How much do u spend? (1 Viewer)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I usually go for the more moderately priced brands of bras (bigw-esque). Once I decided to splash out on a 'nice' bra (can't remember the brand), which cost about twice what I'd usually pay. It felt fine when I tried it on but it turned out to be one of the most uncomfortable bras I own (sticks into me in weird places), so I rarely wear it. So price and branding doesn't automatically equal comfort. My most comfortable bra cost me $7. I wear it all the time.

Last edited:

Skeeta

HSC
i have issues with bras (as you might already have noticed)

i'm just a weird size. i wish they made bra's in 8's, but larger cup sizes

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
*~Dazed~* said:
On that note, i am absolutely sick of women's pyjama shorts all being cotton!
I want boxers god damn it.
if i remember correctly, i think there may have been boxers on the PA site???
if not, i always see boxers in BNT, Kmart, Myer etc.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
PA?

Yeah but myer only has boxers in the mens section and apart from the starsign ones (which i already own) there is no way i am going to wear playboy ones or ones with cartoon dicks on them with weird comments.

I went into Bras and Things and they directed me to cotton pyjamas when i asked for boxers and i havent tried kmart or target yet because its usually that really thin satiny material that sticks to you. Mitchdown and the like are the best but like i said... GIRLS PLEASE!

sabdow

HSC
Lainee said:
I read in an article a few months ago that the average Australian woman spends $12 on clothes a week.

That's roughly $48 a month or $624 a year. I suppose the average man would be spending around that amount as well.

If you asked me last year when I was in high school than I'd say $600 a year would have been me. :) But come uni this year I'm realising how much I actually spend on clothes. I kinda buy stuff in random spurts though (sale times :p ) but averaging it out I probably spend... $200-$300 a month? :eek: That's five times as much as the average woman.
Why do you think the average woman spends $12 a week on clothing? It's because of the baby-boomer period. It has settled to the baby boomers being at around 40-58 years old now. Why the hell would they need to be spending money on new clothes and the such? That's why the figure is like that.

Always

HSC
Skeeta said:
i have issues with bras (as you might already have noticed)

i'm just a weird size. i wish they made bra's in 8's, but larger cup sizes
I have the EXACT same problem! They should make bras in 8B, really.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
*~Dazed~* said:
PA?

Yeah but myer only has boxers in the mens section and apart from the starsign ones (which i already own) there is no way i am going to wear playboy ones or ones with cartoon dicks on them with weird comments.

I went into Bras and Things and they directed me to cotton pyjamas when i asked for boxers and i havent tried kmart or target yet because its usually that really thin satiny material that sticks to you. Mitchdown and the like are the best but like i said... GIRLS PLEASE!
oh, PA = Peter Alexander

Lainee

HSC
sabdow said:
Why do you think the average woman spends $12 a week on clothing? It's because of the baby-boomer period. It has settled to the baby boomers being at around 40-58 years old now. Why the hell would they need to be spending money on new clothes and the such? That's why the figure is like that.
Well obviously that might be a reason. I did say the *average* Australian woman, so across socio-economic, age and lifestyle differences that's what the figure is. For every $300* pair of jeans an 18-25 year old woman buys there is a 40 year old with two mortgages and 3 kids who barely spends that much in a year.

* Not condoning the excessive price tag by the way, it's just a sad reality that designer jeans have had their prices hiked up to the ceiling.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
High prices maintain exclusivity....they wouldn't be so prized if everyone could afford them....

HSC
I guess...

My impression is that most investments are fairly risky, especially if you were wanting returns in such a short time (the woman is 40, right?)... Property may be less risky than the share market, but it is still not a guaranteed return.

If you couldn't afford to spend $300 a year on clothing for 3 kids and one adult, why would you have two mortgages...? Or is it one of those situations where she can afford it, but she's asian (read: tightarse)?

I know i'm being nitpicky about the situation, but yeah.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Property is the safest and most fruitful investment...particularly Sydney. Property will never devalue in the long run in a city.

Always

HSC
Ms 12 said:
Property is the safest and most fruitful investment...particularly Sydney. Property will never devalue in the long run in a city.
So true, plus the rent from the property is almost enough to cover the mortgage anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)