbo for the time being.

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
i got an english assessment next week...in class written conversation dialogue thing of two people arguing with two different readings about two gwen harwood poems.........................

P

pLuvia

Japanese Continuers Listening - 34.5/40 3rd/8, better than extension japanese :D

Emph

HSC
English Advanced: 84% (somewhere towards the top)
IPT: 96% (1st)
Modern history: 83% (1st)
Extension Two Eng: 100% (1st)
SOR II: 80% (average)
General maths: ?
Extension One Eng: ?

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
Got Multiple Choice result for Business test. 13/15 (1st). Should be 14/15 because 0.3:1 is correct, not 1:3. Teacher would change it later. And the other mistake is like I said before, stupid account payable...:mad:

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Meh I got 8/10 for my Legal essay which was about 6/32 rankwise.. :( which I am disappointed with and is my worst result so far.

gaypsych101

HSC
OMG the most funniest thing happened in TAFE this week. We had an english (advanced) reading/writing task (weighting 10% of HSC) on monday this week and i ate this sandwitch which gave me this most awefull stomach ache right before the exam....So then i went in holding my tummy and some ditz told me i was faking it like bart simpson, and i was like, "yeah, in my dreams" cause it was just so painfull. Anyways, i almost vomited and they gave me a half hour extention after i rejoined the class, but then the power went out in TAFE (yeah, TAFE is really shonky and cheapo) so we had to evacuate and stuff (that was one hour into the exam and the exam was about analysing three text) so it had to be posponed untill tommorow.
And the dumb thing is they didn't invent a new test, they said we could just finish the same exam (after leaving and then comming back to class) so everyone was like "yeah! i'm gonna look these texts up on the internet and redo something tommorow" and well....that's just stupid of TAFE but good for us students cause most people probably planned something, and i think that's why everyone finished the test so quick the next day... So yeah...just another weird day at TAFE.

*edit) Wow....it toke so long to type this thing that two people actually posted before i did. lol.

Last edited:

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Emph said:
English Advanced: 84% (somewhere towards the top)
IPT: 96% (1st)
Modern history: 83% (1st)
Extension Two Eng: 100% (1st)
SOR II: 80% (average)
General maths: ?
Extension One Eng: ?
Jeebus, nicely done.

Koray

HSC
Since it is the morning I have an business studies assessment in 10 hours.

Account and Finance Topic worth 20%.

I was studying for a good 3hours today, though I feel there a few things I am weak at in the topic and some of the things I am very strong in. It really depends I could hit 90 or be somewhere in 70's.

I got this asssessment 8 days before the assessment so I was disadvantaged from beginning.

Bullshit to be fukn honest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)