how low will you go to make the doolahs? (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
after months of trying to find something full time and living below the poverty line officially, it's time for me to bite the bullet and apply at mcdonalds. i honestly never thought i'd have to do this shit but it looks like.

what about you, what's your last resort?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
A workmate of mine (mid twenties) had to pay for a terrible car accident and worked at a strip club serving drinks. She then was invited to do a bit of stripping. She said she's never earned so much money in such a short time, but as soon as her debt was gone, she left stripping.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I worked at maccas for a year and a half

now I want a new job

If I get that desperate I'll go back but I don't wanna

a law student should be able to do so much better :p

I get offered positions but they are all full time, I can't do that while studying fulltime.
so that sucks

aussiechica7

HSC
Tutor people, even stubborn rich kids failing at their elite private schools, who refuse to learn what you try to present to them :)

And temporarily, sell all my old textbooks that I've been keeping "just in case".

tempco

HSC
Try applying for sales jobs that pop up at seek.com.au or careerone.com.au. Did that and after a few rejections I landed a part time sales job at Dick Smith. There are LOADS of jobs on those sites.

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
Well for me it'd be Gloria Jeans.. I'd probably apply at McDonalds before I apply there. Personal reasons.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Yeah after working at maccas that would prob b last resort but thinking of it now itactually wasnt that bad....but yeah wosrt case scenario would be some fast food place

turtleface

HSC
goan_crazy said:
I worked at maccas for a year and a half

now I want a new job

If I get that desperate I'll go back but I don't wanna

a law student should be able to do so much better :p
I can't believe elitist attitudes like this.

goan_crazy said:
I get offered positions but they are all full time, I can't do that while studying fulltime.
so that sucks
I did have something highly offensive written here, but then I realised I probably shouldn't single you out for lambasting. I apologise.

Last edited:

aussiechica7

HSC
DON'T work for HJ's. Exploitation 2 the max. I was in yr 11, taking 2 yr 12 subjects, trying to get into medicine, and despite the hours that I had put down on my contract they rostered me for 4 closes a week. 4. Can u imagine? Plus, I was 15 and they were only paying me $5.76 an hour- so not enough to screw me over like that. They advertise "great job opportunities"... yeah right. As in "you'll become our bitch and then we'll try to screw your VCE up so much that you won't have any other opportunities but to work for us, and we'll be kind enough to make you a manager." Whatever. At least McD's has a really good training program and pays >$10 an hour.

Anyway I quit at the start of yr 12, got a good ENTER and am now enrolled in medicine. No matter how desperate I get for money, I will never go back there :).

G

Gavvvvvin

I once resorted to purchasing CDs at Rockbottom and selling them on eBay for an inflated price.

I cant believe the amount of people who think they're too good for McDonald's :confused:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
if i was desperately desperate and couldn't ever find anything else i would go back to my first job and probably hate it just as much as i did back then, unless the management has changed in which case it would probably be ok. it wasn't the place, it was the people, as i discovered in hindsight after getting the hell out of there.

other than that, probably stuff like selling stuff for jacked up prices on ebay like gavvvvvin.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
First day being on holidays after summer school and I'm bored already

I need a job really now :eek:

SamTan*06*

All alone in a memory! I was beautiful theeeen....
HSC
tempco said:
Try applying for sales jobs that pop up at seek.com.au or careerone.com.au. Did that and after a few rejections I landed a part time sales job at Dick Smith. There are LOADS of jobs on those sites.
I've been on there for aaaaaageeeeesss!! and no one will hire me!! WAAA! :vcross:

I am seriously considering a fast food job...that, right there is how low I will go.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Busk! Lol... I would actually do that for fun though... so I guess that doesn't count

SamTan*06*

HSC
I should hey??

lol I can see it now...

"C'MON EVERYONE!! IIIIIFFF YOOOOOUUURRR.........HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT CLAP YOU HANDS!!! *clap clap* IF YOUR HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT CLAP YOUR HANDS!!! *clap clap* IF YOUR HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT AND YOU REALLY WANT TO SHOW IT!!! IF YOUR HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT CLAP YOUR HANDS!!!! *clap clap*"

How much money do you think that would get me?? :p

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
SamTan*06* said:
I should hey??

lol I can see it now...

"C'MON EVERYONE!! IIIIIFFF YOOOOOUUURRR.........HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT CLAP YOU HANDS!!! *clap clap* IF YOUR HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT CLAP YOUR HANDS!!! *clap clap* IF YOUR HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT AND YOU REALLY WANT TO SHOW IT!!! IF YOUR HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT CLAP YOUR HANDS!!!! *clap clap*"

How much money do you think that would get me?? :p
If you gave out ballons, wore a funny costume, and smiled. I'd give you any loose change I had. $2 maybe?

You should do it. Go to the city, make people happy, and make money! (You'll find that you make yourself happy at the same time.)

SamTan*06*

HSC
sam04u said:
If you gave out ballons, wore a funny costume, and smiled. I'd give you any loose change I had. $2 maybe?

You should do it. Go to the city, make people happy, and make money! (You'll find that you make yourself happy at the same time.)
lol I guess its worth a try......wat about busker's licenses?? Do they cost anything?

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
SamTan*06* said:
lol I guess its worth a try......wat about busker's licenses?? Do they cost anything?
You need to talk to your local council about that (depends on where you'll be busking.) A small fee might apply for the application process, but it's mainly to do with environment/health and such. It's less to do with charges and all that, if anything it'll be a processing fee. (Basically, they need to determine if it's safe and adheres to noise levels and such.)

Alternatively, you could not have a license at all. As long as you're not in one spot, and you're moving around (not disturbing the peace.) It should be fine. Ofcourse, you wouldn't want to get argumentative if a police officer asks you to "pack it up". Cause that'll just be an unneccesary hassle.

Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)