how much sleep are you getting? (1 Viewer)

How Much Hours of Sleep Do You Get?

• < 5 hrs

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • 5~6 hrs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7~8 hrs

• 9+ hrs

• Total voters

bouncing

HSC
Yeh I have, she says Im not going to bother, you never wake up anyway. :(

life sucks
HAHA
you sound like me:L
i stuck signs on my bedroom door saying please wake me up :(

LOL WHERE DO WE GET THIS ALARAM CLOCK U SPEAK OF?? IT SOUNDS AWESOME!!

also i made my favourite song my alarm clock thinking it would make me want to wake up- now i hate this song FML :(

kcqn93

HSC
try having a song with more.. energy ?

something like Heaven Shall Burn - Endziet

fishfingerz

HSC
4. then every 3 weeks or so i just sleep for an entire day
wow, does that work? how is your concentration level?
man all the grown ups keep saying "when i was your age i use to only sleep 5-6 hrs" and blah blah blah... so much work to cover, i know...but for those that only sleep 5-6hrs, how can you concentrate? even my chem teacher says we should only get 5 hrs of sleep from now until the week before the trials, so we can cover everything in depth. and the week leading up to the trials sleep for 8-9 hrs to recompense.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
wow, does that work? how is your concentration level?
man all the grown ups keep saying "when i was your age i use to only sleep 5-6 hrs" and blah blah blah... so much work to cover, i know...but for those that only sleep 5-6hrs, how can you concentrate? even my chem teacher says we should only get 5 hrs of sleep from now until the week before the trials, so we can cover everything in depth. and the week leading up to the trials sleep for 8-9 hrs to recompense.
i'm a recovering insomniac. but then every few weeks i get absolutely exhausted and just die for an entire day. believe it or not, but 4 hours is better than what i used to be like

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
hehe mission successful then :D

and do you have a link to one of those new alarm clocks you're talking about?
ThinkGeek :: Clocky Robotic Alarm
but they're kind of expensive =\

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8W82WdRBx4E&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8W82WdRBx4E&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

kcqn93

HSC

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8W82WdRBx4E&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8W82WdRBx4E&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
omg too much effort, i would just let it go crazy in my room lol

xMaNx

HSC

looks good, I need one.

and I thought that guy was gonna go back to sleep lol

super.muppy

HSC
get one of those weird new alarm clocks with wheels that wakes you up and then runs away so you have to get out of bed and chase it to make it shutup. alternatively, design a wallace&gromit style contraption for your bed =\

but I know what you mean, every morning when my alarm goes off I turn it off and go back to sleep, and when I next wake up I have no recollection of it whatsoever.

also, your sig makes my eyes hurt haha >__>
srsly need one of those to wake me up on a sunday. i hit the bed at 1~2 usually at around 1:30 i doze off every five seconds, but i've found that if you stand and study it prolongs your alert time thus enabling you to stay up longer, that and taking a whiff of the coffee jar every 10 secs.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
LOL but im use to it? i've been sleeping like that for the past 3 years or so.. :(
were you aware that not getting enough sleep actually ages you faster and can be a contributor to a shortened life span?

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
were you aware that not getting enough sleep actually ages you faster and can be a contributor to a shortened life span?
really? O.O" I tried sleeping earlier.. doesn't work. I just wake up 6 hours later :(

fishfingerz

HSC
wait..does having your eyes closed and lying down in bed, listening to music or radio, does that count as sleeping? does anyone else do that? listen to music/radio and fall asleep?

wrecking

derp.
HSC
wait..does having your eyes closed and lying down in bed, listening to music or radio, does that count as sleeping? does anyone else do that? listen to music/radio and fall asleep?
lol no.
i do that and end up sleeping at 4-5am

bouncing

HSC
haha i want that clock! i would be so excited on my first day of having this alarm clock seriously :L i would probably be up before it actually goes off

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
You guys should be getting 6 hours + sleep during high stress periods, and at -least- 7-8 hours sleep on the night before an exam (or 'good' periods).
If you have less sleep, the marks you may gain from the information you cram, you'll lose twice as many from concentration/mind-tiredness in terms of calculation errors, calculator fuck ups, silly mistakes, grammatical/syntax errors.

Just go to sleep.

badquinton304

HSC
I almost always get 7-8 hours regardless of exam period because I tend to spread my study more throughout the year. More than 8/1/2 hours makes me drowsy same for less than 6 hours.

You guys should be getting 6 hours + sleep during high stress periods, and at -least- 7-8 hours sleep on the night before an exam (or 'good' periods).
If you have less sleep, the marks you may gain from the information you cram, you'll lose twice as many from concentration/mind-tiredness in terms of calculation errors, calculator fuck ups, silly mistakes, grammatical/syntax errors.

Just go to sleep.
This is true. Especially for high stakes exams (UMAT) or exams where you don't have a minute to fuck around (english).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)