How much does school rank really have an affect on ATAR? (1 Viewer)

arjun9194

HSC
N/A
How much does school rank really have an affect on your ATAR?
as far as i know i go to a school that is ranked somewhere in the 680's (LOLS) but does that mean i cant get 95+ ATAR?
4+ people in my school got scholarships lastyear and got ATARS of 95+?
so i just wanted to know if i can also do good with school affecting my so much?

thanks a lot in advance

HSC
N/A
it doesn't have any affect.

the school ranking system is only an indication of how well your cohort will achieve, thus it primarily affects scaling

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I wouldn't say 'no effect'. But everything is in your hands - the world is your oyster. I'd say school ranking has something to do with: 'how likely you are to do well', but is certainly not the only determinant.

arjun9194

HSC
N/A
so does that mean i can get a 93ish+ ATAR, if i put my head down to it and stay at the school ranked somewhere in the 680's?

HSC
N/A
so does that mean i can get a 93ish+ ATAR, if i put my head down to it and stay at the school ranked somewhere in the 680's?
sure man.

but you will have a better chance if you move to a higher ranked school,
but the decision is entirely up to you.

at that new school you might meet someone that hates you, or some girl might like you, or you might like some other girl which turns into some drama.

wazz_21

HSC
DOes anybody now how the actually atar i ranked like is it only on how well u do in the HSC exam or do ur assesments come into it aswell

some please explain

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
DOes anybody now how the actually atar i ranked like is it only on how well u do in the HSC exam or do ur assesments come into it aswell

some please explain

The ATAR uses all the marks from the exams and the school submitted assessments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)