how low will you go to make the doolahs? (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
If I was incredibly desperate I'd probably resort to getting my doctor to up my dose of dexies and turn around to sell them at market rate. Otherwise 20 and no work experience is looking like bad karma on the job's market for me so I'll probably end up having to do the same thing as you are soon.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I'm not 'too good' for mcdonalds per se BUT I do think I have enough experience in other areas + enough intelligence to not have to come home with grease all over me again. I paid my dues with heaps of crappy jobs, all I want now is a crappy job where I can sit down all day and get paid a salary. is it too much to ask to want a guaranteed $400 a week? that's really not that much, once you get past rent bills groceries etc etc it leaves like $70 a week to spare

shsshs

HSC
glycerine said:
after months of trying to find something full time and living below the poverty line officially, it's time for me to bite the bullet and apply at mcdonalds. i honestly never thought i'd have to do this shit but it looks like.

what about you, what's your last resort?
lol that was me 3 wks ago~ i handed in resumes fukn everywhere - and no offers so i applied at maccas.

now working there like a slave with managers shouting condescending shit in my ear nonstop.

i too do law - commlaw at usyd - but ill hack my maccas for now.

Hey, $13.03/hr for 18yr old isnt too bad - ill probably make $1500 by the end of this holidays.

when i get finish my law degree ill be a rich lawyer sue my manager's tits off for harassment

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
if i were really, really broke and needed money urgently, i would probably resort to stripping. but only at a nice clean place... or as nice as you can get, anyway.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
shsshs said:
lol that was me 3 wks ago~ i handed in resumes fukn everywhere - and no offers so i applied at maccas.

now working there like a slave with managers shouting condescending shit in my ear nonstop.

Hey, $13.03/hr for 18yr old isnt too bad - ill probably make $1500 by the end of this holidays.

when i get finish my law degree ill be a rich lawyer sue my manager's tits off for harassment
$13.03 an hour
hmm thats ok
Boost juice was paying me only $10 for being 18 wat a rought!
I'm 19 so i should get a bit more than 13
maybe 14? :p

may go back if nothing else comes up!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
On that subject, do maccas hire staff in big groups (i.e. with signs in the window), or just take them as resumes come in?

HSC
N/A
For me it kinda goes in this order:

* Current job (dance teacher)
* academic tuition
* Retail
* Woolies/Coles etc
* Fast Food chains
... hoping to never have to go below that!

Luckily I've never had to go 'lower' on my list than academic tuition, so I should count myself quite lucky. The downside is that I don't get benefits like superannuation, but the hours are normally good and the pay is also good, so :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Tuition is one of the most dogshit horrible jobs ever though, because the students you get are all so mind numbingly stupid.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
withoutaface said:
On that subject, do maccas hire staff in big groups (i.e. with signs in the window), or just take them as resumes come in?
They usually do put a sign out of the windows
They get the amount they required
then call in for individual interviews
the orientation stuff is done in groups though
thats what most stores do- Castle hill did that

however other stores, eg castle towers
what they do is they have interviews every monday. So usually school kids rock up on a mon for an interview with their resume.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
chelsea girl said:
if i were really, really broke and needed money urgently, i would probably resort to stripping. but only at a nice clean place... or as nice as you can get, anyway.
Call me

A friend of mine ate a bowl of chilli for $20. I usually borrow money myself though

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
shsshs said:

hahah i wish i could still consider $1500 in over a month a large amount :( why is this world so expensive

i actually got a full time job, at the norton grocers deli but i really really really don't want it. as in i'd rather fucking go back to uni. i'm meant to start on monday at 7am but it's very tempting to go in tomorrow, hand back the uniform, collect the money i already earned and go collect some youth allowance instead

Skeeta

HSC
i dont know why, but I cant think of ANY worse job, than working at a chicken shop.. like red lea or something :confused:

Telemarketing is also on the last resort file.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
For me, security is my last resort. I quit a few months ago when I got a job as a lab assistant/sample preparer. I renewed my license recently, but it's put away deep in the wallet and I'm telling companies I don't have a license so they stop hassling me. :)

shsshs

HSC
glycerine said:
hahah i wish i could still consider $1500 in over a month a large amount :( why is this world so expensive

i actually got a full time job, at the norton grocers deli but i really really really don't want it. as in i'd rather fucking go back to uni. i'm meant to start on monday at 7am but it's very tempting to go in tomorrow, hand back the uniform, collect the money i already earned and go collect some youth allowance instead
oh and i just got a usyd faculty of business+economics scholarship for 5000/yr. FUCK YEH! $5000 for doing nothing vs maccas slaving for 13.03/hr

im quite tempted to quit maccas, but ill stay on for now. many people complain they dont get enough shifts, but im hoping i dont get too many shifts once uni starts.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeah but dude... $5000 a year really isn't that much. i guess if it's paying for uni that's great but you still need to make money on your own right? keep maccas (says she who is on her way to quit her brand new job right now hahaha)

i don't know, i have very little perspective on how much money you need to live on at home cos i've lived out of home for like 8 months now. i think of all money in terms of rent/food/bills/everything else.

i've decided it's totally ethical for me to grab some youth allowance, i've made well over the $16,000 or whatever it is to become independent and i've never relied on the govt before so fuck'em. i'd probably rather grab the rent assistance tho.

bon i can't believe you're not a security guard anymore, that's still how i picture you ahahaha

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
You weren't getting YA before? Go get it you crazy, fool! That way you won't have to work full time to support yourself, you'll be able to work casual/part-time and go to Uni AND pass :p

Yeh, I've had a gutful of security for a long time.. if I stayed in it any longer, it was only a matter of time before I seriously hurt someone or ended up in goal. Now I wear a lab coat and I work night shift so I am the only one there :D My job fucking rocks, really... as many or little hours as I want, all by myself. Pays a lot better than security too!

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
The ultimate embarrassment.

I'm desperate for money atm, owe on bills etc, will take any job going.

McDonald's denied me :(

Got offered a job this morning. Except it's full time. And in Sydney. So I had to say no :(

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I'll never work retail, never work fast food, never work service station...

Somehow I've always been lucky and have only spent 4 days 'out of work' in 8 years of working. :D

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Rorting centrelink probably.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)