How much do u spend? (1 Viewer)

HSC
alby said:
no its not...this' what you have places like best & less for hon. so you'll spend $100 on your underwear, but you dont care what a guy's wearing as long as it's clean & not holey...righto... no its not. well *maybe* if you live in sydney AND you've got (relatively) expensive *stares at people like ozzie* tastes..but generally, no
I used to wear generic underwear (asian family :p), but once you switch to better quality underwear, you understand why it costs more.

You simply cannot go from wearing an Elle Macpherson bra to a Best & Less bra. I've tried, it's uncomfortable to the point of distraction.

The cheap bra was visible through my shirt, was too thick and didn't leave room for air, didn't provide enough support, the shoulder straps were too thin and sharp, and the bra didn't move with my body (it preferred to let things hang out at the front and strangle my back) and to top it all off, after a few months some of the wire started wearing through the cup.

I would rather pay an extra $40 for a bra which i won't have to rearrange every hour which will last me a year or two.

Always

HSC
natstar said:
I know when I was living at home and working (the year before I went to uni) I was spending hundreds a month on clothes, shoes, entertainment etc. When I moved out it kinda hit me and was a shock to discover that there are more important things to buy like food and rent, and I could not now get the stuff I could get in the past. A lot of sacrificing had to be done
Very true. This sounds very superficial of me, but I can't stand the thought of not being able to afford nice clothes. One of my greatest enjoyments in life revolves around fashion. So the only sacrifice I can imagine making is substituting the dearer designer pieces for chainstore-imitations..

Always

HSC
ToO LaZy ^* said:
or you could go free-range like all girls should :)
A lot do. ;) Especially in summer.

Winter = cold nipples
Summer = too uncomfortable to wear a bra, thus bra is non-existent

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Girls with small perky boobs could get away with going braless. I, however, could not.

HSC
ToO LaZy ^* said:
or you could go free-range like all girls should :)
oh gosh, i totally wish i could do that. too bad i'm not a cupsize A or B.

as fo rthe whole underwear thing, i could spend more than $200 on underwear garments in one go! and best & less suck at stocking sizes, i can never find the right sizes the cuter bras i find there only have stocl from 8-10A to 14C, so i have to go to bras n things, myer, etc to find nice bras in small back sizes but larger cup sizes.

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
Haha. I spent about 300 ringgit in...2 weeks in Malaysia? Thankfully that amounts to perhaps $100 (and my relatives gave it to me anyhow, because they felt sorry for me being cooped up)
What else.

At home my yearly expenditure is probably around the $600 mark, but it's normally concentrated during the summer holidays (during which I get my birthday/christmas money), and sometimes a short break in the June-July holidays if I need winter wear.

I also have a gift for scrimping things out of my mother's closet when she thinks they're "too young" for her. And since I haven't grown for five years, most of my staples don't need replacing.

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
i spend a lot of my money of other people's b'day presents. They always cost so much money. Particularly for my best friend. we spend so much money on each other... but its reciprocal, and she's practically my sister anyway, so i dont mind much.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
it all depends on what i need, and how much i like something and how much my mum loves when i find clothes i want (not need).
when i was in byron bay, i spent close to $300 in one week on clothes. $180+ on tops.

and i totally understand the $100 on underwear in 15 or how many mins.
i could easily spend $200 on underwear in about 10mins.
if only i had $200 to spend on underwear...

alby

cool duckie
HSC
to everyone about the expensive underwear:
yes, it may look sexy and it *may* fit you perfectly (not always), but you've gotta think about it perspectively - if you spend $100-200 on underwear in 1 go, how much're you going to spend on other clothes?

1) (if you do) you cant get cash from your parents for every piece of clothing you want to buy - they have more to worry about than their daughters (and sons?) clothing wants. NEEDs (absolute essentials), i'm sure some wouldnt mind THAT much, but you need to realise that you cant go to mum and/or dad for those 100s of dollars you need per month for some 'hot'/'must have' clothes & shoes.

2) as nat said, you're going to get a very rude shock when you move out. even going to uni/tafe/work everyday and still living at home puts a hole in your pocket.

a good bra may last you a good year or two, but good bras dont need to cost THAT much! personally, i dont see the purpose in spending $80+ on a bra from places like bras n things or a designer one (elle, kylie, etc). i know that people with larger boobies need extra support and i acknowledge and accept their need to spend more on bras; but as a B cup, i can get pretty good support from a $25 or less kayser, etc bra.

as for matching sets, i have 1 and the bra doesnt even fit me (massive bra cup, fitting undies). sure i try to match black with black, but i dont really care about trying to match colours/white (*shudders at white sets*..WHO looks good in white undies?!?!).

matching sets making you feel sexy - noone's really going to see other than your partner and maybe family. personally i dont feel any sexier in a random set compared to a matching colours. for important events i can understand the need to match, but can someone tell me, why bother for everyday wear?
OZGIRL86 said:
how much do you normally spend on underwear?
under $30 for bras (definitely), and under $10 for undies

Last edited:
HSC
On another note.... Peter Alexander's christmas catalogue is out!

Say hello to silk french knickers!! :p

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
i hate buying underwear.. i find it so hard to find a good fitting bra, and when i do, i feel the need to buy one in every colour. Maybe that is the price factor and i should try shopping away from target, big W and bras and things for a change?

And with briefs, i hate it because you buy it not knowing if they are even going to fit properly so i cant justify buying a nice pair (unless they are on sale) because they might not fit/be comfortable etc.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
mmm_sofay said:
i need new pyjama pants
im going to check out peter alexander now.
On that note, i am absolutely sick of women's pyjama shorts all being cotton!
I want boxers god damn it.

Skeeta

HSC
if it came down to it i would spend my life savings on a perfectly fitting custom made bra

the perfect bra makes you look good no matter what you are wearing, comforting, supportive, and isnt going to leave red indentation marks all over your chest and back

oh god.. what i would do for a perfect bra

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
i usually done have enough money to buy everything i want, but i go shopping with mum at the beggining of each season, well like summer/spring, winter/autumn..so every six months and spend..ahm too much about $800, i usually layby alot of stuff too, if i really like it..coz i neva hav the money to by it staright away.But i my mum just spent alot of money on all my stuff for the grad..so yeah

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
i bought this cute light blue silky pj set from target yesterday for $20.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)