How many answer booklets did you use? (1 Viewer)

Estelle

i used 6 booklets altogether

s1- 7 pages, s2- 12 pages, s3- 18 pages

umm yep...

deebug

in front of a computer screen somewhere * aargh my
HSC
well...i used less then one booklet for each, i mean to say.. for section one i used a page for every qustion...just a bit over two for the 8 marker...

um...i cant remember section two...but i did 6 pages for my essay. I have medium writing, not big not small...just readable (crosses fingers)

StevChe

HSC
half a page section 1
1/4 page section 2
17328908578726702740956725498075629487624876 page section 3

phatchance

HSC
News flash

Each section is equally weighted, anyone who devoted 18 pages to their essay just to let their creative and section 1 fall short will face the music when their marks roll around, don't make the same mistake in your other HSC exams. Also, markers don't want to read 2 booklets for the one answer guys, they want to read a concise answer that meets all the criteria, the essays are only marked out of 15 it's hardly a difficult thing to get those 15 marks with one to 1.5 booklets.

Personally I used 1/1/1 4 pages section 1, 5 pages section 2, 8 pages section 3. I felt that I wrote more than I needed to for section 1 and was just padding it out to try and fill pages, section III I thought was just about right and I wrote what I wanted to for my creative. I figure since I got 44/45 for AOS in the trial with 3/4/6 it should be enough.

What exactly were you people who wrote 2 booklets worth of material talking about?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
^ all my answers were 1000 wordsish and I used more than one booklet as a write big and very messily, there is no need to criticise those who used extra booklets just because you didnt

Estelle

phatchance said:
Each section is equally weighted, anyone who devoted 18 pages to their essay just to let their creative and section 1 fall short will face the music when their marks roll around, don't make the same mistake in your other HSC exams. Also, markers don't want to read 2 booklets for the one answer guys, they want to read a concise answer that meets all the criteria, the essays are only marked out of 15 it's hardly a difficult thing to get those 15 marks with one to 1.5 booklets.

Personally I used 1/1/1 4 pages section 1, 5 pages section 2, 8 pages section 3. I felt that I wrote more than I needed to for section 1 and was just padding it out to try and fill pages, section III I thought was just about right and I wrote what I wanted to for my creative. I figure since I got 44/45 for AOS in the trial with 3/4/6 it should be enough.

What exactly were you people who wrote 2 booklets worth of material talking about?
Hey i know that sounds bad but i didnt MEAN to write 18 pages for my essay, and i did use 40 minutes for each section, i think that my S2 was better than S3 anyways, its just that the essay i had practiced was reallly long and i didnt want to take anything out, plus i write big, i wasnt trying to neglect the other 2 i know its all marked equally, i only intended on writing 8 to 12 pages but thats just how it worked out, please dont accuse me of being ignorant in that i wrote too much for S3, because i know that i probably shouldnt have and i wish i could have made it shorter but i felt that what i needed to express for the question was that amount and i also feel that my section 2 was of the length it should be to portray my intended idea, so i wasnt being excessive, i know its quality not quantity, but i write large and thats just what happened okay.

And i wrote 3 booklets and we were talking about the same thing as you just more detailed i suppose or mabey you have smaller writing...

ishq

brown?
HSC
I can bet that I used the word 'Journey' ten times more than you did.

nanashi

HSC
i used one for each

how many lines were there on each page?? i didnt have time to count during the exam, and forgot to count before and after...

HSC
fuck I only did 1 per question, my total page count was maybe 18 or so, how can you guys write so much?!?! my prepared essay was plenty according to my teacher

cyclonesarah

I wrote 1 for each ... but my creative writing was crap! It started out about a video game but then ended up being about a twin who sunk in mud and died?!? I dont know what I was thinking!

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
wow, what a transition....lol

my creative was ok. but the story is just to shameful to talk about. i did the one in the middle.

belleree98

3 booklets

3 sections

Simple. Nice and easy. For humans (allusion to Nokia ads)

You know what's scary? Half the people here have shocking grammar and are unable to use FULLSTOPS. That sentence is too long, person a few posts above me.

I wasn't even counting the pages I used and you know why? I was concentrating on writing coherent pieces of writing that actually answered the question.

Funny thing that

a8o

HSC
belleree98 said:
3 booklets

3 sections

Simple. Nice and easy. For humans (allusion to Nokia ads)

You know what's scary? Half the people here have shocking grammar and are unable to use FULLSTOPS. That sentence is too long, person a few posts above me.

I wasn't even counting the pages I used and you know why? I was concentrating on writing coherent pieces of writing that actually answered the question.

Funny thing that
Your last line has no verb!

Mini Meiser

HSC
used paper

i used one for each question, total of about 17/18 pages of reasonably dense writing, my creative piece used the detour signs and was an absolute HACK. Thank god for language appropriate to audience/form because connection to the journey was WEAK! (ps: i hope quotes/techniques are enough for marks on essay, aint much on what i learned)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)